Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to bring anything with you to the Physical Ability Exam? I got a paper the day of the pre-screening medical which, if I'm reading correctly, says you need to bring with you your birth certificate, HS diploma, license, ss card, and a few other things.

Also, I am taking the Physical Ability Exam tomorrow. Whom do you contact to see if, due to the weather, it's going to be rescheduled?
    Last edited by Kannons610; 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• can someone give me more details abt the agility test ..im really getting nervous now since people is re takening it

Comment

• I heard tonight that governor Cuomo plans to lay off 10,000 NYS workers. I am not sure if this will affect the next court officer academy.

Comment

• Cuomo Considers Layoffs Of At Least 10,000 State Workers

By: Erin Billups

At least 10,000 state workers could be facing the ax under a budget plan being considered by Governor Andrew Cuomo.

Sources tell NY1 that Cuomo’s budget, which will be released early next month, could include layoffs as part of his blueprint to bridge the state’s budget gap, which is more than $9 billion.

When asked about potential layoffs today, the governor cautioned that the state is in a dire financial situation.

"We’re going to have to make corrections,” said Cuomo. “We shouldn't have been doing this for years, by the way. We’ve been spending too much money for years. But it has to stop now, and there is going to be no doubt a period of short-term pain as we make these adjustments."

Cuomo is also expected to make large cuts to the Medicaid program and reduce education spending.

The layoffs would be the largest cuts made to the state’s workforce in decades and would represent a cut of about five percent of the roughly 200,000 people who work for the state.

The state’s public employee unions say a cut of that size would cripple the delivery of essential services and have a chilling effect on the state’s economy.

Both the Public Employees Federation and the Civil Service Employees Association say they’ve tried to initiate talks with the governor’s office to address his concerns, but to no avail.

Labor leaders say they're frustrated to find out secondhand of the governor's downsizing plans.

"We certainly would like to know a whole lot more about what the governor has in mind here and we think it would have been much more constructive if there had been some sort of dialogue about this before it gets leaked to the press," said CSEA Spokesman Stephen Madarasz.

As the governor deals with pushback from the unions he’s also getting it from members of his own party in the State Assembly, who argue a $10 billion deficit can’t be closed completely by cuts.

"I suspect we’re not going to be able to meet our goals. Somewhere along the line there’s going to have to be a compromise," said Assemblyman Jack McEneny.

During a breakfast meeting Wednesday with Cuomo, several Assembly Democrats made it clear they think it’s necessary to extend a tax on the wealthy past its December expiration. But lawmakers say the governor has taken the stance that it’s either his way or the highway.

"I don’t’ support new taxes. That’s my position," Cuomo said. "Some of them do support new taxes and that’s a difference of opinion."

One Assembly member present at the Wednesday breakfast says the governor is also pushing them to quickly pass his ethics plan that would require complete disclosure of legislators outside income, saying it would “look good” if they got this done soon.
          Last edited by Cravan; 01-20-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
            Do you have to bring anything with you to the Physical Ability Exam? I got a paper the day of the pre-screening medical which, if I'm reading correctly, says you need to bring with you your birth certificate, HS diploma, license, ss card, and a few other things.

Also, I am taking the Physical Ability Exam tomorrow. Whom do you contact to see if, due to the weather, it's going to be rescheduled?

I also have the physical ability tomorrow. I got the same pre med sheet you did that said to bring all that. When I was scheduled for the physical ability they told me just to bring the appointment sheet and ID. So I called and they said that sheet was a mistake, you will need all that when you eventually meet with your investigator.
            Last edited by isler45; 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
              Cuomo Considers Layoffs Of At Least 10,000 State Workers

At least 10,000 state workers could be facing the ax under a budget plan being considered by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
              When asked about potential layoffs today, the governor cautioned that the state is in a dire financial situation.

Cuomo is also expected to make large cuts to the Medicaid program and reduce education spending.

"I don’t’ support new taxes. That’s my position," Cuomo said. "Some of them do support new taxes and that’s a difference of opinion."
              So laying off 10,000 people (who will be collecting state UE with extensions), cutting Medicaid and education is moving the state in the right direction? All while he is unwilling to increase taxes on wealthy. Totally amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                So laying off 10,000 people (who will be collecting state UE with extensions), cutting Medicaid and education is moving the state in the right direction? All while he is unwilling to increase taxes on wealthy. Totally amazing.
                I can't believe I voted for Cuomo. I will not make that mistake twice.

Comment

• There are any number of other states that would love to have NY's "wealthy" move in. I believe statistics show that the top 5% of wage earners in NYS pay better than 50% of the State income taxes collected. These people also have the means to leave the State. Keep taxing them and you will drive them out of NY. watch your income tax go up then. Why does every democrat sponsored tax plan count $250,000 income as wealthy? Medicaid should be cut to the bone. It should be only used as a safety-net, not for anything that even resembles an elective procedure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                    I can't believe I voted for Cuomo. I will not make that mistake twice.
                    I believe he was the better of the options but I just don't understand how putting more people on the street is better for the state.
                    But hopefully whatever happens it doesn't negatively affect the OCA and whomever is patiently waiting to become a CO has their dream come true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      There are any number of other states that would love to have NY's "wealthy" move in. I believe statistics show that the top 5% of wage earners in NYS pay better than 50% of the State income taxes collected. These people also have the means to leave the State. Keep taxing them and you will drive them out of NY. watch your income tax go up then. Why does every democrat sponsored tax plan count $250,000 income as wealthy? Medicaid should be cut to the bone. It should be only used as a safety-net, not for anything that even resembles an elective procedure.
                      Everyone has their views on how things should be run and I respect that, but I just have a hard time accepting massive layoffs. We need people to spend more money and not collect more UE insurance checks.

Comment

• sorry ive been busy.. ill see what i can find out today...
                        "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

• is this exam #45-758..? the only thing i received was my score can someone shed some light on this ?
                          Exam: 8332 6/09

GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12

R.I.P BROTHER
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

Comment

• Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                            is this exam #45-758..? the only thing i received was my score can someone shed some light on this ?
                            This forum is for exam 45-722 which was given in 2005 & exam 45-758.

What is your exam score? OCA is currently processing people with a score of 91 and above for exam 45-758.
                            Last edited by Cravan; 01-21-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhelmet View Post
                              sorry ive been busy.. ill see what i can find out today...
                              Thanks Darkhelmet.

Comment

• Originally posted by apple718 View Post
                                is this exam #45-758..? the only thing i received was my score can someone shed some light on this ?
                                Yeah, I believe a lot of us on here took #45-758. If you go to this site it'll show you what they've canvassed for so far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8174 users online. 450 members and 7724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X