• Show
Clear All

• ZenR11
    commented on 's reply
    I ordered these...

https://www.amazon.com/Areke-Athleti...103&th=1&psc=1

• Amc2191
    replied
    Was just told I have to attend the medical on the 21st. Hopefully we can get into the January academy. My whole process has been done in two months so it seems like they’re trying to get us ready for January.

Leave a comment:

• kcole26
    replied
    Can anyone recommend or post a link for mid calf crew socks that are all white (everything seems to have a brand name under the toes, or a stitching of a non white color.

Leave a comment:

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    Could be around Christmas or you could receive as little as a week's notice we were told(four of us were in the room at the time).Basically recommended we started getting stuff for the academy as well as trying to get our immunization records as well

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    Virgil_Tibbs at your medical did anyone mention when you would know for sure you made the academy? I know it’s conditional on blood and urine. Just wondering in regards to current employment and giving notice.

• Joey1995
    replied
    Make sure everyone brings ALL of the equipment that they tell you to bring. Read everything carefully and dont try to get away with something slightly different.

Leave a comment:

• ZenR11
    commented on 's reply
    Oh ok cool! Thanks

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    I ordered straight from Russel Athletic, it was reasonably priced and I got 15% off by signing up with them on the site. However the knee and elbow pads I did order from Amazon as well as the sneakers.

• ZenR11
    replied
    Has anyone purchased the PT apparel from Amazon? Or did you just order directly from the site they provided?

Leave a comment:

• NYranger
    commented on 's reply
    At the earliest it wont be until 2021 when they start calling from the new exam. There wont be another academy class for a whole year? I feel like there is a good chance for atleast one more academy after Jan 6 class.

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah not sure about the bag.. I’m thinking duffel bag, black or navy, but nothing was specified.

• ZenR11
    commented on 's reply
    Oh wow, they told you this January class may be the last class for NYC? Fingers crossed for approval on Tuesday. I’m in the same boat as Rockaway

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    I hear ya. Wish I was as confident of our chances lol. I'll pay for the extra shipping on the clothing apparel if its late notice. Everything else on the list is pretty easy to get. I assume we need a duffle bag or bookbag? Doesn't say where we're putting all this stuff lol

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    I figured it would only be a weeks notice, I go for my medical next Saturday as long as I get approved by the board on Tuesday. I ordered the equipment for the academy just in case all goes thru, figured I’ll return everything if I don’t get approved.

• Virgil_Tibbs
    replied
    Medical went well on Saturday...I got there very early, didn't really help still was one of the last few to leave lol..Was about 8 of us...was told this will likely be the last class for this list. Once they are done pulling people who applied to work in NYC they will look in the 9th/10th districts and any remaining spots they will call people by rank...so guess all can do is to keep my fingers crossed. Could be as little as a weeks notice for the academy.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3432 users online. 222 members and 3210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X