Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 test takers who are furthest along are the upstates who are in the investigation phase post PAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
      got my letter to go in for my pre screen med in the next few weeks....thats a positive note, eh? theyre still dending out letters and moving along it seems.
      Congrats, which JD have you been canvassed for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
        I was originally canvassed for NYC in November, which I accepted. In december I received a letter from OCA giving me the opportunity to switch my choice to Suffolk, which I did. I have my PAT on Monday. I believe there are Suffolk candidates who have completed the PAT and are in the background process, at least going by the posts here. I failed the first weigh in, which is why I am behind.
        According to an article I read, Suffolk county is in dire need of court officers. I heard that some officers transferred from NYC to fill vacant spots in Suffolk. Good luck!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
          2009 test takers who are furthest along are the upstates who are in the investigation phase post PAT
          You are right. I remember so one from upstate NY posted that they were doing their PAT & investigation at the same time. Things are looking very positive thus far. Let's see when OCA schedules another class.

Comment

• thanks Cravan, the 10th.

Comment

I was originally canvassed for NYC in November, which I accepted. In december I received a letter from OCA giving me the opportunity to switch my choice to Suffolk, which I did. I have my PAT on Monday. I believe there are Suffolk candidates who have completed the PAT and are in the background process, at least going by the posts here. I failed the first weigh in, which is why I am behind.
              Hey Retriever, congrats. good luck with it. im in suffolk too, and received my canvas letter same time as you. curious, whats your score/rank? just trying to gage my timeline.

Comment

Hey Retriever, congrats. good luck with it. im in suffolk too, and received my canvas letter same time as you. curious, whats your score/rank? just trying to gage my timeline.
                I scored a 96.7 on the exam. Good luck to you too.

Comment

Interesting. Since my post I recently spoke to guy who ranked under 200 with a 96.7 on the exam and he hasn't even done his pre medical yet. The difference is he picked Suffolk outright. The guys who were given the opportunity to switch from NYC were given an advantage it seems. They already started the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by East End View Post
                    Interesting. Since my post I recently spoke to guy who ranked under 200 with a 96.7 on the exam and he hasn't even done his pre medical yet. The difference is he picked Suffolk outright. The guys who were given the opportunity to switch from NYC were given an advantage it seems. They already started the process.
                    Wonder if another list is created after one accepts their canvass letter? I know once you complete the entire process you are added on to a separate list for the academy.

Comment

• It just seems a bit unfair that for example, someone ranked under 100 that chose Suffolk exclusively would ultimately be behind someone who was ranked over 1000 on the appointment to the academy list, simply because they were afforded the opportunity to switch from NYC to Suffolk after they had been originally canvased. At least that's my understanding of it. Can someone shed some light on this if it is in fact what's happening?

Comment

• Retriever, did they give you 30 days to retest your weight?

Comment

Retriever, did they give you 30 days to retest your weight?
                          Yes, that is about how much time they gave me. But I think it depends on how much weight you have to lose. Feel free to pm me with any other questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by East End View Post
                            It just seems a bit unfair that for example, someone ranked under 100 that chose Suffolk exclusively would ultimately be behind someone who was ranked over 1000 on the appointment to the academy list, simply because they were afforded the opportunity to switch from NYC to Suffolk after they had been originally canvased. At least that's my understanding of it. Can someone shed some light on this if it is in fact what's happening?
                            Hey,

It is all about which JD someone chooses and the need for court officers in that area. If someone chooses NYC and there is a urgent need for court officers, they will get canvassed first. This is why many people choose NYC as their JD so that they could get the process started as soon as possible.

Comment

• Before the PAT the investigators spoke about what we needed to do and what to bring to our next appointments. I remember we were told to get dispositions for any moving violations we have ever received. Will someone please shed some light on how to go about accomplishing this task. Thanks.

Comment

• Just got back from my Pre Med for Suffolk. I missed the weight by a few pounds but that wasnt going to be a problem until they saw my eye test results. I was just a tick under 5'11 but of course they wouldn't let me compare to the 5'11 requirements. Then they say my uncorrected vision has to be better than 20/40. So I leave and call my eye doctor who says on his machines my eyes meet the requirements. As far as the weight goes they use a scale that has to be 30 or 40 years old, and they don't take into account that your wearing a suit. Another thing that ****ed me off is my canvas lettet says business attire required so I wear a suit. I want to know why the other couple of guys who showed up not is business clothes where allowed to move forward? This day was a complete waste of my time and nothing but BS and aggrivation

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17561 users online. 449 members and 17112 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X