Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
    Cravan,

The collars are usually discons, crim possesion of weapon (many are 4th degree), crim possesion of controlled substance, assault.
    Okay, thx for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
      This is really disheartening news for you guys, but Im not sure if they will stick to it. It sounds like a CYA to me. If they dont hire anyone for another year the vacancies will continue to rise...then when they do some hiring it will probably be large number of classes each with a large number of recruits. If you were cleared for 1/6 academy I would bet you will be offered a job...I would look for another job regardless, even to just hold you over until you get a call....I am curious as to processing as well.
      I agree with you 100%. OCA could of let the 1/6/11 recruit class go through the academy without spending extra money. From what I read from an article, 262 court officers retired in 2010 and OCA hired 190 new court officers. That leaves 72 open slots available. This is not even counting the amount of open slots that were empty before the early retirement incentive in Nov 2010. OCA really put us in a bad spot, but it is time to move on.

Comment

• Everyone needs to do whats best for themselves and their families....I wouldnt blame anyone for looking for something else at this point...Of course I'd like to see all you guys make it on and still hope that you do. Good Luck to everyone, keep us informed of your status, and I will keep you guys updated if/when I hear something
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• When the budget is approved and passed then we will know what OCA will do this year. If there is an academy, then OCA will most likely take their time processing for it and then running it. NYC will be taken care of first with upstate waiting for their turn for the next fiscal year. Either way OCA will be in a need to hire a lot of court officers in the fiscal year of 2012/2013 to fill all the vacancies from retirement and transfers. People are still being processed now for NYC and from what I have read from previous threads, OCA is taking their time with them from the sound of it. It is going to take more time right now and all we can be is little more patient. We are at the mercy of the state until things get settled within it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
            When the budget is approved and passed then we will know what OCA will do this year. If there is an academy, then OCA will most likely take their time processing for it and then running it. NYC will be taken care of first with upstate waiting for their turn for the next fiscal year. Either way OCA will be in a need to hire a lot of court officers in the fiscal year of 2012/2013 to fill all the vacancies from retirement and transfers. People are still being processed now for NYC and from what I have read from previous threads, OCA is taking their time with them from the sound of it. It is going to take more time right now and all we can be is little more patient. We are at the mercy of the state until things get settled within it.
            good point, Todd. 2012 is only 8 months away from us as it is. And we still dont know what will happen 2 weeks from now. Those of you who have hung on and waited, and waited and then STILL waited...your perseverance is definitely noticed and commended. I hope that those of you who need a job now, will find one....whether it be temporary or long term.

things always have a way of working themselves out.....

Sounds like OCA has already let some of their staffing go...

Comment

• I want to thank everyone on here who has expressed sympathy/empathy for the supposed 1/6/11 recruit class. I will keep you all informed about our status. God bless!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                I want to thank everyone on here who has expressed sympathy/empathy for the supposed 1/6/11 recruit class. I will keep you all informed about our status. God bless!!!!
                Keep your head up Cravan. This will workout for you. As it will for all of us who's goal is to have a career in law enforcement. We all chose a career that takes a process to get. This freeze is just part of that process that will not last long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  I want to thank everyone on here who has expressed sympathy/empathy for the supposed 1/6/11 recruit class. I will keep you all informed about our status. God bless!!!!
                  Dream about the future and you in uniform (which you will be). It's a nice feeling and in the meantime take care of odds and ends while you have free time. Because when you become a CO your time will be limited.

Comment

• theyre still scheduling PATS...

Comment

• Hey Mtn29,

I'm assuming you just went in for a med. Where there any talks about the budget or the recent news regarding the academy?
                      Did anyone ask OCA? Thanks.

Comment

• no talk about budget from OCA staff there, not much talking there anyway. people seem to keep to themselves and staff only sticks to what their present job is. If theyre scheduling PATs, I assume thats a good sign, or at the least things are still moving.

Comment

• It is a good sign to hear they are still going through the process of PAT's. If this was an all out freeze, the hiring process would have stopped completely. When the budget is passed we will hear what OCA plans will be for the fiscal year of 2011/2012. As it sounds there still is a chance that they will run the NYC academy. As for upstate, we are still at the mercy of the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                            no talk about budget from OCA staff there, not much talking there anyway. people seem to keep to themselves and staff only sticks to what their present job is. If theyre scheduling PATs, I assume thats a good sign, or at the least things are still moving.
                            Hey,

Did you meet with your BI this week? If so, how was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                              It is a good sign to hear they are still going through the process of PAT's. If this was an all out freeze, the hiring process would have stopped completely. When the budget is passed we will hear what OCA plans will be for the fiscal year of 2011/2012. As it sounds there still is a chance that they will run the NYC academy. As for upstate, we are still at the mercy of the state.
                              We will all have to wait and see.

Comment

• Hey Cravan,

not up to that point yet. Hopefully I wil be! have my PAT coming up. if I pass, ill get my date i suppose.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 300 members and 4990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X