Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
    It could very easily have been 88 beats per minute. up/up/down/down
    Also at some point you might want to change which foot is the one leading so as to not be lifting your body weight with the same foot constantly.
    Hey FutureCtOfr:
    I notice your rank is 21xx from the old exam. When did finish all your processing and was there any delays as you're in the very last class? I'm ranked in the lower 5,000s from the latest exam and seeing someone ranked 21xx going in this late concerns me (about my chances for NYC at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      Hey FutureCtOfr:
      I notice your rank is 21xx from the old exam. When did finish all your processing and was there any delays as you're in the very last class? I'm ranked in the lower 5,000s from the latest exam and seeing someone ranked 21xx going in this late concerns me (about my chances for NYC at least).
      When i had originally taken the test I had said i only wanted Nassau/Suffolk
      About 2.5 years ago they called me and said i had greatly restricted myself because of this and asked if i would be willing to add NYC to my acceptable Region. I said yes and then that is when my process actually began
      I did my first and second Physicals followed by my Physical abilities test and written Psych evaluation and met with my investigator within the next few weeks. After that it began to drag. I did the second part of my Psych over this last Memorial day weekend and had my final evaluation in Manhattan in July. Just missed the class they held because i was doing my evaluation when they were also doing final physicals for others and since they were ready the class started without me. Got my call for this class on the 17th of December. Gave my 2 week notice and worked till New Years. I have my duffle bag all packed and Post office money orders. I am all dressed up with no place to go.........
      Hopefully you did not restrict yourself with the area's you chose and you wont find yourself in the same boat as me...lol

I wish all of you luck-But i hope they fix our class soon.
      Test 45-722
      Rank 21XX
      was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
        When i had originally taken the test I had said i only wanted Nassau/Suffolk
        About 2.5 years ago they called me and said i had greatly restricted myself because of this and asked if i would be willing to add NYC to my acceptable Region. I said yes and then that is when my process actually began
        I did my first and second Physicals followed by my Physical abilities test and written Psych evaluation and met with my investigator within the next few weeks. After that it began to drag. I did the second part of my Psych over this last Memorial day weekend and had my final evaluation in Manhattan in July. Just missed the class they held because i was doing my evaluation when they were also doing final physicals for others and since they were ready the class started without me. Got my call for this class on the 17th of December. Gave my 2 week notice and worked till New Years. I have my duffle bag all packed and Post office money orders. I am all dressed up with no place to go.........
        Hopefully you did not restrict yourself with the area's you chose and you wont find yourself in the same boat as me...lol

I wish all of you luck-But i hope they fix our class soon.
        Thanks for the info and I hope your class starts soon!
        I have selected the entire state of NY but really hoped for NYC as my family and friends are here. I will take what I can get but know that once I accept a canvass letter from upstate, NYC is out of the picture. Can I deal with over 115 inches of snow like Syracuse has gotten so far?? Looks like I would have to buy myself an all wheel...lol

Comment

Cuomo may also be looking to change the NYS retirement pension system for new employees. A tier VI is the rumor going around:
          http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/a...may-be-on-tap/
          Like I've said before, Cuomo will not get my vote next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
            Hey Krull,

My rank is 42xx, so we are about 800 apart in rank ... I hope we get a shot at this job ... what's your feeling on that, do you think we have a decent chance ? I picked all of the downstate locations plus 4 J.D.'s upstate for location preferences ... hopefully that helps ... best of luck to you ...
            I hope so with a score of 90 we would have definitely had a shot in the past but with the cancellation of the academy and reading that they might not replace the people who took the early buyout I am having some doubts. Hopefully we get a chance before the list expires in 2013 until then we wait.
            Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

Thanks for the info and I hope your class starts soon!
              I have selected the entire state of NY but really hoped for NYC as my family and friends are here. I will take what I can get but know that once I accept a canvass letter from upstate, NYC is out of the picture. Can I deal with over 115 inches of snow like Syracuse has gotten so far?? Looks like I would have to buy myself an all wheel...lol
              Hey Civil,
              I selected Suffolk, Nassau, NYC, 9th JD, 6th JD, 3rd JD ... my rank is 42xx ... it looks like I may have to go all wheel too ... move from the beach to the mountains : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                Hey Civil,
                I selected Suffolk, Nassau, NYC, 9th JD, 6th JD, 3rd JD ... my rank is 42xx ... it looks like I may have to go all wheel too ... move from the beach to the mountains : )
                Just trying to keep all options open. Hopefully we may see more canvassing once Albany passes the budget.

Comment

Just trying to keep all options open. Hopefully we may see more canvassing once Albany passes the budget.
                  When is the deadline for Albany to pass the budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                    When is the deadline for Albany to pass the budget?
                    Cuomo is supposed to present the budget by Feb. 1st and the current fiscal year ends March 31, 2011. That being said, Albany may pass it by April 1st, but in the past the legislature has debated the issue until August on at least one occasion. I am just hoping for the best for all of us!

Comment

Cuomo is supposed to present the budget by Feb. 1st and the current fiscal year ends March 31, 2011. That being said, Albany may pass it by April 1st, but in the past the legislature has debated the issue until August on at least one occasion. I am just hoping for the best for all of us!
                      Thanks for the info!!! I am just trying to figure out when another court officer academy will take place. I just called OCA's human resource department and left them a message re: to find out if they knew when a next class was going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                        Thanks for the info!!! I am just trying to figure out when another court officer academy will take place. I just called OCA's human resource department and left them a message re: to find out if they knew when a next class was going in.
                        http://www.wnyc.org/articles/politic...s-budget-late/

Budgets are from April 1- March 31 of following year. Link doesnt include the budget we are currently in which went until August (4+ months overdue)

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
                          http://www.wnyc.org/articles/politic...s-budget-late/

Budgets are from April 1- March 31 of following year. Link doesnt include the budget we are currently in which went until August (4+ months overdue)
                          Thanks for the information.

Comment

• I spoke with the OCA's human resource department today and they told me that they are still not sure when another class is going to enter the academy. OCA told me that once another class is scheduled, exam 45-722 will be the first to go in.

Comment

• Chances are good that all those who have been cleared for appointment will be hired...eventually..remember: they have spent a lot of $ on officer candidates...I just hope our new governor doesnt decide to push judicial layoffs...then i'd be on the unemployment line too...just hang in there
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• If there is anyone who is going for a physical please make sure that you meet the height/weight requirements based off of the list

When i went for my initial physical i was about 11 pounds over and they waved me right through-At the final physical this December i was around the same weight and they failed me. They gave me a week and a half to lose 13 pounds. I went on a sick diet and lost 18 pounds in 9 days and got re-weighed. I passed the second time but if i had known that they had changed their policy i would have dieted before my physical. Just figured i would pass this along. Hopefully no one else will have to suffer like i did for that week.
                                Test 45-722
                                Rank 21XX
                                was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9905 users online. 479 members and 9426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X