Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdot2116
    commented on 's reply
    Parking is very limited by the academy. You would have to arrive by 6a in order to find decent parking. However, there are 2 parking garages within walking distance.

• Husker
    replied
    Would anyone be able to tell me how is the parking situation on a weekday by the Brooklyn academy?

Leave a comment:

• L33
    commented on 's reply
    A suit is required for every step (except initial Pat) until the day you graduate. You'll arrive at the academy in a suit, and leave in a suit, usually drenched in sweat.

• HighwayBob
    commented on 's reply
    If you want the job wear a suit. Not sure why you'd even have a doubt about that.

• Glock40
    commented on 's reply
    Always wear business attire.

• Travis64
    replied
    Any rumors on upstate academy?
    for background interview should i wear a suit and tie or just a dress shirt and slacks?

Leave a comment:

• Tactical1
    replied
    Whats the likelyhood of those in the 11,000 range(NYC) to be called for an academy? I am scehduled for the PAT exam on October 31st and was wondering if there is an actual solid chance here to make an academy class.

Leave a comment:

• Lerg13
    commented on 's reply
    So I went to do my packet and get my disposition. One of the court officer there told me there will be a December class(this is word of mouth and I didn’t even ask her when the class would be) for downstate, nyc

• FG1991
    replied
    Hey
    I spoke to someone this morning at administration on the 212 # and they are still projecting for early January and thats all that was said.
    However like all agencies start of next academy would be contingent on needs of the state, funding, how long processing all applicants takes, if they have enough applicants etc.

The best way to find out information about when a possible next academy would be ALWAYS to just call the 212 number that is at the end of all letters from administration. Most of us in this chat have little to no intel; lol so BEST to just go directly to the source and ask them. They have no issue providing what info they have.

Some applicants have received their clearance & have been approved by The Board (as we have seen by comments in here) and some haven't (which DOESN'T mean you are out the running) however those who have been cleared may not have received the date of the PRE-medical which has been noted to happen about a month before an academy class.

BEST THING is to be patient, keep working out, stay out of trouble, call/email your investigator to find out where they are with your case and FOCUS ON YOU & OTHER GOALS in case this doesn't pan out.

****Either way best of luck to everyone****
    Last edited by FG1991; 10-10-2019, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FG1991
    commented on 's reply
    Hey,

They could still be processing your application. Contact your investigator and see where they are with your investigation, if they submitted to the board yet and so forth.

They would have better knowledge based on where your application status is.

• unblindeacon
    replied
    Originally posted by joeya7 View Post
    Does anyone know the pay scale from entry level to final step top salary?
    as of 4-1-20 start @ 51113+ 4200 (location pay for downstate) + 750 SLED PAY +1440 Uniform = $57503

*You might not get a full uniform allowance or SLED pay your first year depending on when you actually start.

After completion of two year traineeship

60339+4200+750+1440 = $66729

Every April 1 you will get an increase until max.

Im not sure if it makes sense to post the max salary with longevity. It takes 9 years to max then an additional 4 for first longevity and then 4 more years for second longevity. Plus there is a 20 year bonus etc. Also by the time you hit max the top salary should be higher. Right now figure about 88K

all number DO NOT include OT
    Last edited by unblindeacon; 10-10-2019, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rlbd73
    replied
    Hello - can anyone provide insight as to when the 2020 exam will be given?

Leave a comment:

• kcole26
    replied
    where are these rumors coming from? when I have called up they maintain that they do not have any information on an upcoming academy date

Leave a comment:

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    Still plenty of time , rumors of next academy pushed out to march

• Mattyg9012
    replied
    I’m assuming that if I didn’t receive an email yet about clearance from the evaluation board I probably didn’t get in. Correct?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9826 users online. 476 members and 9350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X