300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
    People, I don't mean to smash each everyones dreams, but, from what I was told year after year, and from people who took the exam over and over again every four years. The academy classes are very small, the hiring process is very long as far as selecting candidates. You do the math! Lets say 4000 applicants took the exam on October of 09, and the same amount on December of 2009, and they only hire 100-150 per year. by the time they reach your list # and exam # everything probably would of expired and you would have to start all over. Unified Court System profits alot of money every 4 years on the administration of exams. On the other hand, if you are lucky, and scored well on the written exam, and are at the top of the list or top ten. Then just maybe, just maybe you will hear something from some one at the NYS Court HR. Read the other Court Officer Threads for NYS, you will see what I'm talking about.
    whats u bro, can u give me the website that u log on to, to fill out the application for US capitol police and the US secret service
    NYPD Exam 5314
    List #: 5**
    APD: Waiting!!
    Medical: Waiting!!
    Written Psych: Waiting!!
    Oral Psych: Waiting!!
    BI: Waiting!!
    JST: Waiting!!
    Mini Medical: Waiting!!

Comment

• usajobs.gov

Comment

• Sort of a side note. Any of the court officers here notice that we now have the power to execute bench warrants upstate as well (effective end of May)? Governor signed the bill last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
          Sort of a side note. Any of the court officers here notice that we now have the power to execute bench warrants upstate as well (effective end of May)? Governor signed the bill last week.
          One of the guys I work with was telling me about this the other day. He is a court officer in the 9th JD.

Comment

• Well .........well, Paterson signed the bench warrants bill, thats nice, but we wont be executing them upstate since we have no MSP and the bosses wouldn't allow it anyways!! we don't even have our own appearance tickets, we have to call our local police dept, no drug test kits either...not allowed, local police dept. does that also for us

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
              People, I don't mean to smash each everyones dreams, but, from what I was told year after year, and from people who took the exam over and over again every four years. The academy classes are very small, the hiring process is very long as far as selecting candidates. You do the math! Lets say 4000 applicants took the exam on October of 09, and the same amount on December of 2009, and they only hire 100-150 per year. by the time they reach your list # and exam # everything probably would of expired and you would have to start all over. Unified Court System profits alot of money every 4 years on the administration of exams. On the other hand, if you are lucky, and scored well on the written exam, and are at the top of the list or top ten. Then just maybe, just maybe you will hear something from some one at the NYS Court HR. Read the other Court Officer Threads for NYS, you will see what I'm talking about.
              I'm still waiting for them to call from the 06 exam

Comment

• Been waiting since June 08' and Im still waiting with patience. LOL...

Comment

• Just got my letter..........all phases complete and upon successful completion of the medical I can be appointed to an upcoming class.

Comment

• Congradulations and welcome to our boat. LOL... Hopefully the next academy class will be more than 45 recruits and and big class with over 100 recruits for NYC. Were you screened for upstate districts or downstate?

Comment

• Congrats Red.. how long did you have to wait to complete the whole process since you took the test?
                      Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• EASF,

I started the process in 12 of 07' and completed the process in May 08' and been on the certified list for a NYC academy since June 08'. Just waiting for my final medical for a NYC class. I scored pretty well and was 22xx on my list number out of 23,000.

Comment

• wow you did pretty good; so basically, most of the time its a 2 -3 years wait to get on the job.

I took the test on Dec 2009, I just started, o,o lol.. Ill let u know how i did in the test in a couple of month. thanks for the info!

Good luck bro..
                          Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• I took this exam in Oct, but I see there's an exam upcoming for a "Court Assistant" position. Anyone know anything about it? It looks like it's more of a Clerk job, which is still pretty cool as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoTro View Post
                              I took this exam in Oct, but I see there's an exam upcoming for a "Court Assistant" position. Anyone know anything about it? It looks like it's more of a Clerk job, which is still pretty cool as far as I'm concerned.
                              Court assistants are entry level clerks. In the 1st and 2nd Judicial Departments (NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, and Dutchess) they have peace officer status but only do clerk type duties and have no real law enforcement role. In other words, if you get pulled over don't expect your clerk or court assistant id to get you out of anything. Upstate clerks and court assistants do not have peace officer status, but that doesn't stop them from trying to tell us how to do our jobs.

I should mention to be fair that there are plenty of good court clerks/assistants out there. The ones who started out as court officers tend to be a little more friendly towards us, as well as more competent.
                              Last edited by Fuerza; 04-13-2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Gotcha, Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4860 users online. 207 members and 4653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X