Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    Courts been understaffed since 2009, Cuomo cut the budget back in 2010 and it’s been a catch up game ever since .

• L33
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

Aren't they already understaffed before the Coronavirus even hit? In addition to already being understaffed, there are those that have retired as of April 2020...and then there will be even more retiring before the courts fully open due to fear of exposure.

Worst case scenario, there would only be temporary layoffs before the courts fully open.
    Yes the courts are definitely understaffed. There was supposed to be an retirement incentive at the end of the year, but cuomo shot that down. Layoffs would be temporary if they do occur.

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    replied
    Originally posted by L33 View Post

I'm pretty sure the 2014 list is dead. I haven't heard of any processing or talks of another class, there are rumors going around that the last class won't survive layoffs.
    Aren't they already understaffed before the Coronavirus even hit? In addition to already being understaffed, there are those that have retired as of April 2020...and then there will be even more retiring before the courts fully open due to fear of exposure.

Worst case scenario, there would only be temporary layoffs before the courts fully open.
    Last edited by LukeSW; 09-14-2020, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• unblindeacon
    replied
    9/11/2019

http://ww2.nycourts.gov/september-11...-affairs-24471

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    commented on 's reply
    Tier 6 is not 30/63. To retire on tier 6 with a full pension on a regular ERS plan is the age of 62 while on a payroll, off a payroll it's 63. With the state 10 years on and at least 55 years of age you can retire with health insurance if you don't care for the pension money.

• L33
    replied
    Originally posted by ownal0t View Post
    i really do hope that they extend the list, this isnt any of our faults. some of us were right at the finish line of our process to get in to the academy and now it seems like we may have to start from the beginning starting next year, which honestly for me i would probably start looking for something else. still holding out hope but yea. probably going to have to redo the physical as well since those only last a year.
    I'm pretty sure the 2014 list is dead. I haven't heard of any processing or talks of another class, there are rumors going around that the last class won't survive layoffs.

Leave a comment:

• ownal0t
    replied
    i really do hope that they extend the list, this isnt any of our faults. some of us were right at the finish line of our process to get in to the academy and now it seems like we may have to start from the beginning starting next year, which honestly for me i would probably start looking for something else. still holding out hope but yea. probably going to have to redo the physical as well since those only last a year.

Leave a comment:

• Mbv3
    replied
    Any new on a possible Upstate Class/Albany? I'm still waiting for my written Psych results from before COVID. I'm hoping there will still be a chance this year or early next year

Leave a comment:

• Bidstar
    replied
    Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
    Unfortunately the governor has Vetoed the our retirement bills for last few years. With the economy the way it is and the political climate right now, I doubt we will ever get 30/55 for new hires. It’s a good job but it’s changing as is law enforcement around the country. I have no idea how different this job will look in a year but it will be different. No info on when the test will be. We have to see how they cut our budget and if there are furloughs, lay-off, etc. Reigns167 You can still make some money on this job. OT does still exist in some commands. They are going to be fixing the Bronx hall of justice for years!
    That’s sad, hopefully in the future we can get a good governor that cares about LEOs, the retirement could really use an upgrade. Only time will tell I guess!

Leave a comment:

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    I know i was a CO for years, i worked in 2 counties, there’s not much OT goin around . Unless construction or film shoots , i never really seen anyone get above 250hrs of OT

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    I'm holding out hope they run another class from the 2014 exam but I doubt it now. I just missed the January cut. I know I can score well but man that's a long wait.

• unblindeacon
    replied
    Unfortunately the governor has Vetoed the our retirement bills for last few years. With the economy the way it is and the political climate right now, I doubt we will ever get 30/55 for new hires. It’s a good job but it’s changing as is law enforcement around the country. I have no idea how different this job will look in a year but it will be different. No info on when the test will be. We have to see how they cut our budget and if there are furloughs, lay-off, etc. Reigns167 You can still make some money on this job. OT does still exist in some commands. They are going to be fixing the Bronx hall of justice for years!

Leave a comment:

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    Good advice. Not the best Leo job out there due to the terrible retirement and pay with the lack of overtime. But it’s still a good job.

• L33
    replied
    I know it's easier said then done, but don't give up hope. Keep in mind that this career has no age limit to get on (as of yet). If your 21 this wait might not be the worst thing. The retirement tier 6 is 30/63, so getting on early means alot of years otj. They will eventually give the test, use this time to get in shape, drop weight of you have to. The last thing you want to do is get 100 on the test and fail out at the physical. When the dates are finally announced start doing practice exams, you can find them on amazon. Read newspapers or books, train your mind to read for a few hours straight without getting burnt out. All of this will be worth it if you get through the steps and then academy. It truly is the best law enforcement job out there. Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• Bidstar
    commented on 's reply
    If you talking about the 2020 test, no there isn’t any updates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5546 users online. 276 members and 5270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X