300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @mp1212

They don't tell you the exact minimum numbers required. I did about 55-56 for mine. I believe I've read on this thread that someone finished somewhere in the low 40s and passed.

They will give you a packet and go over everything you need for the background check.

They will want the details of your current job (and every other job you've held since high school), but they will not contact them if you request it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP1212 View Post
      Hey, I have the physical on may 23rd. Anyone know how many sit ups they expect in a minute? I just had 2 kids in a row so this is my main concern.

Also, do they tell you in advance what to bring to the investigator/pysch? I don't know my past employers addresses/schools by heart. Also do they want your current employer? What if you're not telling your job that you're going through the process just in case you never get in? I haven't told my job yet because I work for a very small company and I was only going to tell them if I knew I got in, otherwise they would replace me and what if I don't make it.
      There are no required number of sit-ups (I did 35 and passed), pull-ups, etc. Sit-ups is part of Category II: Strength and Muscular Endurance. If you do well on the arm lift and leg endurance, it enables you to not do as well on the sit-ups portion. The same goes for any of the exercises in category I. Yes they tell you what to bring to your investigator/psych appointment. Your packet will have been completely filled out and you will have all of the address info you need with you. You have the option of not having your present employer contacted. They suggest that you do not have them contacted because you don't need to give your present employer a reason to let you go when you may never get on the job anyway.
      Last edited by Kannons610; 04-06-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sogaard View Post

They will want the details of your current job (and every other job you've held since high school), but they will not contact them if you request it.
        I thought most gov't background checks went back 10 years? If you're older than 30 something are you sure they go back that far?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
          I thought most gov't background checks went back 10 years? If you're older than 30 something are you sure they go back that far?
          Yes, I was told to go back to High school for the info as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
            Yes, I was told to go back to High school for the info as well.
            I would assume they won't hold you to the accuracy of the info dating back that far? What if you can't remember? I had many odd side jobs during college.

Comment

• me too, civil. i wonder the importance of the jobs being "on the books." i guess those would be the jobs that show up on "previous jobs worked" form from social security. anyone who wrote out their past work...did you list ALL jobs or just ones that were taxed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                me too, civil. i wonder the importance of the jobs being "on the books." i guess those would be the jobs that show up on "previous jobs worked" form from social security. anyone who wrote out their past work...did you list ALL jobs or just ones that were taxed?
                I didn't think about social security records. Good idea!

Comment

• Great to hear! I'm not sure how many sit ups I can do right now but I'm definitely less stressed now. Between having a newborn and a toddler and going back to work soon, I'll be going to the gym a lot less soon. I really hope I pass the physical, but I'm not looking forward to having to gather all the info for the background check. I think they just don't want you to lie about anything. I don't have anything to hide I just hope I don't forget things. Thanks everyone!

Comment

I didn't think about social security records. Good idea!
                    thanks...they take up to 4 months to get though. but their accuracy is the best. i have some jobs listed on my credit report but i never worked for those companies (2 of them) i hope my identity isnt stolen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                      thanks...they take up to 4 months to get though. but their accuracy is the best. i have some jobs listed on my credit report but i never worked for those companies (2 of them) i hope my identity isnt stolen...
                      Hey,

If you go to your local social security office they can give you a copy of your employment history the same day. It will cost you some money to get a copy. That is how I got mine. I paid about $40.

Comment

• Get there before the government shuts down today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Hey,

If you go to your local social security office they can give you a copy of your employment history the same day. It will cost you some money to get a copy. That is how I got mine. I paid about $40.
                          thanks for the info Cravan...4 hour wait is better than 4 month wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            Get there before the government shuts down today.

right? i guess i wont be taking a trip to a national park today either.

Comment

I'm in my mid 30s. They want every job and school you have attended since High School. The only thing they put a 10 year cap on is living locations. They suggest going through your old tax returns, or as someone else already mentioned, getting the report from Social Security.

If there are some jobs you really don't remember the details of, mention that during the Q/A session when you first get your info packets (I had two weeks between when I got it and when it was due) and see what they say. What you don't want to do is make it look like you are trying to hide something.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sogaard View Post
                                I'm in my mid 30s. They want every job and school you have attended since High School. The only thing they put a 10 year cap on is living locations. They suggest going through your old tax returns, or as someone else already mentioned, getting the report from Social Security.

If there are some jobs you really don't remember the details of, mention that during the Q/A session when you first get your info packets (I had two weeks between when I got it and when it was due) and see what they say. What you don't want to do is make it look like you are trying to hide something.

Hope this helps.
                                It does...thanks. As long as I have access to SS records it'll be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5843 users online. 315 members and 5528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X