300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
    Congrats on passing! How many situps did you do? does anyone know the minimum number required?
    Thanks, but I took the physical in late 2008 or early 2009. I took my exam (45-722) in 2005. I was supposed to get into the academy on Jan 6, 2011 but the class was indefinitely postponed due to uncertainties with the states budget.

Comment

• -
      Originally posted by britta View Post
      How big was the hole that you have to stay steady in?

Is anyone else going in for their physical ability test on the 2nd of Feb?

Only slightly bigger than the 50 point circle on a dart board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
        -

Only slightly bigger than the 50 point circle on a dart board.
        Feb. 2nd is my date

50 point circle is the green one or the inner red bullseye?

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
          Feb. 2nd is my date

50 point circle is the green one or the inner red bullseye?
          Dead center, the red bullseye

Comment

Dead center, the red bullseye
            I noticed in the pictures that the people showing the hand steadiness test are only using one hand to hold their weapon. I always use two when shooting... are you allowed to use both hands as you would in a normal situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
              I noticed in the pictures that the people showing the hand steadiness test are only using one hand to hold their weapon. I always use two when shooting... are you allowed to use both hands as you would in a normal situation?
              You only use one, your dominant arm. It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm sure when they teach you how to shoot in the academy it's required that you use two hands to hold your firearm.

Comment

You only use one, your dominant arm. It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm sure when they teach you how to shoot in the academy it's required that you use two hands to hold your firearm.
                Anything to make it more difficult right, lol. Thanks for all your help

Comment

How big was the hole that you have to stay steady in?

Is anyone else going in for their physical ability test on the 2nd of Feb?
                  I will be there on the 2nd...what area are you applying for? I am going for the 9th district

Comment

I just realized I don't know how long they ask you to keep your hand steady for... I thought I had read five minutes somewhere but apparently not, lol. Can you enlighten me?

Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                    I will be there on the 2nd...what area are you applying for? I am going for the 9th district
                    I'm going for NYC. I wonder how many people will be at this thing.

Comment

• This link shows the entire physical agility test. Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                        http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml

As far as the hand bike it's the second one on the list you can click on the picture to make it bigger. If they follow the steps listed on the website the arm steadiness test is done next to last.
                        Hey Krull,

My rank is 42xx, so we are about 800 apart in rank ... I hope we get a shot at this job ... what's your feeling on that, do you think we have a decent chance ? I picked all of the downstate locations plus 4 J.D.'s upstate for location preferences ... hopefully that helps ... best of luck to you ...

Comment

• I have 2 questions about the Agility Test : 1) How many sit ups are required in the 1 minute allotted time ?
                          2) How long do you have to keep your hand steady for the steadiness test ?

Comment

I just realized I don't know how long they ask you to keep your hand steady for... I thought I had read five minutes somewhere but apparently not, lol. Can you enlighten me?

I'm going for NYC. I wonder how many people will be at this thing.

Arm-Hand Steadiness - 30 Seconds

Sit-Ups - Max amount in 1 minute - No one knows. As they will tell you before your take the test, all of your scores are put into a computer and a program figures it all out and determines if you pass or not.

There isn't a lot of space to take the test, so I would imagine it would be like last time, only about 50 people. It took about 4-5 hours, with 1-2 hours of that being paperwork and listening.

Comment

• Army standards (age 27-31) are 2 minutes and with a minimum passing score of 60 which is just 45 sit-ups in 2 minutes. Even if it is 33% more for the shorter duration, doing 1 sit-up per second or 60 in 1 minute should suffice.

I would assume that the courts are not as stringent as the military, however using the military as a guide is what I am doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
                                Army standards (age 27-31) are 2 minutes and with a minimum passing score of 60 which is just 45 sit-ups in 2 minutes. Even if it is 33% more for the shorter duration, doing 1 sit-up per second or 60 in 1 minute should suffice.

I would assume that the courts are not as stringent as the military, however using the military as a guide is what I am doing.
                                If I have to do 60 in one minute I'm screwed, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 188 members and 4502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X