Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
    everyone must have passes physical no more comments
    Won't find out until later in the month as far as I know.

Comment

• Is it to late to get Vet. points to my score?

Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
        Won't find out until later in the month as far as I know.
        Good luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
          Is it to late to get Vet. points to my score?

Lee
          You should call the OCA to find out.

Comment

• hope the time passes quickly for everyone! at this rate, april 1st is on its way soon.....looking forward to hearing about the budget, and what it means for those waiting to get into the academy.

i received my canvas letter mid-december, and then got a confirmation letter mid-january stating my selection of the specific jd I chose. it also states at the end of the letter, to anticipate an appt.letter for my 1st medical "shortly." anyone know if theyre still going to schedule these appt.s "shortly?" or has everything halted?

-m

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
              hope the time passes quickly for everyone! at this rate, april 1st is on its way soon.....looking forward to hearing about the budget, and what it means for those waiting to get into the academy.

i received my canvas letter mid-december, and then got a confirmation letter mid-january stating my selection of the specific jd I chose. it also states at the end of the letter, to anticipate an appt.letter for my 1st medical "shortly." anyone know if theyre still going to schedule these appt.s "shortly?" or has everything halted?

-m
              Things are still moving, I had my full medical last week and I was told my PA will be at the end of the month. I am waiting for the letter confirming the date.

Comment

hope the time passes quickly for everyone! at this rate, april 1st is on its way soon.....looking forward to hearing about the budget, and what it means for those waiting to get into the academy.

-m
                Hey,

Congrats in receiving the canvass letter!!! I did some research last week and analyzed that a NYC & upstate NY class went into the academy in August 2010, right after the NYS budget was approved on August 3, 2010 (which was four months late). These two classes hired a total of 190 court officer trainees. In November 2010 approximately 262 court officers took the early retirement package. That means there is 72 open court officer jobs available throughout NYS. You also have to factor in that a lot of court officers are going to transition to court clerk jobs. I predict that there is going to be another court officer academy after the 2011-12 budget is approved. The OCA informed candidates from my exam (45-722) that we will be rescheduled into another academy class once NYS' fiscal issues are resolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                  Things are still moving, I had my full medical last week and I was told my PA will be at the end of the month. I am waiting for the letter confirming the date.
                  thats excellent news, Retriever! good luck with everything. thanks for the reply as well...good to know things dont stop completely...

Comment

-m
                    which jd did you select? It seems NYC is moving right along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                      Hey,

Congrats in receiving the canvass letter!!! I did some research last week and analyzed that a NYC & upstate NY class went into the academy in August 2010, right after the NYS budget was approved on August 3, 2010 (which was four months late). These two classes hired a total of 190 court officer trainees. In November 2010 approximately 262 court officers took the early retirement package. That means there is 72 open court officer jobs available throughout NYS. You also have to factor in that a lot of court officers are going to transition to court clerk jobs. I predict that there is going to be another court officer academy after the 2011-12 budget is approved. The OCA informed candidates from my exam (45-722) that we will be rescheduled into another academy class once NYS' fiscal issues are resolved.
                      Thanks Cravan nice work...seems like there is info to be had. and great news about being next up for the academy. those #'s are unreal for sure. like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle. i wonder how this will pan out. my dad did the process (successfully) over 20 years ago....things have definitely changed. good luck with everything.

-m

Comment

• hey civil servant, i put in for the 10th. selected just 10th at the time of the test.

Comment

• There more vacancies than Cravan's 72. Many commands were working short before the buyout. One thing to keep in mind: Each agency has a certain number of payroll lines. Under the buyout usually vacated lines disappear. LE titles do not lose the lines. The lines are fully funded in the budget. However, OCA will set a fill rate/level for the title. OCA might, for example limit the hiring to 60% or perhaps 75% of the open lines. This percentage is spread over the budget year and gives management extra cash to play with. Eventually most of the lines will get filled. There are other games management can play with vacant lines, but that's for another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            There more vacancies than Cravan's 72. Many commands were working short before the buyout. One thing to keep in mind: Each agency has a certain number of payroll lines. Under the buyout usually vacated lines disappear. LE titles do not lose the lines. The lines are fully funded in the budget. However, OCA will set a fill rate/level for the title. OCA might, for example limit the hiring to 60% or perhaps 75% of the open lines. This percentage is spread over the budget year and gives management extra cash to play with. Eventually most of the lines will get filled. There are other games management can play with vacant lines, but that's for another time.
                            Dinosaur, thanks for the input ... appreciate having you here and providing accurate info ...

Comment

• Hey all,

I was watching this show last night called Inside City Hall on NY1 and the host Mr. Errol Lewis interviewed chief judge (John Lippman) of the NYS courts about the 2011/12 budget. Judge Lippman talked about how he respects Governor Cuomo's efforts to reduce NYS' budget, but he was unable to cut the court's operational budget by 10% because it would lead to thousands of layoffs and the closing of court houses. Judge Lippman reported that he was going forward with his proposed 2011/12 budget. Judge Lippman reported that the courts needs it's 2.7 billion dollar budget approved because the courts have a constitutional duty to provide equal justice for lower income persons. The judge stated that the courts are already working with limited staff and they are back logged with cases. The judge reported that every year there is a challenge to pass the court's budget, but in the end the legislature almost always approves the budget.

Comment

• Thanks for the info carvan. Everything shoul fall into place soon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12812 users online. 431 members and 12381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X