Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
    Hey,

We did not spend the $2000 yet. We did spend money on sneakers, 1 inch letters, and other small accessories for the academy.
    I guess this money is spent during the academy ($2k)? Approx. how much do you have to invest before the academy?

I thought once you went through processing you are now on a different list and it doesn't matter if the exam list expires? I think you guys/gals are in for the next academy for sure. OCA surprised you a few times already...once with the job offer when you thought the list expired, then the cancellation and now this. Nothing seems to be set in stone and a class sooner than you think may happen. Keep positive...your time will come when it was meant to be.

Comment

Hey Jontot,

I will also max out my unemployment insurance and start looking for another job. I am also able to spend more time with my child. I have more time to focus on my Master's degree program. This is a real blow to all of us.
      I hear you man, this thing is really a bummer for all of us who quit our job because of the promise of Jan 6 academy and now unemployed. Btw Cravan, I thought our list expired already but since the postponement of our class we should be the first in line for the next academy whether if that's next year or 2, 3, 5 years from now. I hope???
      Exam 2005/ 45-722
      Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
      Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        I guess this money is spent during the academy ($2k)? Approx. how much do you have to invest before the academy?

I thought once you went through processing you are now on a different list and it doesn't matter if the exam list expires? I think you guys/gals are in for the next academy for sure. OCA surprised you a few times already...once with the job offer when you thought the list expired, then the cancellation and now this. Nothing seems to be set in stone and a class sooner than you think may happen. Keep positive...your time will come when it was meant to be.
        To be honest with the # of days we have taken off from work, The train tickets to the city, The parking in Brooklyn, The cost to take the test and finger print, The supplies for the academy, etc we probably have put atleast $2000 into this already. I have a duffle bag full of "REQUIRED" items for the academy and 2 Postal money orders sitting ready. This was not a cheap endeavor and i cant believe the end of the tunnel continues to get further away. As some have said they did word that letter in such a way as to say it wasnt definate that a class would not get called in this new fiscal year. they may in fact have been blowing smoke up our new Governors @$$. I personally cant imagine how they anticipate working so short hand for another year. They person i know in the system says the only way to get a day off is to call in sick. Something has to give at some point. And i hope it is before any more court officers are injured
        Last edited by FutureCtOfr; 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM.
        Test 45-722
        Rank 21XX
        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

i dont think it matters even if the next class went in in 2015-all of us who were scheduled for the january 6th class will get first dibs as long as we can still pass "another" final physical and meet the requirements of the class. Then if they are going to go with a larger class they will supplement from the NEW list. I am pretty sure though anyone who has not completed "ALL" steps of the process off of test 45-722 are now expired. So other then the handfull of us who were actually scheduled for the class the old test is now defunct. We are in a sort of limbo*rolls eyes*its the story of my life
          Test 45-722
          Rank 21XX

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
            To be honest with the # of days we have taken off from work, The train tickets to the city, The parking in Brooklyn, The cost to take the test and finger print, The supplies for the academy, etc we probably have put atleast $2000 into this already. I have a duffle bag full of "REQUIRED" items for the academy and 2 Postal money orders sitting ready. This was not a cheap endeavor and i cant believe the end of the tunnel continues to get further away. As some have said they did word that letter in such a way as to say it wasnt definate that a class would not get called in this new fiscal year. they may in fact have been blowing smoke up our new Governors @$$. I personally cant imagine how they anticipate working so short hand for another year. They person i know in the system says the only way to get
            a day off is to call in sick. Something has to give at some point. And i hope it is before any more court officers are injured

Thats what I was thinking too, regarding the smoke up the a**. Sorry for you guys that were anticipating the academy.

I hope no tier 6 is introduced before next year....but that is looking like one big fat reality now.

Comment

• I wonder if theyre going to schedule any more PATs and BI's after this announcement. I go next week for full med...I suppose I will find out then.

Comment

Yeah, the $2000 is when you are in the academy. I believe I spent no more than $200. My all white cross trainers cost me $75 (that was the most expensive item).

You are right my friend. Once you are done with processing, you are put on a waiting list to be hired. OCA did tell us in the recent email that we are still going to be considered for another recruit class.

Thanks for your optimism.

Comment

• I wonder if the 1,300 judges are still going to get a raise after the budget is approved. It that is the case, that would be some messed up stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                    Thats what I was thinking too, regarding the smoke up the a**. Sorry for you guys that were anticipating the academy.

I hope no tier 6 is introduced before next year....but that is looking like one big fat reality now.
                    Hey,

The government is destroying civil service pensions and this does seem like reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                      I wonder if theyre going to schedule any more PATs and BI's after this announcement. I go next week for full med...I suppose I will find out then.
                      I hope they continue with the processing. Please keep us informed about any news you receive. Good luck!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
                        i dont think it matters even if the next class went in in 2015-all of us who were scheduled for the january 6th class will get first dibs as long as we can still pass "another" final physical and meet the requirements of the class. Then if they are going to go with a larger class they will supplement from the NEW list. I am pretty sure though anyone who has not completed "ALL" steps of the process off of test 45-722 are now expired. So other then the handfull of us who were actually scheduled for the class the old test is now defunct. We are in a sort of limbo*rolls eyes*its the story of my life
                        Hey,

That is the scary part, we do not know when the next academy is going to go in. It could be in another 4 years.

Comment

I hope they continue with the processing. Please keep us informed about any news you receive. Good luck!!!!
                          thanks! will let you know...

Comment

• This is really disheartening news for you guys, but Im not sure if they will stick to it. It sounds like a CYA to me. If they dont hire anyone for another year the vacancies will continue to rise...then when they do some hiring it will probably be large number of classes each with a large number of recruits. If you were cleared for 1/6 academy I would bet you will be offered a job...I would look for another job regardless, even to just hold you over until you get a call....I am curious as to processing as well.
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Cravan,

The collars are usually discons, crim possesion of weapon (many are 4th degree), crim possesion of controlled substance, assault, Criminal contempt, OGA
                              Last edited by unblindeacon; 03-27-2011, 10:02 AM.
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                                This is really disheartening news for you guys, but Im not sure if they will stick to it. It sounds like a CYA to me. If they dont hire anyone for another year the vacancies will continue to rise...then when they do some hiring it will probably be large number of classes each with a large number of recruits. If you were cleared for 1/6 academy I would bet you will be offered a job...I would look for another job regardless, even to just hold you over until you get a call....I am curious as to processing as well.
                                i agree. I cant see how they can go another year without hiring. From a safety standpoint it makes no sense. We must wait and see and hope things progress more quickly then expected
                                Test 45-722
                                Rank 21XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76645 users online. 204 members and 76441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X