Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There still doing physicals I'm taking one in March guess this is the last batch b4 new list comes out.

Comment

• Both upstate and down she told me they doing them at two locations

Comment

• I'm doing the St John's place appointment.

Comment

• Joefromgc
        Joefromgc commented
        Editing a comment
        St John’s Place must be the physical agility test. The medical appointment doesn’t take place over there. If courts are processing people for agility then maybe they are preparing for a summer class on top of the winter class… Or we all may dread everything being pushed back to the summer. I really hope that isn’t the case though.

• AMP519
        AMP519 commented
        Editing a comment
        If its the PAT, this class isnt happening for a long time.
        PAT>Psyh written>oral Psych>review board>medical
        Thats if its a retake.
        If its his 1st, that means investigation too
        I hope there's multiple classes and all get in SOON and later
        Last edited by AMP519; 02-09-2022, 05:07 PM.

• Rodney Jones
        Rodney Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if it's a retake, doesn't mean this class will be postponed further. They could be planning for a 2nd class. All info I have heard is for an early spring class. And with the covid cases and mandates loosening I don't see why they would delay further.

• Joefromgc
        Joefromgc commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Rodney. I don’t think this necessarily means our class is pushed back. Upstate and downstate do their process at different times. Last week I called to inquire and the lady told me that no news came about that our class was pushed back or anything like that. Summer may be for the upstate candidates. I can’t imagine they are pushing for spring but only offering the PAT now. There’s no way anybody will make spring if they are only offering the PAT now. It’s another 6 months of waiting after that.

• Physical fitness test 1st time

Comment

• I was told there s a summer class going to be happening this yr.

Comment

• I just want to be in it surprised I got and invite is the physical agility test hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyTheStrong1 View Post
          I just want to be in it surprised I got and invite is the physical agility test hard.
          So you haven't started any of the process yet? What did you score on the 2014 exam? When were you canvassed? I ask because everyone here waiting to get into an academy has already been through most of the process and was delayed with covid, so are now retaking things that have expired.

Comment

• Bottom of barrel 78, I guess location to I put my location upstate.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyTheStrong1 View Post
              Bottom of barrel 78, I guess location to I put my location upstate.
              Maybe the summer class is for upstate then. Since that's the location you put

Comment

• Thks how s the beep test how many levels are there

Comment

• AMP519
                  AMP519 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep going til you cant.
                  My goal was to get to level 5-1.
                  Last edited by AMP519; 02-10-2022, 09:27 AM.

• Rodney Jones
                  Rodney Jones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Start slow like a light jog, then pick up your speed as the levels increase. Definitely practice that specific test. You can find the beep test on youtube and just follow the instructions

• when do you get assigned an background investigator

Comment

• After you pass PAT, you get an appointment to bring in ALOT or documents. At that time they'll give you an investigator and youll give them your paperwork

Comment

• I'm guessing it's like nypd I brought my investigator tons of paperwork as well

Comment

• Does the investigator make the decision for you to proceed to the next step, if so, can you get a second chance?

Comment

• Rodney Jones
                        Rodney Jones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, once their investigation of you is complete the results are sent to the board for approval. You can appeal a decision that goes against you most of the time. Its best to just be honest and truthful, and let them know whatever information they request

• Since I'm already a LEO will the process move quickly for background.

Comment

• Joefromgc
                        Joefromgc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No they treat you the same as everyone else. I’m LEO and I thought mine would move quicker but it doesn’t. Lol

• ccoop93
                        ccoop93 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It will move quick in the sense that it'll be easier on their end to justify your hire given your affiliation, however the process remains the same on both ends.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4469 users online. 255 members and 4214 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X