Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oneforall
    commented on 's reply
    They always want you to do your fastest run. They will never tell you the exact time you need to beat. I ran 1.5 miles in 11:25 I’m in my early 30’s. Anything more than 12mins may have you on remedial if you’re under 35. That’s only if they don’t dismiss you.

• ccoop93
    commented on 's reply
    I'm just hoping they bring back 55/30 for courts. There is a bill right now in process trying to bring that back... CSEA endorsed the current governor so hopefully that swings back around in our favor when that bill goes to her desk.

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    While the Courts do have a more expensive health care than NYC, it is much more comprehensive and accepted just about anywhere in the US.

Leave a comment:

• ccoop93
    replied
    EQUIPMENT QUESTION:

For anyone going into the academy, what knee and elbow pads are you purchasing? Should we be buying a black duffel bag as well?

Leave a comment:

• Jedicen
    commented on 's reply
    Wow all of that is Awesome advice Reigns167 SP121 thank you so much. That's great to hear because improvement is all I'm looking for as well. Can't wait to put it all into the real thing finally.

• SP121
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t worry too much about time or pace. They’ll never tell you what they’re looking for because it varies from person to person depending on age and gender. You can get a better understanding of it if you look up the Cooper Standards Fitness data. What they’re actually looking for is improvement. As long as your numbers are going down with each run assessment, you’ll be okay. Don’t slack during your first assessments either, thinking it’ll be easier to show “progress”, because then you’ll be put on physical remedial and have to stay late and work out. Give it your all each and every PT, run, and their assessments and you WILL show progress.

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    Jedi don’t worry about it bro . You’ll be fine just work ar what you’re doing .

• ccoop93
    replied
    Wondering if any current NYS Court Officer MOS know anything about the new contract that they’re up for… top pay etc… new benefits… I’m having trouble finding runours / info on this

also I noticed that unlike NYC govt jobs, you pay more for health care with NYS, does health care go up often? Also can I go to my dentist still under courts health care / union, or is it only their dentist?

Leave a comment:

• Jedicen
    commented on 's reply
    Can you comment on the pace posted above of wanting us to clock a 1.5 mile in 12 and a half minutes? Thank you for everything you mentioned. Super excited to start in April!

• gkov
    commented on 's reply
    Whatever you do don't quit!!!

• soon2retire
    replied
    Excellent advice by SP121. I would add NOT to post anything on here once you start the academy. Last I heard, the academy monitors these sites, and will punish the entire class for what one recruit might post on here

Leave a comment:

• SP121
    replied
    To all those starting the academy: Be on time, be clean shaven, have a neat haircut (no hair touching the collar), wear business attire (a MATCHING suit with a tie), and pay attention. Start doing push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers, and planks every day until you start. Start running at least a mile and a half a couple of times per week. Do not give up. If you drop out after you’ve already been given a position in the academy, you’ve successfully taken that spot from someone else who was willing to work harder than you. The first few days are going to be rough but you’ll be fine. Power through it and you’ll find that you might actually enjoy it. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Jedicen
    commented on 's reply
    Yup same here

• Jedicen
    commented on 's reply
    Virgil_Tibbs yeah lost out on like $25 bucks or so but I just used the like $76 I got back to reorder the Hanes stuff. Got stuck with two Russell t shirts they wouldn't take back so hopefully I don't accidentally wear those lol

• Jedicen
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah that pace seems... A bit much personally lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2906 users online. 217 members and 2689 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X