300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
    Curious...is a situation like that eligible for unemployment in NY?
    I am not sure. I will have to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
      I am not sure. I will have to find out.
      I suggest calling nys department of laber and see if your eligeable for unemployment insurance. Technically you are unemployed and you cannot work. you should be entitiled even hough you resigned you left for another job that you have proof of and now your unemployed. its not much but it may help. If anyone is looking for a job in security I have a connection to get people in airline security. problem is to invest in a license may not be worth it for short time. pay isnt that great but is a job. also not soliciting just trying to help fellow soon to be court officers
      Last edited by angelo3456; 01-14-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
        I suggest calling nys department of laber and see if your eligeable for unemployment insurance. Technically you are unemployed and you cannot work. you should be entitiled even hough you resigned you left for another job that you have proof of and now your unemployed. its not much but it may help. If anyone is looking for a job in security I have a connection to get people in airline security. problem is to invest in a license may not be worth it for short time. pay isnt that great but is a job. also not soliciting just trying to help fellow soon to be court officers

Is this for work in airports that contract out instead of using the TSA? Or is this for private airlines? PM if you can.

Comment

• We provide security in nyc for international airline. TSA handles the entrances to secure area only. Privaty company acutally handle the the aviation security. inbound a.c searches of the plane, securing the ramp and cargo, cargo screening ect. this is only in NYC only. we work out of jfk and newark only.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
            We provide security in nyc for international airline. TSA handles the entrances to secure area only. Privaty company acutally handle the the aviation security. inbound a.c searches of the plane, securing the ramp and cargo, cargo screening ect. this is only in NYC only. we work out of jfk and newark only.
            Could you PM me more info when you have a chance? Salary, training, etc etc...whatever you have.
            Thank you!

Comment

• Interesting article about the NYS budget:
              http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/...k_state_budget

Possibly relevant to when the next CO class starts:
              1. Gov. Cuomo will present his proposed budget to the state legislature by Feb. 1, 2011

2. New York's state legislature passed the $135.5 billion state budget for FY2011 on August 3, 2010, 125 days late.[1] The state's fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 30, but the New York State Legislature failed to pass a budget for FY2011 prior to the end of FY2010.[2] The state has met its budget deadline only six times since 1975.

3. Size of the State Work Force The New York Times reported that the state has two separate public payrolls, one controlled by the governor, with approximately 131,000 employees, and another encompassing approximately 163,000 more workers that is not under control of the governor and consists of independent public authorities and agencies. The independent public authorities receive their revenue from the dedicated sources they are created to oversee and not directly on taxpayer dollars, but their employees do collect state benefits like public pensions. While the payroll under the governor's control has declined 25% over the past 20 years, the independent agency payroll has grown.

4. Changes Over 20 Years:

In 20 years, the state budget has grown from to $48.9 billion to a projected $136.5 billion.

The State University of New York has grown by 14 percent over the last two decades, and the workforce of the state judiciary has increased by 31.6 over that period.[35]
              Last edited by CivilServant14; 01-16-2011, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Interesting article about the NYS budget:
                http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/...k_state_budget

Possibly relevant to when the next CO class starts:
                1. Gov. Cuomo will present his proposed budget to the state legislature by Feb. 1, 2011

2. New York's state legislature passed the $135.5 billion state budget for FY2011 on August 3, 2010, 125 days late.[1] The state's fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 30, but the New York State Legislature failed to pass a budget for FY2011 prior to the end of FY2010.[2] The state has met its budget deadline only six times since 1975.

3. Size of the State Work Force The New York Times reported that the state has two separate public payrolls, one controlled by the governor, with approximately 131,000 employees, and another encompassing approximately 163,000 more workers that is not under control of the governor and consists of independent public authorities and agencies. The independent public authorities receive their revenue from the dedicated sources they are created to oversee and not directly on taxpayer dollars, but their employees do collect state benefits like public pensions. While the payroll under the governor's control has declined 25% over the past 20 years, the independent agency payroll has grown.

4. Changes Over 20 Years:

In 20 years, the state budget has grown from to $48.9 billion to a projected $136.5 billion.

The State University of New York has grown by 14 percent over the last two decades, and the workforce of the state judiciary has increased by 31.6 over that period.[35]
                Hey,

Thanks for posting that article. It is very informative. My opinion is that a NYS court officer class will be rescheduled by April 2011. The courts are very short on security staff. The recent tragedy in Arizona has opened America's eyes even more about the need for security. There are too many tragic incidents going on in America to jeopardize people's safety. It seems like almost every time I turn on the television some act of violence has been committed. According to an article I read, there is a 40% rise in law enforcement killings. The OCA has to act fast and reschedule a class ASAP because criminals are really getting out of control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Hey,

Thanks for posting that article. It is very informative. My opinion is that a NYS court officer class will be rescheduled by April 2011. The courts are very short on security staff. The recent tragedy in Arizona has opened America's eyes even more about the need for security. There are too many tragic incidents going on in America to jeopardize people's safety. It seems like almost every time I turn on the television some act of violence has been committed. According to an article I read, there is a 40% rise in law enforcement killings. The OCA has to act fast and reschedule a class ASAP because criminals are really getting out of control.
                  Hope you're right as your reasoning is definitely logical. Unfortunately the governments along with private corps give more weight to the bottom line and less value to what's best for the entity and its people.

Comment

• I tooh the 9th District and I just got my physical apt. and a backround pamphlet to complete so I guess I will be meeting with my BI tat day also.

Comment

• Anyone that took the agility already can you tell me what to expect...was it hard for u

Comment

• Originally posted by kia825 View Post
                        Anyone that took the agility already can you tell me what to expect...was it hard for u
                        Hey,

My advice to you is practice all required agility exercises/activities before the exam. The agility test was very demanding to me but I passed. Their agility test is much more rigorous than the NYPD. You will pass the test if you are determined and in shape.

Comment

Hope you're right as your reasoning is definitely logical. Unfortunately the governments along with private corps give more weight to the bottom line and less value to what's best for the entity and its people.
                          Very true my friend but judges are going to make sure that they are safe. The people who are in control of the judicial budget are judges.

Comment

• May be getting ahead of myself but I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of running is involved at the Academy ? Is there a set distance that we have to run everyday in a particular time ? Thanks.

Comment

• I havent been to the academy yet but i read somewhere that its 2 miles under 10 minutes witch is relatively easy if on level ground. Currently I train for 3 miles under 8 per mile just to be safe on level gound. on incline ground i do same distance with goal of under 9 per mile. the incline is the most challenging as there is not that much incline in nyc. it cant be as damanding as the military. When i was in the army it was 5 miles totals but they only counted the first 3 miles and it needed to be under 10.30 per mile. Since its law enforcment it should be more time per mile. That was 10 year ago when i was 18

Comment

• The run is relatively easy so don't stress about it. What's really annoying is that the academy operates under a shroud of secrecy and refuses to tell you what numbers you need to pass. You'll definitely make it if you try, but you'll never know what you need to do until after you've already done it (and even then they won't tell you. you have to figure it out.)

For those of you who are wondering, you'll never run more than 1 1/2 miles and the actual test is only one mile. That was almost 3 years ago in the Cohoes academy, so maybe it's changed since then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7641 users online. 379 members and 7262 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X