Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any of you who took the written psych for the next downstate class receive a Zoom link for the virtual interview with a psychologist?

I've been had the appointment date and time but haven't received a link from the doctor. Maybe they'll send it closer to the date. If not, will be emailing processing.

Comment

• The link for the virtual meeting was sent to me the night or 2 before. I was getting paranoid but it did come .

Comment

• I got mines I believe 2 days before my actual appointment.

Comment

• Thanks everyone. I was starting to get a bit concerned lol.

Comment

• For those who did the psych interview recently, about how long did it take to get your results back?

Comment

• Rodney Jones
          Rodney Jones
          Forum Member
          Rodney Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I seem to remember a 2 month wait. So if people are still doing it now, then I would assume an academy wouldn't be until February/March

• Rodney Jones
          Rodney Jones
          Forum Member
          Rodney Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually just went back and looked at my emails from 2019 and I did the psych interview in early September and got the results in late September

• Virgil_Tibbs
          Virgil_Tibbs
          Forum Member
          Virgil_Tibbs commented
          Editing a comment
          I would assume they complete all of the psych interviews THEN schedule physicals...then we'll have to wait and see...wish someone could give us an idea on when they are targeting a start date lol

• AMP519
          AMP519
          Forum Member
          AMP519 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine took 2 months the last time

• Just got an email this morning with my results. Keep a look out y’all. Hope to meet most of you soon

Comment

• I got my medical appointment today. Moving along! Hope we all get there!
        Email states hoping for February Academy

Comment

• Good Afternoon Fellow Officers.
        A New upstate academy will be graduating on December 23rd and will be reporting to their new commands on 12/27/21
        That's wonderful news for the upstaters trying to get home after 3 years in limbo.
        It's been a rough road. Now the question is when is the next academy for upstate? Has there been any canvas letters? Physicals? Anything put out there?
        Rumors tend to feed the beast here at the NYS Courts. So any real information is appreciated.
        You are not a unique snowflake. There are no such things as hardships, it's all about the needs of the courts.
        Good luck Rookies and Happy Holidays

Comment

• Rodney Jones
          Rodney Jones
          Forum Member
          Rodney Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          I havent heard anything about a new upstate class. One of my buddies is still waiting, but hasn't had an update in awhile. Happy holidays to you too

• Are Court Officers allowed to have facial hair once the academy is complete? Is it written down anywhere like in a contract, or is it court disgression ?

Comment

• gkov
          gkov
          Forum Member
          gkov commented
          Editing a comment
          I see court officers with beards all the time, so I would assume that it's allowed. But don't take my word for it I'm just an applicant.

• Hi. I know they can switch it up at anytime, but what are the general PT sessions like. I know they stress running, pushups, situps, mountain climbers.
        Do you do like 3 sets of 30 of each for a 90 each? 90 pushups, 90 situps, 90 mountain climbers?
        Also If it's snowing do we run in gym?
        Im training, been training, just want be prepared. Thanks

Comment

• Reigns167
          Reigns167
          Forum Member
          Reigns167 commented
          Editing a comment
          When i went through many years ago it was run 2x a week . PT 3-4x a week. Push-ups to mountain climbers to sit ups . Rinse and repeat many times many reps there is no answer as to how many you will do

• CoffeeCups
          CoffeeCups
          Forum Member
          CoffeeCups commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no running inside in Brooklyn. You run in prospect park. If it’s raining or snowing they’ll just switch it to the next day

• Any tips for appealing a “not cleared by board”?

Comment

• Asking for a friend, does anyone know the tattoo policy for court officers in NYS? Are you allowed to have tattoos below the wrists on the hands or fingers as well as on the neck?
          Exams Taken:
          NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
          NYPDPC Exam 2214
          APD5- Complete
          Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
          Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
          Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Hello all:

I'm pretty much done with my process. Passed everything including both phases of the psych. All I have left is the actual medical and board review. A few questions.

Do you actually have to meet with the panel/board? What are the pay steps for court officer downstate applicants?

Comment

• Rodney Jones
              Rodney Jones
              Forum Member
              Rodney Jones commented
              Editing a comment
              I got board approval recently, but I didn't have to meet with them. Got an email saying that i have been cleared and can move forward in the process. Outside of that I am in the same spot as you, just waiting for my medical appointment as I have cleared everything else

• Does anyone know how many recruits are going to each district when this class graduates?

Comment

• For those that cleared everything, and got their medical appointment email, how long did it take to receive the medical appointment email after you were cleared from the prior steps?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3477 users online. 215 members and 3262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X