Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nycourt
    replied
    What’s up everyone ! Does anyone happen to know what rank they are up to regarding NYC and upstate. I see on the website they are up to a score of 70 for upstate but does that mean that people with a high rank score in the 70s are being appointed the job or are they just being able to go through the process?

Leave a comment:

• SteveNY314
    replied
    Hey what’s up everyone .. been following this thread since I got the letter for my physical back in April it’s been really informative to read all the experiences .. my own process is kinda at a standstill if feels like with my background check. It started in August and I’ve checked in periodically with my investigator the last I heard from my investigator he would be finishing my file “in the near future” that was October 1st and that he’d reach out if needed. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or advice on what to do or what i should be thinking besides staying in shape and out of trouble .. thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• BigSpritz
    commented on 's reply
    From what I heard recently there is going to be a large class scheduled for Brooklyn academy in January, the first class was 240 in Brooklyn. They are trying to squeeze in more than that, no definite number but I heard in the ball park of 260-280. There’s a chance you could be in it so don’t give up hope, with that being said start or continue to do push-ups/mountain climbers/sit-ups/ and run to stay in shape. Don’t want to be targeted at the beginning of the academy if you can’t hang with the rest of the class during PT. Good luck.

• Mm2005
    commented on 's reply
    Does anybody have any pointers on how to do well on the memory portion? I'm really worried about that part. Or is there anything I can do to improve my memory, like doing practice exams or apps that help to stimulate my brain? I know, it seems silly. But i really want to do well on this test.

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    It is possible. And can only guess at this point on how many classes will go from this list, I would say at least 2 and as many as 4.

• AMP519
    replied
    Hey.
    For those of us currently going through investigation, is it possible for us to be in January Academy?
    If not, is there typically 2 Academy sessions per year? Basically if not in January, will we be expired. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mm2005
    replied
    Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
    might be a bit faster this time , test is taken on screen , no paper booklets to process
    I'm honestly really nervous about it being on the computer. I feel like it would be harder. At least you could physically cross out the wrong answers when the tests were on paper. For me it's just easier being able to physically cross them out. I know everyone is different. So, I'm a little worried about that. Especially since the memory and chart portions get me worked up the most.

The last test I took, for a different position, was done on computer as well. I don't know how I did on it yet. But it was a little nerve wracking.

I got the test booklets to practice so I can get a good score. But now I'm worried that it's not gonna help much.

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    From my understanding how LEO civil service exams work (or whatever), they purposely postpone releasing the list scores to continue processing higher list numbers from the previous exam. For instance the 2018 NCPD was on iPads but even so, the list number wasn't given out until a year later.

I can't see NYS releasing the list scores anything shorter than 6 months (which would be October 2020)
    Last edited by LukeSW; 11-16-2019, 11:44 AM.

• Holcroft
    commented on 's reply
    might be a bit faster this time , test is taken on screen , no paper booklets to process

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    It took 11 months for th 2014 exam results to come out, which should mean the April - June 2020 exam results would come out around March 2021 (AKA when the 2014 exam is officially expired)

• Holcroft
    replied
    Announcement for new test is out...

Leave a comment:

• unblindeacon
    replied
    Like with everything on this job...it all depends. Are you transferring from upstate or 9th JD to NYC? Commands within NYC, or NYC to Long Island? What union are you in? Are you in the SCOA AND working in a COA command? What is your current command? Are you a good officer or a
    bomb? I work with officers who spent 2-3 years upstate and then transferred to NYC. Nassau county for years wouldn’t take transfers and then recently they took a bunch of transfers. I’ve seen many officers transfer from Manhattan and the Bronx to Queens. There is no hard and fast rule except that it takes time and you will have to spend at least a year in your first command.
    Seniority helps but it’s no guarantee and no you won’t necessarily get preference over a new recruit. You will have to interview for a transfer.

Leave a comment:

• L33
    replied
    You can go on the transfer list after being in your command for one year. It's an interview process, and it can be difficult to get a desired district. Transfers occur when classes graduate. Hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Jay9090
    replied
    Hello all. Ive been looking into information on how transfers work for court officers for reasons such as wanting to be closer to home. I found a thread on another site that stated some officers have waited over 10 years for a transfer, and that some are still waiting and have more than the 10 years mentioned above.

-Are there officers waiting that long for a transfer?

-Who decides if and when you can transfer?

-Does seniority count for transfers when going up against a new recruits coming out of the academy that have chosen the district you want?

Thank you all for any insight.

Leave a comment:

• Travis64
    replied
    Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
    You can check online to see which Social security offices are limited service locations. You want to stay away from those and go to a FULL SERVICE one. When you get to the window let them know that you need the printout and if they deny you either let them know it's for a Law Enforcement Position and you need to get it now because the academy is starting before the mail will get to you in 4 to 6 or 8 weeks and you will miss it if you don't get the document immediately or ask for the supervisor and tell him or her why you need it. They are not new to this and know that LE jobs require this from all candidates and they will give it to you right there. If not they will mail it to you and with the holiday season around the corner you might not be so jolly this year as a lot of mail gets lost. I have done this multiple times.
    If you are close to troy ny i would go to that one,they didn’t charge me.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4346 users online. 258 members and 4088 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X