300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this isn't an odd question, but to all the current Court Officers:
    Do you recall when (approx) the 5th, 6th and 8th districts were incorporated into the OCA? I know the OCA has been adding judicial districts all along and from what I understand the 7th is still controlled by local sheriffs.
    Reason why I ask is...looking at the last exam from 2005 and how far they reached in rankings some jd's got as high as 9k-14k in rank. I was wondering if they just joined the OCA and needed a great amount of officers because of that or do those districts in general always lack local candidates. Trying to gauge how the canvassing may go for these districts for the 2009 exam.
    Thank you in advance!

Comment

• does anyone know if oca can mix a class based on exam numbers. can there be a class with half the exam from 2005 and then the 2009 or must the class be seperate due to exam list

Comment

• Any info on the Full medical process . I see they do blood pressure and vision again . What are the other tests and doctor exam like ? Is it a full day ?

Comment

• Originally posted by workingon View Post
          Any info on the Full medical process . I see they do blood pressure and vision again . What are the other tests and doctor exam like ? Is it a full day ?
          All the information you need is on this website and also in previous posts.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening2.shtml

Comment

• angelo3456
            OCA can do whatever they want so if they want to mix a class they can...anyone who was cleared for appt & ready to enter the aborted academy will be offered a job even though they are off the 05 test.

CivilServant14
            I dont know exactly when they were incorporated, but as far as canvassing i think it would be because most applicants decide to work in other jd's like the 9th, NYC, LI (areas that get that extra $4g location pay)...

as a side note JHO's (just hanging out) lol...i mean (judicial hearing officers) are a thing of the past come april 1st...there are many who are hoping there will be some "house cleaning" at beaver st...officers are safe...no word on hiring new officers (THAT ARE NEEDED) we'll find out more the closer we get to april 1.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
              angelo3456
              OCA can do whatever they want so if they want to mix a class they can...anyone who was cleared for appt & ready to enter the aborted academy will be offered a job even though they are off the 05 test.

CivilServant14
              I dont know exactly when they were incorporated, but as far as canvassing i think it would be because most applicants decide to work in other jd's like the 9th, NYC, LI (areas that get that extra $4g location pay)...

as a side note JHO's (just hanging out) lol...i mean (judicial hearing officers) are a thing of the past come april 1st...there are many who are hoping there will be some "house cleaning" at beaver st...officers are safe...no word on hiring new officers (THAT ARE NEEDED) we'll find out more the closer we get to april 1.
              Thanks for the info! So the JHOs seem to be the target for OCA layoffs?
              Also..I have read some reference about beaver street on the rant site. What's so different about this location if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• civil, you've got an arsenal of questions man! are you some sort of strategist?! haha

Comment

• Beaver St. is not a courthouse. It is where the OCA muckity mucks are ensconced
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                    civil, you've got an arsenal of questions man! are you some sort of strategist?! haha
                    lol...I can analyze things to death at times but with good reason. I like to know as much as possible before committing to anything. It can only be to our advantage to pick the brains of current and former officers (who have been extremely helpful).

I once made the mistake of taking a job w/o asking many questions and ended up regretting it. Of course at that time internet wasn't that popular. Thank God for the internet and these forums! Otherwise we would all be blind going into this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                      Beaver St. is not a courthouse. It is where the OCA muckity mucks are ensconced
                      Gotcha! Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to hear details while on the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                        lol...I can analyze things to death at times but with good reason. I like to know as much as possible before committing to anything. It can only be to our advantage to pick the brains of current and former officers (who have been extremely helpful).

I once made the mistake of taking a job w/o asking many questions and ended up regretting it. Of course at that time internet wasn't that popular. Thank God for the internet and these forums! Otherwise we would all be blind going into this process.

for sure....cant hurt to ask, eh?

Comment

• Oh, you'll hear PLENTY,lol.
                          Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                          Gotcha! Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to hear details while on the job.
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I dont mind answering your questions civilservant14....It wasnt that long ago that i was in the same position as you. I had a ton of questions and i came to this forum to seek out those in the know. If there is anything you want to know just ask....if i dont feel comfortable posting it i will pm you...beaver street is OCA HQ...aka the 5th dimension....but more on that later

Comment

• http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg

Comment

• I think this guy works at beaver st???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10006 users online. 476 members and 9530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X