Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Putnam. Any particular reason you would leave nypd for courts? Especially since you’re almost at top pay.

Anyone with experience know the odds of getting called for district 9 and getting assigned to White Plains right out the academy? I know it’s based on departmental needs, but just curious about if it’s happened in the past and the rough estimate. Thanks

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
      NYPDpoQNS commented
      Editing a comment
      If you dont know why an nypd guy would give up his seniority , higher salary , earlier retirement and better pension to take a court officer position you need to educate yourself on the field you are trying to enter. Open your eyes and pay attention to politics / news. Your career is highly linked to it all now.

• Putnam_mom
      Putnam_mom commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Believe,
      Though there are many reasons, Quality of Life is the main one. Courts is a better schedule for family life, or any form of life outside of work. There will be times when you do not go home because the neess of the department "needs" you to work another 6 hours last minute. And everything NYPDpoQNs stated lol.

• gkov
      gkov commented
      Editing a comment
      Work schedule and quality of life are top. Also being out of the spot light is a big plus.

• We have quite a few former NYPD MOS as well as former state and city correction officers. It’s still a good job and I’m actually hopeful it will improve in the future. Top Court officer Salary with location, SLED, and uniform is about 88k before OT. Hopefully we will get a new contract with real % increases. Most court officers who leave go to Nassau PD, MTA PD or Port authority PD. NEVER heard of any court officer leaving for NYPD.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• soon2retire
      soon2retire commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, They need to fix the pension though, at least back to 30/55. I know one guy who left the courts to go to NYPD. Wound up at Highway 3

• Suffolkcourtcop
      Suffolkcourtcop commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Deacon... actually about 88k without location etc.
      With all included we top out at almost 94 thousand without overtime...as far as a real raise...forget about it.
      2% is the number.

• Correct. I didn’t include first and second longevity or Twenty, twenty five and thirty year bonus as well. Just went off of top pay line.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Hey, does anybody know if you can change your desired location at this point? And is there a jurisdiction that may call sooner than others?

Comment

• Thanks for the response Putnam. Based off of ur name I am just going to assume, happy Mother’s Day.

Comment

• Putnam_mom
          Putnam_mom commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha. Yes a mommy of 2 awesome boys! Thank you!

• Good day to all,

Does anyone know if the history paperwork etc should be filled out already? I don't want to drop the ball on anything or allow too much time to pass.
        also not sure what time frame we could be looking at here. Anticipation rising fast !

Thanks

Comment

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          They already reached out to you ?

• Putnam_mom
          Putnam_mom commented
          Editing a comment
          @patrykm, no they have not reached out. I have a low rank # and I'm just being anxious lol.

• Doesn't hurt to start filling it out did you take the PAT yet

Comment

• Putnam_mom
          Putnam_mom commented
          Editing a comment
          No, lol. Am I completely getting ahead of myself?
          Should I wait till I get called for PAT, then go crazy with the process

• gkov
          gkov commented
          Editing a comment
          Wouldn't hurt to start it. But don't forget about your PAT.

• Based on the current contract, what is the clear answer on the retirement?
        if i am able to use my time on the back, do I retire 5 years before the allowed time ?

Comment

• L33
          L33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually other agencies will count on the back end. You will stay in whichever tier you are currently in, that never changes. The paperwork requirements could always change, it would be best to practice the pat so you can pass it the first time. Situps, push ups, and run.

• How much does a sergent,lieutenant & captain make? i'm trying to map out my future here lol

Comment

• Inner707
          Inner707 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can look at state/city payrolls at www.seethroughny.net to get an idea, just filter the search to court officer positions. If I’m not mistaken it shows total pay as one amount including overtime and additional stuff like that.

• Bkchampions21
          Bkchampions21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I'll check now

• Jihaad
          Jihaad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link. These guys get paid pretty well. I'm excited to start this career

• Bkchampions21
          Bkchampions21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they do. Even rookie officers were not starving.

• Did anyone from last list get called in the 70s?

Comment

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder that too

• gkov
          gkov commented
          Editing a comment
          No not yet. Don't think anyone has been called yet, know someone with a very low list.

• Originally posted by Jenn__ View Post
        Did anyone from last list get called in the 70s?
        Do you mean the last list from the 2014 test ?

Comment

• Jenn__
          Jenn__ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes from the last list just wondering because I got a 70 on the new list hoping to be called with that score

• Suffolkcourtcop
          Suffolkcourtcop commented
          Editing a comment
          On the last list...NYC, Nassau, Suffolk and Lower Upstate canvassed scores of 88 up....list number 11800.
          The rest of the state further up canvassed score of 70 and up......list number of 41800.....but...as said earlier on this page...this list is much shorter.

• patrykm1995
          patrykm1995 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a 75, I don’t expect to get called for NYC or Long Island for not Atleast another 3-4 years

• I got a 94.3 and my rank # is 753. How long do you think the wait would be, I know a class just started on April 4th I don’t know from what list tho?

Comment

• The 2014 list

Comment

• Do the low ranks have a chance to be at NYC or Long Island in the future ?

Comment

• Ppl that scored high get ready for PAT test and to wear a mask during the entire test that changes everything trust me train with the covid mask.

Comment

• howardo
                howardo commented
                Editing a comment
                They make you wear a mask during the PAT?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3572 users online. 225 members and 3347 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X