X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilServant14
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 1sweetworld
    I was looking at the paperwork for individuals who passed the PAT. I printed the instructions so that I could draft up the paperwork ahead of time (in hopes that I make it that far). But does anyone know where to get a list of past license plates for 5 years? I have been trying to call the DMV, but reaching anyone there is like asking for a miracle! I think I know my past plates, but would hate to have something missing if they really need it.
    How about contacting your auto insurance company for that info?

Comment

• 1sweetworld
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by CivilServant14
      How about contacting your auto insurance company for that info?
      Ahhh.... hadn't thought of that! Thanks!

Comment

• Monkeyboy49
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2010

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Court Assistant list (#45-762) ... my rank is 6XX and thought I would have a decent shot if they ever start hiring ... if anyone has any info that would be great, thanks ...

Comment

• CivilServant14
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Monkeyboy49
          Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Court Assistant list (#45-762) ... my rank is 6XX and thought I would have a decent shot if they ever start hiring ... if anyone has any info that would be great, thanks ...
          There was another thread created on this forum for CA, although not too many contributors. I was canvassed once for a county in the 4th already. I know counties in the 3rd and 7th have canvassed as well (up to score 91.8). I was not canvassed although someone else was (the poster ranked in the 30's).

Comment

• Monkeyboy49
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2010

[QUOTE=CivilServant14;3102940]There was another thread created on this forum for CA, although not too many contributors. I was canvassed once for a county in the 4th already. I know counties in the 3rd and 7th have canvassed as well (up to score 91.8). I was not canvassed although someone else was (the poster ranked in the 30's).[/QUOTE

So there is some movement from that list ... didn't know that ... I scored a 89.2, damn, one more question answered correctly probably would have gotten me canvassed ... Civil, if you know, what is the hiring procedure for Court Assistant ?

Comment

• CivilServant14
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2010

So there is some movement from that list ... didn't know that ... I scored a 89.2, damn, one more question answered correctly probably would have gotten me canvassed ... Civil, if you know, what is the hiring procedure for Court Assistant ?
              Different from the CO process. I believe each county will pull a certain # of candidates from the list and canvass when a position opens up (may be only 1 or 2 positions). Then from there you get interviewed and possibly hired.
              The good thing about the CA process is it is very quick..you may be hired within a 2 month period.
              The bad news is you have to interview for each individual county.

What JDs did you select as your preference?

Comment

• Monkeyboy49
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2010

Different from the CO process. I believe each county will pull a certain # of candidates from the list and canvass when a position opens up (may be only 1 or 2 positions). Then from there you get interviewed and possibly hired.
                The good thing about the CA process is it is very quick..you may be hired within a 2 month period.
                The bad news is you have to interview for each individual county.

What JDs did you select as your preference?
                I selected all the JDs, as I did for the Court Officer position ... speaking of the Court Officer job, I was canvassed for the 3,4,5, & 6 JDs about 6 weeks ago and after putting much thought into decided to "deny" all 4 canvass letters ... I rolled the dice on hopefully getting canvassed for a JD that's located downstate, since I live on Long Island ... do you think I messed up on that decision ?

Comment

• CivilServant14
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2010

I selected all the JDs, as I did for the Court Officer position ... speaking of the Court Officer job, I was canvassed for the 3,4,5, & 6 JDs about 6 weeks ago and after putting much thought into decided to "deny" all 4 canvass letters ... I rolled the dice on hopefully getting canvassed for a JD that's located downstate, since I live on Long Island ... do you think I messed up on that decision ?
                  Hey Monkeyboy...sent you a PM.

Comment

• Max 1618
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2012

Still waiting>>>>>>>>> I turned in my canvass for JD 6. Got my conditional and now I wait.....???

Comment

• Saiano
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2012

Hey, guys. I've been watching this thread for a while and think I can help Max 1618 with his question. I called Court Officer Processing and they said the pre-screening medical letters should be mailed out at the beginning of August. We'll just have to wait until then.

Comment

• TDD57
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Saiano
                        Hey, guys. I've been watching this thread for a while and think I can help Max 1618 with his question. I called Court Officer Processing and they said the pre-screening medical letters should be mailed out at the beginning of August. We'll just have to wait until then.
                        Good news to hear. The process is slow, but at least it gives you time to get into shape. I'm at the weight requirement that is below my height, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully for all that have worked so hard have reached their weight goal. Good luck to all.

Comment

• CivilServant14
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2010

Anyone know how long you have to hold the gun replica for in the arm steadiness portion of the PAT?
                          And does anyone know the passing threshold for pulse rate after doing the step test?

Thanks!

Comment

• Blackangel5288
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2009

Anyone know how long you have to hold the gun replica for in the arm steadiness portion of the PAT?
                            And does anyone know the passing threshold for pulse rate after doing the step test?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by Blackangel5288; 08-10-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• CivilServant14
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Blackangel5288
                              They give u two tries for the hand steadiness test. One minute each time. Can't hit the sides more than 20 times. And there is no set passing threshold for te pulse rate rest. It all depends on your hight weight and age. They plug everything into a computer
                              Thanks for the info! I have been practicing and taking my pulse after stepping for 5 minutes. I am averaging about 105 BPM after 30 seconds, so I think I am in decent shape.

Comment

• Swartz319
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2012

Anybody know the tattoo policy for CO? I have a couple on my arms but not below the elbow. Can't see them with long short sleeve shirts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21522 users online. 53 members and 21469 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...