300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by britta View Post
    If I have to do 60 in one minute I'm screwed, lol.
    If the army expects you to do 23 sit-ups in one minute to pass then rest assured that the courts are probably similar.

All the math was just convincing myself that I knew something. Set the goal high

Comment

• Keep in mind that there is plenty of wiggle room for the Physical Ability Test. For example, Category I: Strength and Muscular Endurance, is comprised of three tests: Leg Lift, Arm Endurance, & Pull-Up Trainer. If you do poorly on one of the three you can make it up by doing very well on the other two parts. They will tell you this before you take the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
        I just realized I don't know how long they ask you to keep your hand steady for... I thought I had read five minutes somewhere but apparently not, lol. Can you enlighten me?

I'm going for NYC. I wonder how many people will be at this thing.
        Are you meeting with your backround investigater? I was sent a backround packet and had to get all sorts of past info, I am under the impression that because the people from my area are traveling they are combining our steps, I also did my mini med and full med in one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
          Thanks, but I took the physical in late 2008 or early 2009. I took my exam (45-722) in 2005. I was supposed to get into the academy on Jan 6, 2011 but the class was indefinitely postponed due to uncertainties with the states budget.
          So you went thru the pre appointment med? do you have to retake the eye exam before the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
            If the army expects you to do 23 sit-ups in one minute to pass then rest assured that the courts are probably similar.

All the math was just convincing myself that I knew something. Set the goal high
            lol, I understand. And I am setting the bar as high as I can!

Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
            Keep in mind that there is plenty of wiggle room for the Physical Ability Test. For example, Category I: Strength and Muscular Endurance, is comprised of three tests: Leg Lift, Arm Endurance, & Pull-Up Trainer. If you do poorly on one of the three you can make it up by doing very well on the other two parts. They will tell you this before you take the test.
            Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
            Are you meeting with your backround investigater? I was sent a backround packet and had to get all sorts of past info, I am under the impression that because the people from my area are traveling they are combining our steps, I also did my mini med and full med in one day.
            As of today I haven't received a background packet. Though it would be nice if I could kill two birds with one stone, I don't think I'll get that lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
              So you went thru the pre appointment med? do you have to retake the eye exam before the academy?
              Yes you do. Check out the link below for the pre-appointment medical exam.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening8.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                Hey,

What JD have you chosen to work?

Comment

• Cuomo may also be looking to change the NYS retirement pension system for new employees. A tier VI is the rumor going around:
                  http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/a...may-be-on-tap/

Comment

• Morning Boys and Girls. I tried to sign up for this forum on the 5th after getting my call late the night before about the cancellation/indefinite postponement of the january 6th class. not sure why but it took till this morning till i was admitted. someone mentioned the other day about unemployment-It is available i spoke to someone on moday the 24th and they were able to authorize payment after confirming that you were indeed scheduled for that class. The guy at unemployment was quite nice

Regarding the situp's for the Physical Abilities test-i was shocked to see people do 8 total in the minute. I would say the average was about 22. I accomplished 44 in the minute and passed. The rest of the test was long and grueling, it took the entire sauturday.

The arm Steadiness test was 30 seconds-you got 2 attempts to do the test and i was able to touch or barely brush sides about 4 times during the test. It is 1 handed and the gun weighs the same as a standard issue Glock with a rod coming out the barrel that goes through the very small hole drilled in the middle of a dart board with a metal ring around the hole. It is tough to remain steady escpecially if you have recently done one of the other strenuous activities. So try and do alot of breathing inbetween tests to relax as hard as that is to do.
                    Good Luck

And to the rest of us stuck in limbo land-lets keep our fingers crossed this gets rectified quickly!
                    Test 45-722
                    Rank 21XX
                    was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
                      Morning Boys and Girls. I tried to sign up for this forum on the 5th after getting my call late the night before about the cancellation/indefinite postponement of the january 6th class. not sure why but it took till this morning till i was admitted. someone mentioned the other day about unemployment-It is available i spoke to someone on moday the 24th and they were able to authorize payment after confirming that you were indeed scheduled for that class. The guy at unemployment was quite nice

Regarding the situp's for the Physical Abilities test-i was shocked to see people do 8 total in the minute. I would say the average was about 22. I accomplished 44 in the minute and passed. The rest of the test was long and grueling, it took the entire sauturday.

The arm Steadiness test was 30 seconds-you got 2 attempts to do the test and i was able to touch or barely brush sides about 4 times during the test. It is 1 handed and the gun weighs the same as a standard issue Glock with a rod coming out the barrel that goes through the very small hole drilled in the middle of a dart board with a metal ring around the hole. It is tough to remain steady escpecially if you have recently done one of the other strenuous activities. So try and do alot of breathing inbetween tests to relax as hard as that is to do.
                      Good Luck

And to the rest of us stuck in limbo land-lets keep our fingers crossed this gets rectified quickly!
                      Thanks for all the info, it really helps! And good luck to you, I hope they get you guys back into a class asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                        Hey,

What JD have you chosen to work?
                        I am goin for the 9th district with my fingers crossed lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
                          Morning Boys and Girls. I tried to sign up for this forum on the 5th after getting my call late the night before about the cancellation/indefinite postponement of the january 6th class. not sure why but it took till this morning till i was admitted. someone mentioned the other day about unemployment-It is available i spoke to someone on moday the 24th and they were able to authorize payment after confirming that you were indeed scheduled for that class. The guy at unemployment was quite nice

Good Luck

Hey Future C.O.,
                          Thanks for the info ... can you give us info on the step test ? I know its 5 min and done to the beat of a metronome, but how many step ups does that equate to ? Thanks for the help, and the best of luck to you !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                            Hey Future C.O.,
                            Thanks for the info ... can you give us info on the step test ? I know its 5 min and done to the beat of a metronome, but how many step ups does that equate to ? Thanks for the help, and the best of luck to you !
                            The step test was pretty grueling actually. The thing i remember most about it was that you were doing it and thinking in your head 5 minutes must be up soon and then the instructor says ok your half way there. I couldnt believe it. It seemed to go on forever. I cant say for sure but the metronome seemed to be beating about once a second roughly and after the 5 minutes they allow you to sit on your box for 1 minute. At that point they check your pulse. I was worried about several parts of the test before attempting them-The step test was the only test i was worried after i had taken it because my pulse still hadnt recovered from the stepping. But i passed so i am going to say they are expecting your pulse to still be above normal after the test but you shouldnt be panting and your heart racing. Hope that helps.
                            Also please note the box is a different height for Men and Women. The womens box is slightly shorter.
                            I do remember leaving the building in Manhattan and feeling drained when the day was done. It was a long day and i know i pushed hard at all parts to make sure i passed. And i was wiped out when it was all over.
                            Last edited by FutureCtOfr; 01-27-2011, 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling
                            Test 45-722
                            Rank 21XX

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                              Hey Future C.O.,
                              I am pretty sure the metronome is set to 88 beats per minute. Up with one leg, up with the other, down with one leg, down with the other. That would happen over four beats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                                I am pretty sure the metronome is set to 88 beats per minute. Up with one leg, up with the other, down with one leg, down with the other. That would happen over four beats.
                                It could very easily have been 88 beats per minute. up/up/down/down
                                Also at some point you might want to change which foot is the one leading so as to not be lifting your body weight with the same foot constantly.
                                Test 45-722
                                Rank 21XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4830 users online. 238 members and 4592 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X