300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the trainee website:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 are currently being canvassed for NYC through rank 2648/Grade 91.7
    http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by path5 View Post
      That's been posted since Oct/Nov of 2010, before the new administration traipsed into Albany.
      Last edited by CivilServant14; 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
        I had my full medical on 12/28. You pee in a cup and are alone in a bathroom with the door closed. You aren't allowed to wash your hands or flush. They also check the temperature to make sure it came out of your body at that moment. This was in NYC, not Cohoes.
        Thanks for the info I'm in NYC as well

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
          Someone is in the room with you. You are behind a curtain.
          Where was your medical up in Cohoes?

Comment

• Brooklyn. Hansen street

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
              Does anyone know how many were supposed to go in to the Jan 6 class? I am wondering (and hoping) that it was going to be a small class and maybe they are just delaying until they process enough from the new test and can put through 1 larger academy as opposed to a small one and then another one later.
              According to OCA there were supposed to be about 75 trainees for the Jan 6 academy. I received an email from OCA today stating that the class was indefinitely postponed because of recent fiscal uncertainties in New York State Government.

OCA also wrote, be advised that as soon as State budget issues are resolved and they are able to reschedule the class, I would be considered an active candidate for appointment provided that I continue to meet eligibility requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                I am thinking it has to do with the new governor. He wants pay cuts for state employees and it's too much of a coincidence. To go through all that trouble of readying candidates and then cancel 3 days prior.... Has anyone contacted the OCA for further explanation?
                I will contact OCA tomorrow to try and get some more information. At this time, OCA is also in shock about the postponement of the Jan 6 class.

I haven't been without a job for years. I will have to start looking for another job asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                  Someone is in the room with you. You are behind a curtain.
                  I got the opposite answer from Kannons so hope you're not posting false info dude.. I also heard the full med is in manhattan not Hanson place
                  Last edited by Knick1; 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• I took the pre med and the full med at Hanson place in Brooklyn. I took the full med this Tuesday and they did not close the door while I was doing the urine sample. They had a curtain set up inside the bathroom. It seemed like they were kind of rushing through things a bit. Maybe it is a little different if you get it done in Manhattan.

Comment

• Knick1,

My full medical was done in lower Manhattan near Wall Street. It was the Tuesday after the snow storm and things were very empty there so the process might have been different. They were short staffed and there were very few of us there. It only took about 2 1/2 hours.

Comment

• When I went the head nurse mentioned they had about 80 people to do that day. I was one of the first 10 for the day and it took me about 3 hours. A big part of that time was having to go to a radiology place to get my chest xray. For some reason it is not done on site at the Hanson place location. I guess things can vary a lot depending on location and the amount of people scheduled that day. I am scheduled for the physical test at the end of the month now. That is located in lower Manhattan.
                        Last edited by isler45; 01-05-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• They require a chest xray? wow

Comment

• Governor Cuomo Details Austerity Measures in State of State Speech
                            Last edited by britta; 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                              The Unified Court System is more protected in terms of layoffs than the Executive and legislative brances. The Chief Administrative Judge is the head honcho in terms of stuff like that. Also, being that the Judges havent had a raise in ten years I dont think they will be siding with the Prince of Darkness.. errr. i mean Cuomo.
                              "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

• I still am in shock that they cancelled the class that was supposed to start today. I as many of you have left my job since i was starting OCA in 2 days. Just need to vent cause that is so unfair. And to have to suck up my pride and ask for my job back it not fun. Not to mention have to tell my employer yea im would like to come back for a few month only to the next class opens back up doesnt seem like they would want someone who not gonna be a team player and go. Just really upset now. And then if the next class passes 3 months we must retake the pre medical again. i have been in the process since 05 when i took the pre medical and it is the slowest process in the world. Funny part is i also took the test in 09 also and just go a canvas letter for the second test and i still pending the academy for the first test i took.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10132 users online. 480 members and 9652 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X