300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FutureCtOFc...

Initial physical, you mean when you were going through the canvassing and final physical as you were hired pending the final physical before the academy? According to what I personally saw at my initial physical and what dozens of people posted here, people were disqualified immediately for weight/height.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
      FutureCtOFc...

Initial physical, you mean when you were going through the canvassing and final physical as you were hired pending the final physical before the academy? According to what I personally saw at my initial physical and what dozens of people posted here, people were disqualified immediately for weight/height.
      The process starts and finishes with a physical
      My initial physical was over 2 years ago and i was over the weight limit for my height-the doctor was called in and made me take off my shirt and did an inspection and concluded i was a larger frame and was not overweight
      I then went through all of the other steps in the process such as physch and background and physical abilities and final interview. This December i went back for the final physical which you need to pass before being accepted into the academy and now they are following the Height/Weight guidelines to the letter and i failed. They gave me about a week and a half to lose the weight and be reweighed. I had to go back to Manhattan just to step on the scale. Then after passing that i was accepted to the Academy. Just be warned they are following the list very stringently now and there is little to no wiggle room when it comes to the weigh in so LOSE it before going the first time to save yourself from a crash diet.
      Test 45-722
      Rank 21XX
      was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Has anyone who is scheduled for Agility this coming week have any idea how to find out about postponements due to weather if there is snow on or before the date of your test? I am scheduled for this coming Wed and with my luck it will be a snow storm!

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
          Has anyone who is scheduled for Agility this coming week have any idea how to find out about postponements due to weather if there is snow on or before the date of your test? I am scheduled for this coming Wed and with my luck it will be a snow storm!
          I'm a little concerned with that myself as I have a temp job out of state right now and I'm driving about five hours on Tuesday for the PA test. I kind of doubt they'll cancel though, it's just supposed to be sleet and freezing rain right?

ETA: the contact info is here if you were concerned enough to call.
          Last edited by britta; 01-31-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
            I'm a little concerned with that myself as I have a temp job out of state right now and I'm driving about five hours on Tuesday for the PA test. I kind of doubt they'll cancel though, it's just supposed to be sleet and freezing rain right?

ETA: the contact info is here if you were concerned enough to call.
            I called today and they said as of now Tuesday is still on but she said to call tomorrow and see if anything changes. I will def post anything I hear.

Comment

• Yes the weight is very important. When i knew i have my final phyiscal before the postponed class i went on a crash diet to loose 8 pounds since i was at exactly 207 for my hieght and i didnt want to take a chance. Loose the weight now and follow the chart they are strict on that i seen a few people get tunred away rightbefore the acadmey class due to the weight issue.

Comment

• Cuomo budget calls for $3.7 billion in cuts

Comment

• I wonder what public sectors will be affected by the layoffs. Can't seem to find any specifics online.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,
                    I'm new to the board but have been reading all the post. I'm near the Syracuse area and also took the test in Oct of 2009 and scored a 42xx and was wonder if anyone from my area has gotten a canvas letter yet for the Central NY area.

Thanks
                    Lee

Comment

• I know that some are having their physical agility and meetings with the investigators today. Please give us a run-down of how things went from start to finish. I have mine tomorrow and I'll be giving a play by play

Comment

• hey everyone,
                        this is for people who did there PA test already. Just wondering when we do the PA test, do we also do the written psych test the same day. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
                          Hi Everyone,
                          I'm new to the board but have been reading all the post. I'm near the Syracuse area and also took the test in Oct of 2009 and scored a 42xx and was wonder if anyone from my area has gotten a canvas letter yet for the Central NY area.

Thanks
                          Lee
                          Welcome to the thread! As far as I have seen from the postings, no one has been canvassed for anything north of the 9th JD.

Comment

• The budget briefing book is there on that page. I noticed references to corrections officers but nothing about the courts that I could see. But then again I didn't read the whole thing, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
                              hey everyone,
                              this is for people who did there PA test already. Just wondering when we do the PA test, do we also do the written psych test the same day. thanks
                              I have not taken the PAT yet, but as per the Courts web site the answer is yes.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening4.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                                The budget briefing book is there on that page. I noticed references to corrections officers but nothing about the courts that I could see. But then again I didn't read the whole thing, lol
                                I saw the section on workforce reduction, but it's not clear besides correctional department what other sectors will be affected.
                                I did notice "attrition" was added into the total number of the reduced workforce number which means many positions will not be filled after retirement (approx 1700). I guess it will be a wait and see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12304 users online. 404 members and 11900 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X