300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LAWSON09 View Post
    Guys, I know this is regarding to the courts but NYC correction always advise their new recruits "Do not quit your job until we sworn in first day at the academy". I believe we have to seriously consider their advise. I know is not fair for our current employers with no two week notices but that's the only way to protect ourselves in the future when we get call for the courts.
    Hey,

I was not going to quit my job until I was sworn in but I did not want to leave my job on bad terms. I should of followed my gut.

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
      Thanks for sharing the article as Cravan said, It also give me some hope that the academy will be reschedule maybe sooner than I thought. I'm still in shock and can't believe I'm unemployed for the first time in my adult life. For all the people here affected by the abrupt decisions of the OCA to postponed the class yesterday, I wish everyone good luck, stay strong and stay fit as we might do another post - academy medical exam. We don't want to be dq because we gained weight.
      Hey,

We are going to get called back for a class soon. We just have to remain positive and stay out of trouble.

Comment

• I have to say that all of you guys are showing a great attitude ... way to stay strong ... I have learned that I will not quit or give my 2 weeks notice when it is my time ... really wish you guys the best of luck and hope they start this next class soon ....
        Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 01-10-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
          I have to say that all of you guys are showing a great attitude ... way to stay strong ... I have learned that I will not quit or give mt 2 weeks notice when it is my time ... really wish you guys the best of luck and hope they start this next class soon ....
          Thanks Monkeyboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelo3456 View Post
            I still am in shock that they cancelled the class that was supposed to start today. I as many of you have left my job since i was starting OCA in 2 days. Just need to vent cause that is so unfair. And to have to suck up my pride and ask for my job back it not fun. Not to mention have to tell my employer yea im would like to come back for a few month only to the next class opens back up doesnt seem like they would want someone who not gonna be a team player and go. Just really upset now. And then if the next class passes 3 months we must retake the pre medical again. i have been in the process since 05 when i took the pre medical and it is the slowest process in the world. Funny part is i also took the test in 09 also and just go a canvas letter for the second test and i still pending the academy for the first test i took.
            Angelo its wurth the wait the court officer job is really good do whatsever they asks because its a job is one of the bests they have a good union and have good hours and desent pay my wife was a court officer but quit when we had baby and she's regrete it now

Comment

• Originally posted by 25178 View Post
              Angelo its wurth the wait the court officer job is really good do whatsever they asks because its a job is one of the bests they have a good union and have good hours and desent pay my wife was a court officer but quit when we had baby and she's regrete it now
              Thank 25178 i have gotten my old job back, start monday, had to take last week with with out pay, I did explain this was temporay they said it was fine. they were actualy happy since i am a manger i only gave 2 weks notice i couldnt train anyone. this will give me the oppurtunity to train someone. Just didnt want to go back this route its a pride thing. but ohh well im here and just have to wait alittle longer. Hope hall the other were as lucky as me .

Comment

• I feel really bad for you guys but I'm happy to see everyone is staying positive. I have no doubt that that you all will be hired in the not so distant future (there are shortages all over NYC including my command)...use this time to practice your pushups, situps, & mountain climbers. I can honestly say that NYS court officer is arguably the BEST job in LE...despite it being a contract year that will undoubtedly include a wage freeze the job still has a lot of upside and a lot of ways we can grow...hang on a little longer...trust me THE JOB IS WORTH IT & I can only hope I feel that way 1,5,10,15 etc. years from now..(to the malcontents: yea Im drinking the Kool Aid & STILL loving it lol)....good luck everyone you'll make it!
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  I feel really bad for you guys but I'm happy to see everyone is staying positive. I have no doubt that that you all will be hired in the not so distant future (there are shortages all over NYC including my command)...use this time to practice your pushups, situps, & mountain climbers. I can honestly say that NYS court officer is arguably the BEST job in LE...despite it being a contract year that will undoubtedly include a wage freeze the job still has a lot of upside and a lot of ways we can grow...hang on a little longer...trust me THE JOB IS WORTH IT & I can only hope I feel that way 1,5,10,15 etc. years from now..(to the malcontents: yea Im drinking the Kool Aid & STILL loving it lol)....good luck everyone you'll make it!
                  Hey,

Thank you very much for the positivity. We definitely need it. Every court officer I speak with says the same thing, that their commands are short.

By any chance, do you know when the OCA will get a new 2011 budget?

Comment

• April 1st would be my best guess
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                      April 1st would be my best guess
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Any recent court officer graduates shed some light on the academy. What is the basic work out routine daily. Is it 2 mile run daily, 100 pushups sitsups and mountain climbers. Just curious so i can have the appropriat training workout daily. I know you must walk up and down 12 flight daily. No elevator except the morning anything else that can help the training

Comment

Last edited by Seino331; 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Friday 1-14-11 is the day I have for my agility test, in nyc...
                            NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                            Got the call @ 1330
                            To God be the glory....

Comment

• Originally posted by pts1223 View Post
                              Friday 1-14-11 is the day I have for my agility test, in nyc...
                              pts1223,

Please let me know how it goes, especially any info about the sit-ups, arm-hand steadiness, and step test. I have to go next Friday, the 21st. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                                pts1223,

Please let me know how it goes, especially any info about the sit-ups, arm-hand steadiness, and step test. I have to go next Friday, the 21st. Thanks.
                                Hey,

My advice to you is practice all required agility exercises/activities before the exam. The agility test was very demanding to me but I passed. Their agility test is much more rigorous than the NYPD. You will pass the test if you are determined and in shape.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9411 users online. 493 members and 8918 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X