Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TP3
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2010

the height/weight has been removed from the hiring process, facial hair policy must be clean shaven for the academy. Once you arrive at your command you can do what you want they just want it kept neat. Congrats to those who received canvass letters, this means the ball is in your court now, like what was mentioned before, only YOU can prevent yourself from getting on the job at this point. Now for you upstate guys hurry up and get on the job lol, I was apart of the last upstate academy from the 2009 test, and I need you guys so my seniority can go up lol

Comment

• Dimo427
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2016

Anyone know when most of the screening process is completed, like if it's on the weekend or will it be weekdays too?

Comment

• noshenanigans
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2016

I'm already a state employee and I just got the canvass letter. Does that by any chance help my chances and help with some of process at all? If not that's okay. I just want to know if someone from years past or just recently had the same situation

Comment

• Mdel210201
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2015

Does anyone happen to know how far they started processing for NYC and LI? I had received a canvas letter last year but wasn't sure how far on this list they got. Thanks all.

Comment

• Nyorkerbb
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2017

I received my canvassing email after 3 years and I just have a few questions...a lot has changed in 3 years I moved to FL to have a better more affordable life for my new son a year ago but I'm more than willing to go back up for this opportunity...question 1) when responding to this email should I use my mothers NYC address or my FL address? Question 2) how soon after replying to the email do they schedule your physical test ? Any insight would be greatly appreciated...this is no longer for me but for my new edition, my 1yr old son as well. Thank you!

Comment

• homers54321
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Dimo427
              Anyone know when most of the screening process is completed, like if it's on the weekend or will it be weekdays too?
              Most if not all will be on weekdays

Comment

• homers54321
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by noshenanigans
                I'm already a state employee and I just got the canvass letter. Does that by any chance help my chances and help with some of process at all? If not that's okay. I just want to know if someone from years past or just recently had the same situation
                It will have no bearing

Comment

• homers54321
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2014

Good luck to all candidates and to those entering the academy next month. This is the best job in the world

Comment

• Nyorkerbb
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Mdel210201
                    Does anyone happen to know how far they started processing for NYC and LI? I had received a canvas letter last year but wasn't sure how far on this list they got. Thanks all.

How is long after your canvass letter did you have to take the PasT ? Was it right away or couple of weeks/months later?

Comment

• Mdel210201
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Nyorkerbb

How is long after your canvass letter did you have to take the PasT ? Was it right away or couple of weeks/months later?
                      i received my canvas letter a year ago and have not received anything after that.

Comment

• Nyorkerbb
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2017

i received my canvas letter a year ago and have not received anything after that.
                        Wow no Physical Ability test in a year ? That's crazy what's your rank I'm in the 12xxx

Comment

• Pats1123
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2013

" THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN OFFERED CONDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS AND ARE BEGINNING THE SCREENING PROCESS:

NYC ALL BOROUGHS:
                          Rank #’s 3 - 1549 (Score 95.5 and above) began the screening process on July 5, 2016.

JUDICIAL DISTRICTS 3 - 8:
                          Rank #’s 1 - 11626 (Score 88 and above) began the screening process on August 16, 2016.

9th JUDICIAL DISTRICT:
                          Rank #’s 12-1540 (Score of 95.5 and above) began the screening process on September 24, 2016.

10TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT:
                          Rank #’s 2-1550 (Score 95.5 or above) began the screening process on September 24, 2016."

- Directly off of the NYS Court Officer Recruitment Site.

Comment

• cbonill3
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2017

Hello all. I also got the canvassing email this weekend. I am sure that I will not get called right away since these things do take time that is why I am also taking other exams. But my question re: this particular exam is this: Is the upstate academy the only one available right now? (2500 Pond View Castleton-On-Hudson, NY 12033) It's 2 hours from where I live so I am hoping that the Brooklyn one will be available soon. Does anyone know when the Brooklyn one will open? Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Ddb515
                              Forum Member
                              • Sep 2015

@cbonill I contacted them a few weeks back regarding the academy locations and they told me the next few academies will be held upstate while the Brooklyn location is completed. She told me most likely the next 2-3 of them

Comment

• Dimo427
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2016

I guess the canvass emails don't really mean much in terms of processing sooner then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19424 users online. 54 members and 19370 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...