Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was supposed to have my full medical today and it got canceled due to the storm. I tried calling the processing unit but got no answer. Anybody know what they're gonna do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbon View Post
      I was supposed to have my full medical today and it got canceled due to the storm. I tried calling the processing unit but got no answer. Anybody know what they're gonna do?
      Aww man that sucks but they will def re-schedule it. How did u find out it was cancelled? And u most likely didn't get a response bc of the storm I'd keep trying tomorrow and the next day ( give everyone a chance to recover u know)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
        Aww man that sucks but they will def re-schedule it. How did u find out it was cancelled? And u most likely didn't get a response bc of the storm I'd keep trying tomorrow and the next day ( give everyone a chance to recover u know)

I called the place the morning of the appointment and luckily there was someone there just answering phones to say it was canceled. Otherwise I would have made the trip. I tried calling processing again all day today and still no answer. I left messages and emails. I just hope this doesn't push me back because I'm hoping to get in to the first class.

Comment

• Originally posted by pts1223 View Post
          Full medical completed today, next step will be the physical on Jan 14! I also have to say that its moving fast which is always a good thing.
          Was there as long of a wait (or longer for that matter) for this as there was for the pre-med? Just kind of curious as to how long the process takes and how many people they are testing at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
            No not during the holidays. My doc is on vacation, and all others dont have a history of the specific cholesteatoma I have, which is basically chronic. I've had bad experiences with other docs, being given the wrong antibiotics that made my ear worse. I actually have an appt the day AFTER the med (earliest I could get), so it will be looked after, but I've had more hearing tests than fingers, and I know my hearing is not compromised by this. Also, this is very personal for me. My father and siblings all work in LE, and I would hate to be sent home and have to reschedule the med. spent all of my career in corporate finance and being in LE is all I ever wanted to do.
            Hey man,

I wish you all the best. I've been in the social services field for over 10 years and I am finally getting out. I start the academy on Jan 6, 2011. Stay optimistic and never give up hope!!!

Comment

• Wow it's gotten quiet in this thread...Good luck to everyone starting the Court Officer Academy on Jan 6th

Comment

• Good Luck to all that are starting the academy. Don't forget about us that are still, any updates and incite is greatly appreciated.
                Last edited by Glock40; 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• I don't know what to say guys but I'm really ****ed Off! I'm one of the candidate starting on Jan. 6 Academy. I gave my employer for 14 years my 2 weeks notice and today was my last day as an NYU Public Safety Officer. Everyone congratulated me saying goodbyes, yada, yada. As soon as I got home right now I received a message from OCA that they are postponing the Academy indefinitely. I was like Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by jontot; 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM.
                  Exam 2005/ 45-722
                  Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                  Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Wow that stinks. Did they fill your position yet? Hopefully you can slide back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
                      I don't know what to say guys but I'm really ****ed Off! I'm one of the candidate starting on Jan. 6 Academy. I gave my employer for 14 years my 2 weeks notice and today was my last day as an NYU Public Safety Officer. Everyone congratulated me saying goodbyes, yada, yada. As soon as I got home right now I received a message from OCA that they are postponing the Academy indefinitely. I was like Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
                      Oh man that is awful. I have no words.

Comment

I don't know what to say guys but I'm really ****ed Off! I'm one of the candidate starting on Jan. 6 Academy. I gave my employer for 14 years my 2 weeks notice and today was my last day as an NYU Public Safety Officer. Everyone congratulated me saying goodbyes, yada, yada. As soon as I got home right now I received a message from OCA that they are postponing the Academy indefinitely. I was like Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
                        Wow man that is a really crappy thing for them to do...how could they only give you like 3 days notice? WTF ..best wishes and I hope they call you back and everything works out.

Comment

Is this one of our new governors moves?? I saw this coming....I feel for you and hope you can get your old job back.

This could be a bad sign for future academies as well.

Comment

• I wonder if this will also effect the processes people on the new list are going through? Will the processing be frozen as well?

Comment

I received the same phone call today. I am devastated. I resigned from my job this week and then the OCA told me the bad news. I am speechless and I can't go back to my old job.

Comment

• That is really awful. I'm sorry for whomever was scheduled to begin the academy and received that bad phone call. Was any other information given? I figured since so many court officers took the incentive and retired that the next few classes would be safe from being postponed/canceled.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8767 users online. 408 members and 8359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X