300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres the issue:

The union here upsate (CSEA), at least in the fourth District and the surrounding areas is run by Court Officers... so good luck trying to get out of CSEA and into SCOA.
    "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

• bluflu379, thank you for the budget info.......I just wonder if paterson will let it pass?? be great if he did.

darkhelmet, I didn't know courtofficers ran CSEA in the 4th?? I'm in the 6th & it doesn't work that way for us, it would be an improvement for us if we did. I know the officers in Buffalo tried to get out but failed during the process.

Comment

• im not going to give peoples names.. as this is a public site.. but C.F. are his initials....I think they have different representatives for different sections of the state...
        "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

• The Courts are a separate branch of the government. The governor cannot touch the court budget. He must submit it to the legislature, however he is allowed to comment on it. The legislature can determine the amount of funding to be approved for the courts.

Comment

• Darkhelmet, here in the 6th all we have to represent us is a rep from CSEA, his initals are D.L. courtofficers aren't involved in CSEA at all here, makes for a lopsided union here!!!!

Comment

• Dinosaur32

Your right the judicial branch is one of the 3 branches of goverment and thats why I am puzzled with the hiring. I thought the budget has been the same for the last 5 years. Nothing more or nothing less being asked for. I was told they are just not hiring the amount of officers like they use to just to keep in line with other law enforcement agencies. I dont know we will see.

Comment

• How do you think the Chief Judge is paying for the OT that is left and the extra 5Gs for the judges? Every employee line in the budget is fully funded. So if an Officer retires 1 month into the budget year OCA has the rest of his annual salary to play around with. Which is why there are "fill levels" when it comes to filling empty lines. have 10 vacancies maybe you get to fill 3. But remember the original 10 were fully funded. Lots of cash to play with.

Comment

• I know what you mean. I know the governor asked the chief judge if the judicial could scale back a little which with more and more cases each year its not possible. For democracy to work you need rule of law and justice so without the courts what do you have. If you think about it, everything revolves around the courts. We will see!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by courtcop64 View Post
                    Darkhelmet, here in the 6th all we have to represent us is a rep from CSEA, his initals are D.L. courtofficers aren't involved in CSEA at all here, makes for a lopsided union here!!!!
                    o wow. On the other side of the coin when you only have Court officers as representatives, a lot of the "other issues" dont get addressed. There should be a requirement of some sort that puts people of all job types in the union so everyone get represented equally...

Comment

• I agree with you completely Darkhelmet, 8 years I've been in the courts, CSEA has yet to impress me

Comment

• What agencies are in CSEA?

Comment

• upstate, not sure at least 3 or 4 JD's.............6th for sure and the western end of the state I know of

Comment

• The 3rd and 4th Jd use CSEA... pretty much ulster county up to st lawrence county.

Heres the website for CSEA.... http://www.csealocal1000.org/inside_csea.php

Comment

• Anyone know if they are still calling people to start the process?

Comment

• Results of Court Officer-Trainee Examination 45-758 are expected to be mailed to applicants on or about July 2010.

Eligible lists are in existence for four years and may be extended for one additional year. The new NYS Court Officer-Trainee list 45-758 will be established Summer 2010.

Just like the last test before 45-722 that list was extended as well. So for guys that are on 45-722 and havent started the process or just did, you will still have a shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10992 users online. 464 members and 10528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X