Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow a list in the 4,000 is great compared to my 13000 with a score of 81. I always do great on my civil service tests, but not this time. im not in a rush to get hired, so if NYC might canvass me in a couple of years I would love it. What JD would be willing to hire someone with that list #? and how can you change your preference of hire?
    “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
      I got a call today and will start the academy on Jan 6. It was a long wait but it's all worth it.
      Good Luck to everyone! My investigator and I did not expect that I will make it as my list no. is up in the low 4000 but here I am starting the academy on Jan.
      Congrats Jontot ! That was a long wait ... I'm ranked 42XX on the new list ... good luck in the Academy, and let us know how it goes ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        Congrats to both of you! Good luck in your new career!

Looking at both of your ranks and the rankings reached from the last exam, it looks like the numbers reached were only those canvassed. I think NYC reached 6,072 and both of you are around 4,000. Looks like my chances are slimmer in NYC since I'm in the mid 5,000 range, even with the increase in hiring. I may have to choose upstate NY.
        Thank you very much. My advice to you is stay positive and continue to take other exams. I didn't get in the NYPD academy in July 2010 and then OCA calls me in December 2010 for a court officer trainee position.

Keep your options open!!!

Comment

• All they did was blood, urine, and pre-med stuff? (Vision, Pressure & Height/Weight?

Originally posted by Seino331 View Post
          Had the second medical today , redid premedical stuff plus urine and blood. Everything went well and I have to go for the physical on January 13. Not too worried about that, looking forward to going through all the steps but its moving faster than I thought it would. Good luck to all trying to get on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seino331 View Post
            Had the second medical today , redid premedical stuff plus urine and blood. Everything went well and I have to go for the physical on January 13. Not too worried about that, looking forward to going through all the steps but its moving faster than I thought it would. Good luck to all trying to get on.

Comment

• Not at all that statement is misleading. They did X-ray, vision, breathing test, bp, height weight, hearing, blood, urine, and doctor exam

Comment

• Full medical completed today, next step will be the physical on Jan 14! I also have to say that its moving fast which is always a good thing.
                NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                Got the call @ 1330
                To God be the glory....

Comment

• Originally posted by pts1223 View Post
                  Full medical completed today, next step will be the physical on Jan 14! I also have to say that its moving fast which is always a good thing.
                  If you dont mind me asking...what was your score/rank? I did the full med and mini med in one visit but i went up to albany. waitin on my physical date. I was rank 14xx score 94...good to hear they are moving it along. What district are you going for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                    Not at all that statement is misleading. They did X-ray, vision, breathing test, bp, height weight, hearing, blood, urine, and doctor exam

Comment

• I'm a little nervous because I have an ear infection (which in no way affects my hearing, I've recently had a hearing test) but am having a hard time getting antibiotics because my doc is on vacation until after Jan 5th med. Can I be DQ'ed for an ear infection?

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                        If you dont mind me asking...what was your score/rank? I did the full med and mini med in one visit but i went up to albany. waitin on my physical date. I was rank 14xx score 94...good to hear they are moving it along. What district are you going for?
                        My score was 97 and my rank is 3xx and I am going for NYC I turned down Suffolk County>>>>
                        NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                        Got the call @ 1330
                        To God be the glory....

Comment

• I don't think the ear infection would cause problems at the medical, but I wouldn't wait that long to take care of that infection. Don't you have a doc-in-the-box in your neighborhood that you could go to?
                          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                            I don't think the ear infection would cause problems at the medical, but I wouldn't wait that long to take care of that infection. Don't you have a doc-in-the-box in your neighborhood that you could go to?
                            No not during the holidays. My doc is on vacation, and all others dont have a history of the specific cholesteatoma I have, which is basically chronic. I've had bad experiences with other docs, being given the wrong antibiotics that made my ear worse. I actually have an appt the day AFTER the med (earliest I could get), so it will be looked after, but I've had more hearing tests than fingers, and I know my hearing is not compromised by this. Also, this is very personal for me. My father and siblings all work in LE, and I would hate to be sent home and have to reschedule the med. spent all of my career in corporate finance and being in LE is all I ever wanted to do.

Comment

• Ok, good luck to you!
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Thanks!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6682 users online. 339 members and 6343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X