X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtcop64
    started a topic NYS Court Officers

NYS Court Officers

greetings to all fellow court officers, I'm currently upstate with 8 years on. Just wondering if any other officers, past/present/future are on this board. Take care all & be safe!!!!!

• mmess
    replied
    Anyone from upstate that took the medical last week get called for the Academy yet?? Just wondering, I took it and and am hoping to get called..

Leave a comment:

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    Clean out your locker day after graduation and go home, report to your command next work day.
    Thats how it was upstate , maybe its different in city

• OneMoreRound
    replied
    Can anyone advise the turnaround from graduating the academy to reporting to your command?

Leave a comment:

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    Would depend on what steps you completed and your rank. If all you have to do is medical its possible you could make it in.
    Nm I just looked and class starts on april 4th so I would have to say its too late.
    Last edited by Holcroft; 03-10-2019, 10:50 AM.

• papdrecruit17
    replied
    If someone was considering changing location to upstate it would be too late to do so right , since the academy is expect to start in April ?

Leave a comment:

• kk30
    replied
    They are expecting a upstate academy in early April. Received a call for medical last week.

Leave a comment:

• Ji33
    commented on 's reply
    Courts upstate vary from small quiet places to very busy. You could be in a court with only a couple other officers running around all day breaking up fights without a lot of backup like in the city.

• JakeDaSnake
    replied
    So in all honesty, how boring is this job if placed upstate?

For academy, are you allowed to go home on weekends? Do you stay at Croton facility or a local hotel?

Are you paid starting right in beginning of the academy or does it take a while?

Thanks for any insight!
    Last edited by JakeDaSnake; 03-05-2019, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jdot2116
    commented on 's reply
    Plain black leather belt

• Zik
    replied
    Does anyone know if the duty belts are supposed to be plain or basket weave? Any recc places for uniforms in the bronx?

Leave a comment:

• DLW
    commented on 's reply
    You're allowed to appeal

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    Theres always a chance, would depend what dq was based on.

• DLW
    replied
    Has anyone been dq'd and had any success in the appeal process ? I have an attorney but I dont want to spend the money if appeal chances are slim
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Vn19
    replied
    Congrats to everyone entering the academy.... its a long journey but i promise it is worth it. Just pay attention, keep your mouth shut and stay in shape. This is a great opportunity so dont waste it.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6351 users online. 212 members and 6139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X