Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say you're out of your mind if you leave UPO for Court Officer.

Comment

• Hey guys, in the email for the pat it just says to prepare with running, pushups and situps. I've been reading pretty far back on this forum (2014/2015) and they had to do these along with a step test and pull-ups. Does anyone know if those are included in the current test? Thanks in advance for any info!!

Comment

• No step test or pull ups. Just sit ups push up agility test and beep test you have to score 20 to pass pat each test u can score up to 7 but you can t score a 0 in anyone of the tests or you fail.

Comment

• For those who received inquiries about the job. Is it only upstate individuals? Meaning JD 3-8. Trying to figure out if they're only doing a class at pond view.

Comment

• Casastral
        Casastral commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on Long Island and put in for JD 10 and I got the email.

• Jzak1987
        Jzak1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. Any 9JD get an email?

• Jorgejr1199
        Jorgejr1199 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m assuming anyone that got in the 90s got that email. Not based on where you picked. I could be wrong. It makes that they would tell those with higher scores to prepare though because those are the only ones that would be in the running to start the process in November.

• Jzak1987
        Jzak1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense but they either do upstate or the city academy. I don't recall them ever doing both at the same time. Trying to figure out what the plan is.

• A rumor I heard today is they are going to try and process quickly for the next academy class. They are looking to do a class of 250 people by February. Obviously things can change but that's what I heard. If you got that PAT letter make sure you get on your workouts

Comment

• Jzak1987
        Jzak1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        250 would mean a city academy. Pond view maxes out round 160.

• Rodney Jones
        Rodney Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, this class would be mostly just for the 5 boroughs and in Brooklyn

• Jzak1987
        Jzak1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully there will be a fair amount of 9 and 10th JD ppl in there too.

• Correct me if I’m wrong, but The PAT looks dumb easy u can pass doing 15 pushups with 5 points. If you can’t pass this one idk what to tell u

Comment

• Rodney Jones
        Rodney Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the thing most people struggle with is the beep test. So if you're lacking cardio that's what you need to practice. And don't forget you need to get 5 points at least in all 4 tests

• NY-Army-92
        NY-Army-92 commented
        Editing a comment
        5 points on Push-ups is 11 which is very low. Beep test is just to the end of L4 for 5 points which doesn’t see bad at all so if u max the rest you don’t need to run/jog that long

• Jorgejr1199
        Jorgejr1199 commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to score 1 point at least. So you can score a 7 on the first 3 and then just a 1 on the final one or in any order of that. I think most people can do at least 5 on each if they pace themselves. Just do the minimum to get that 5. It’s not a competition. It’s a just a pass or fail and then move on to the background medical and psych part.

• Basically that's what I did

Comment

• Hey guys, if anyone uses reddit feel free to join the nys co sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/NYSCourtOff...m_source=share

Comment

• Thanks for the replies! I already did 11 years with nys DOCCS so the overnights isn’t something that’s new to me. I’m just saying I have already done “my time” so “sucking it up” is already done. Once you get older you will realize money isn’t everything.

Comment

• They just had a class for downstate why would they do it back to back unless they are combining them.

Comment

• Rodney Jones
              Rodney Jones commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot more spots to fill in the city/Li. Still will have people for upstate in this class but, it won't be a lot

• Union meeting on Thursday said they’re hoping most likely April for academy.

Comment

• Are the courts still understaffed? I remember a news story on it in a few years back

Comment

• Bazookajoe
                Bazookajoe commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope so, im ready to go lol

• Suffolkcourtcop
                Suffolkcourtcop commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes...big time shortage on officers

• I wonder why they are taking so long to do another academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyTheStrong1 View Post
                I wonder why they are taking so long to do another academy.
                I know right? If they don't do a new class until April, then that would be just one class of just 97 recruits in a full year.
                Last edited by Jc44; 11-11-2022, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Got a 87,Suffolk . Does anyone know how long will it be ? Thanks !

Comment

• Inner707
                    Inner707 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m in the same boat, same score but instead my preference is NYC. I’m also curious

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2617 users online. 163 members and 2454 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X