Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was back at Hanson today to weigh in again, since I was over the first time. I came in under. Full Medical, here I come. They did not give me a date right there, I should be receiving a letter next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
      So I was back at Hanson today to weigh in again, since I was over the first time. I came in under. Full Medical, here I come. They did not give me a date right there, I should be receiving a letter next week.
      Congrats!!!

Comment

So I was back at Hanson today to weigh in again, since I was over the first time. I came in under. Full Medical, here I come. They did not give me a date right there, I should be receiving a letter next week.
        Nice job!!

Has anyone had the full medical since the "postponement" of the last class ? Just wondering if they were still scheduling agility tests after you pass that.

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
          Nice job!!

Has anyone had the full medical since the "postponement" of the last class ? Just wondering if they were still scheduling agility tests after you pass that.
          I had the full medical yesterday, most people were scheduled for Jan 28th, the rest were for Feb 8th.
          NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
          Rank# Under 2000
          Canvassed: NYC
          Pre-Medical: Passed
          Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
          Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Any news on when the next academy would be held?

Comment

• havent heard anything yet. i heard there waiting on the budget. city budget comes out in march i guess the state should be the same

Comment

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
                havent heard anything yet. i heard there waiting on the budget. city budget comes out in march i guess the state should be the same
                Okay. Thanks for the information Angelo. I really want this job. All of us who were supposed to get into the academy on Jan 6, 2011 should get the job. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Last edited by Seino331; 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Congrats on getting under the weight ! How much did you have to lose ? And good luck to everyone doing the agility test ... let us know how that goes ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                      Congrats on getting under the weight ! How much did you have to lose ? And good luck to everyone doing the agility test ... let us know how that goes ...
                      Thanks! I had to lose 14, I lost 17. I was so nervous that I wouldn't make it. I want this job badly. Good luck to those taking the agility tomorrow!

Comment

• Any update from those canvassed for NYC that took either Suffolk or 9th district canvass letters?
                        Have you received further word from OCA?
                        NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
                        Rank# Under 2000
                        Canvassed: NYC
                        Pre-Medical: Passed
                        Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
                        Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• We will all get there just a little later than we thought. I think i works out a Little better for us, it saves us a few weeks of running in the freezing cold, and snow. Hopefully well start the class end of winter so we wont have to endure this cold, i mean i have been training in this cold anyway but i takes more out of you with this weather. I run a mile in 8 minutes in the warm and in the cold it take me 9.25 to run the same mile sometimes. the lungs don't take the cold air as good as that crisp warm air. But stay positive and well all meet in the next class and look back at this and laugh. (even though i know many people were unable to get there old jobs back and are unemployed). but i learned my lesson, i will not sign my resignation letter until i swear into the academy. So this doesn't happen again

Comment

• Hey Angelo I'm happy to hear that you got your old job back, I'm one of the unlucky one who can't get my old job. My employer said to my union president when they try to help me get my job back was "why would I hire someone back who I know is going to leave us again anyway plus I could fill his position with half of his salary, half of his vacation time and who I know wants to stay with us." That was the exact words my employer said to my union. I can't believe I gave them more than 13 years of my life. I just hope that OCA figure out their budget and reschedule the next Academy as soon as possible. To my fellow supposed to be January 6 Academy candidate, please post it here if you hear anything about the next academy. And to those people doing their physical agility test, good luck!
                            Last edited by jontot; 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM.
                            Exam 2005/ 45-722
                            Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                            Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
                              Hey Angelo I'm happy to hear that you got your old job back, I'm one of the unlucky one who can't get my old job. My employer said to my union president when they try to help me get my job back was "why would I hire someone back who I know is going to leave us again anyway plus I could fill his position with half of his salary, half of his vacation time and who I know wants to stay with us." That was the exact words my employer said to my union. I can't believe I gave them more than 13 years of my life. I just hope that OCA figure out their budget and reschedule the next Academy as soon as possible. To my fellow supposed to be January 6 Academy candidate, please post it here if you hear anything about the next academy. And to those people doing their physical agility test, good luck!
                              I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to get your job back. I am also unemployed because of the postponement of the Jan 6 academy. I hope OCA has a next academy very soon because I am living off my savings. We just have to stay positive. Good luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to get your job back. I am also unemployed because of the postponement of the Jan 6 academy. I hope OCA has a next academy very soon because I am living off my savings. We just have to stay positive. Good luck!!!
                                Curious...is a situation like that eligible for unemployment in NY?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4905 users online. 240 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X