Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
    hows this for a kicker

just got an e-mail seems there will not be any class for the rest of this fiscal year-fantastic
    Wow!!! I got the same email. This year really sucks!!! Do we have bad luck or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      Sorry to hear this...only good thing is unemployment extensions are good through Dec. 31st 2010 but it doesn't make up for not having f/t income. I just wonder what is going to happen next year. Is the financial situation going to improve drastically for them to now hire officers?
      I was wondering the same thing. This is really not fair. I am unemployed because of this unfortunate situation. Damn!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
        here is letter

Dear Candidate

As you are aware, due to fiscal uncertainties the January 6, 2011 court officer recruit class was postponed. Since that time, in veiw of the States continuing and serious fiscal difficulties, the Judiciary budget for 2011/2012 fiscal year was reduced. As a result, we do not anticipate offering a recruit class during this fiscal year.

Be assured you remain an active candidate for appointment blah blah blah

Please remain up to date blah blah blah
        Wow that sucks.

I'm so sorry to all you guys who lost their jobs over this It's super sad and definitely disheartening.

I have my meeting with the BI coming up, wonder if I'll hear anything there.

Comment

• So many hurdles to finally get here and then bad luck after bad luck after bad luck. As i said earlier the only good thing to come from this whole thing is that i am able to run 3 miles in under 28 minutes. i worked hard for that. i will continue the running as i took a liking to it. This has been a bad year for all. Sorry to all that have to stay unemployed due to cuomo doomsday budget......

Comment

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
            So many hurdles to finally get here and then bad luck after bad luck after bad luck. As i said earlier the only good thing to come from this whole thing is that i am able to run 3 miles in under 28 minutes. i worked hard for that. i will continue the running as i took a liking to it. This has been a bad year for all. Sorry to all that have to stay unemployed due to cuomo doomsday budget......
            thats for damn sure.

So "this fiscal year" means NEXT fiscal year? Couldnt "THIS FISCAL YEAR" mean until march 31,2011? grasping at straws here....

Comment

• Your best bet Civil...go when they tell you to go. no matter what.

Comment

• I got the same bad news. I guess I will max out my unemployment insurance. The only positive about this is I am able to spend more time with my 3 kids and finish few projects for our house that I've been putting off.
                Exam 2005/ 45-722
                Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                  thats for damn sure.

So "this fiscal year" means NEXT fiscal year? Couldnt "THIS FISCAL YEAR" mean until march 31,2011? grasping at straws here....
                  The email states 2011/2012 so looks like up until next April 1st 2012. One word that interests me is "anticipate". Does this mean that it "may" happen before April 1st 2012? Trying to figure out what the state and OCA will do next is exhausting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
                    I got the same bad news. I guess I will max out my unemployment insurance. The only positive about this is I am able to spend more time with my 3 kids and finish few projects for our house that I've been putting off.
                    Hey Jontot,

I will also max out my unemployment insurance and start looking for another job. I am also able to spend more time with my child. I have more time to focus on my Master's degree program. This is a real blow to all of us.

Comment

The email states 2011/2012 so looks like up until next April 1st 2012. One word that interests me is "anticipate". Does this mean that it "may" happen before April 1st 2012? Trying to figure out what the state and OCA will do next is exhausting.
                      OCA means April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012. I am not going to hold my breath for this job anymore because they will probably reduce the 2012/13 fiscal budget as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                        OCA means April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012. I am not going to hold my breath for this job anymore because they will probably reduce the 2012/13 fiscal budget as well.
                        Didn't you guys invest some $2,000 in the academy already?

One thing to note from the last exam (I think this excludes you guys from 1/6 academy) is the OCA seemed to scramble before the exam list expired in trying to get academies through. I expect hiring to happen but just later in the life of the exam list than sooner. Although I also wonder if the upstate districts will still be processing even during a hiring freeze. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

• This news of no academies for the fiscal year of 2011-2012 is typical of what the state is going through right now. The debt is deep and the new governor has put his influence on the judicial branch. This move though is just the chief judge scratching the new governor's back for now. Yes it is hard to swallow, especially for the people who got cancelled for the Jan 6th class, but the freeze will not last forever. Chances are the list will get extended and people who scored low might get a shot now when they lift the freeze. All of this is part of weeding out the 34,500 people who passed the exam. NYC is still processing and hopefully they will start processing upstate through the freeze as well. They haven't stopped the processing so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Like I said before hiring freezes come and go in the state. I put in nine years working for the state so this is not shocking news to me. You just got to keep your head up and be ready when they do come calling for you.

Comment

Didn't you guys invest some $2,000 in the academy already?

One thing to note from the last exam (I think this excludes you guys from 1/6 academy) is the OCA seemed to scramble before the exam list expired in trying to get academies through. I expect hiring to happen but just later in the life of the exam list than sooner. Although I also wonder if the upstate districts will still be processing even during a hiring freeze. Just thinking out loud.
                            Hey,

We did not spend the $2000 yet. We did spend money on sneakers, 1 inch letters, and other small accessories for the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                              This news of no academies for the fiscal year of 2011-2012 is typical of what the state is going through right now. The debt is deep and the new governor has put his influence on the judicial branch. This move though is just the chief judge scratching the new governor's back for now. Yes it is hard to swallow, especially for the people who got cancelled for the Jan 6th class, but the freeze will not last forever. Chances are the list will get extended and people who scored low might get a shot now when they lift the freeze. All of this is part of weeding out the 34,500 people who passed the exam. NYC is still processing and hopefully they will start processing upstate through the freeze as well. They haven't stopped the processing so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Like I said before hiring freezes come and go in the state. I put in nine years working for the state so this is not shocking news to me. You just got to keep your head up and be ready when they do come calling for you.
                              The thing that bothers me the most is that a recruit class could be scheduled for 2013 and my 2005 exam list life could get expired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                The thing that bothers me the most is that a recruit class could be scheduled for 2013 and my 2005 exam list life could get expired.
                                When the budget for 2012/2013 is approved, and the freeze has been lifted, the people who have finished/passed the hiring process will be the first into an academy. This should include you since your class was postponed and you already passed the hiring process. For whatever the reason though that you are not, you did retake the exam in 2009 and scored an 86 which will start the hiring process all over again. Your score on the '09 list is not out of reach for OCA also a lot of people on the list ahead of you most likely will find other employment and not want the court officer job. I know this is tough right now, but the information said "anticipate" which when the budget is approved for this year there might be an academy that could get in. It's not over yet for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18661 users online. 505 members and 18156 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X