300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
    Thanks Mtn29. Good luck to you as I'm sure you will ace the process. The state is in deep debt, but I agree with that it will take something horrible to go wrong that the state all of the sudden has the money to remove the freeze. A lot of the states judges do not like the fact right now with the cuts the judicial branch has on it. They see what is coming with all the cuts and courts are already overloaded with cases. The "order" will not be there in some of these court houses. The freeze will not be forever, but at the same time you do not want to see anyone get hurt or worse.
    thanks, you too todd. definitely dont want to see anyone harmed, especially over something that could have been prevented.

Comment

• Are NYC candidates from the 2009 exam still being processed by any chance?

Comment

• just heard today they will start layoffs starting in june. but nothing regarding exactly which jobs...
        Last edited by Mtn29; 04-04-2011, 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by ba9428
          I have my background/psych scheduled for later this month.
          Okay, thanks for the reply. Good luck with the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
            just heard today they will start layoffs starting in june. but nothing regarding exactly which jobs...
            Hey,

Where did you get your information?

Comment

• Hey I have my meeting with my investigator/fingerprints/psych on Wednesday...I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long all this will take? what does the day entail? what will the meeting with the investigator be like, just reviewing my packet I guess? I am just curious what to expect and what will take the longest? If anyone can give me and idea I would appreciate it thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by metsclinch View Post
                Hey I have my meeting with my investigator/fingerprints/psych on Wednesday...I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long all this will take? what does the day entail? what will the meeting with the investigator be like, just reviewing my packet I guess? I am just curious what to expect and what will take the longest? If anyone can give me and idea I would appreciate it thanks...
                It took about 6-7 hours when I did it. It also depends how quick you take the written psychological. I was done very quickly but I saw some other people who were really taking their time. Your investigator will make sure your packet is complete and might ask you a few follow up questions. The longest part will be filling out paperwork and addressing envelopes to your past places of employment, as well as the test of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Hey,

Where did you get your information?
                  friend works at supreme court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                    friend works at supreme court.
                    Okay, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                      It took about 6-7 hours when I did it. It also depends how quick you take the written psychological. I was done very quickly but I saw some other people who were really taking their time. Your investigator will make sure your packet is complete and might ask you a few follow up questions. The longest part will be filling out paperwork and addressing envelopes to your past places of employment, as well as the test of course.
                      Oh ok great thanks....any tips on taking the psych? ? and what sort paperwork do we have to fill out that takes a long time? we have to address envelopes to previous employers? never did that before...

Comment

• Originally posted by metsclinch View Post
                        Oh ok great thanks....any tips on taking the psych? ? and what sort paperwork do we have to fill out that takes a long time? we have to address envelopes to previous employers? never did that before...
                        I don't remember all the paperwork. You have to fill out a paper for each past employer and then address the envelope as well. You have to do the same for each school you have attended. My advice for the psych is not to get too crazy filling in the circles on the scantron. I looked around and saw people filling them in like it was an art project. The questions are easy and need very little thought. Thinking about them will only slow you down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                          I don't remember all the paperwork. You have to fill out a paper for each past employer and then address the envelope as well. You have to do the same for each school you have attended. My advice for the psych is not to get too crazy filling in the circles on the scantron. I looked around and saw people filling them in like it was an art project. The questions are easy and need very little thought. Thinking about them will only slow you down.

Oh ok thanks

Comment

• I took my time nothing worse than rushing through it and having to go in and explain to a psychologist why you have dreams about killing people. Just take your time answer correctly

Comment

• Hey, I have the physical on may 23rd. Anyone know how many sit ups they expect in a minute? I just had 2 kids in a row so this is my main concern.

Also, do they tell you in advance what to bring to the investigator/pysch? I don't know my past employers addresses/schools by heart. Also do they want your current employer? What if you're not telling your job that youre going through the process just in case you never get in? I haven't told my job yet because I work for a very small company and I was only going to tell them if I knew I got in, otherwise they would replace me and what if I don't make it.

Comment

• Hey MP,

good luck. not sure about the exact #'s but Ive been training to do as many as I can in 1 minute. shouldnt you be careful about that? i heard women can get abdominal hernias if they work their stomach muscles too soon after having kids. be safe...

not sure about your other questions, im intersted in the answers too. have my PAT the same week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6380 users online. 331 members and 6049 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X