Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure but that sounds like a lot. Usually lose a few the first 2 days Then everyone more a less settles in. But 11 in 2?weeks?

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the mindset, I dont think it might have to do much with the physical aspect of it, some people are just not mentally prepared to handle the stress etc. If I was at the academy I would be dead focus on the end goal and would do anything to finish and graduate with my classmates.

• Bkchampions21
      Bkchampions21 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, i see what you mean and i completely agree with you bidstar. imagine waiting years for the opportunity to attend the acadaemy and to give up in less than 48 hours.

• gkov
      gkov commented
      Editing a comment
      Always think about the end goal. The suck doesn't last!

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with both of you guys, embrace the suck and then rip the benefits afterwards!

• Anyone recently retake the physical? If so can you confirm if we will have to retake the psych?

Comment

• Mendez2822
      Mendez2822 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Im also curious about the same thing. I believe some people re-did the physical on monday 9/27 any updates?

• Yea they scheduled those who passed to retake the psych

Comment

• Rodney Jones
      Rodney Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      BW13 thanks!

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I heard the week of the 25th...did y'all receive times/dates for the psych? I was allowed to just leave after the PAT cuz I had done everything else already. Wondering if I have to email them to schedule

• Elovey9
      Elovey9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had emailed my investigator about the next steps. Haven’t received a response yet tho

• Rodney Jones
      Rodney Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I was told, we should be getting an email Wed with the psych appointment

• Hey guys need some advice .. received a psych NOPD from NYPD . I took the court officer test this year . Is it worth even trying ? Thank you

Comment

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      That NOPD shouldn’t affect your chances to join the Courts, you good don’t worry. It only affects your chances with the NYPD.

• gkov
      gkov commented
      Editing a comment
      it'll only be a problem if you don't disclose it. They will most likely know if you don't.

• Originally posted by Blueballoon28 View Post
    Hey guys need some advice .. received a psych NOPD from NYPD . I took the court officer test this year . Is it worth even trying ? Thank you
    You will have to disclose the nopd but it is not an automatic disqualification. You can download the personal history questionare and see if you disclose it there, or it might be in the courts written psych, then the psychologist could bring it up. If you want the job then go through the process.

Comment

• Thanks all of you guys for the info and advice

Comment

• Hey All, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer. In the academy what are the requirements in terms of the 1.5 mile run, sit ups and push ups? I am training the best I can in case I'm lucky enough to get the call, just want to know where I'm at. Thanks in advance for any and all advice

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Google Cooper Standards or Cooper Institute Standards. I can't imagine the state courts do not use them for testing.

• gkov
          gkov commented
          Editing a comment
          just keep trying to get your run time down and your push up sit up rep count up. Try doing sprint intervals too for run time, helps a lot.

• Rodney Jones
          Rodney Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice. Whats is a standard amount of push ups and sit ups that you'll be doing on a given day?

• Originally posted by Rodney Jones View Post
        Hey All, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer. In the academy what are the requirements in terms of the 1.5 mile run, sit ups and push ups? I am training the best I can in case I'm lucky enough to get the call, just want to know where I'm at. Thanks in advance for any and all advice
        Keep training, daily push ups, sit ups, and mountain climbers will make your experience much easier. If you run a few times a week you'll be fine. Good luck

Comment

• Rodney Jones
          Rodney Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

• Hey there everybody. I just got an email regarding an early 2022 Academy class in Brooklyn. I took the test in 2014. I replied that I was interested, and I just want to know when they would schedule the physical. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
          Virgil_Tibbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Lotta people already had the physical late September and early October(mine was the 1st) so I'd get ready ASAP. Pushups, situps, running...I believe if you're in any kind of decent shape you should pass

• nycfed101
          nycfed101 commented
          Editing a comment
          what list number are you?

• Start prepping NOW. They’re moving quickly.

Comment

• ceecee
          ceecee commented
          Editing a comment
          I am recovering from foot surgery. Do you have any timeframe?
          Last edited by ceecee; 10-21-2021, 05:11 PM.

• I don’t. But if they’re looking at early next year they’re gonna start the process soon. Good luck with the foot.

Comment

• Written psych went as usual. Looking like most oral psychs will be in December. When do ya'll think the new Downstate class will be? So far only have heard early 2022.

Comment

• are they processing new people or people that were processed already? i havent heard anything from anyone and ive gone through and passed all the parts leading to the BG investigation before the freeze...

Comment

• nycfed101 it's both. I also went through, and passed everything before the freeze. When I went to retake the physical and spoke to some of the others there, it was both people who have done everything before, and people who were there for the first time

Comment

• gkov
                gkov commented
                Editing a comment
                It's still off the old exam correct?

• nycfed101
                nycfed101 commented
                Editing a comment
                why are they contacting new people and i havent heard anything from anyone?

• Bkchampions21
                Bkchampions21 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are contacting anyone from the new test because they are still giving it out. They are probably calling ppl who took the test from 2014.

• Rodney Jones
                Rodney Jones commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct, everyone was from the 2014 list, just some people were there for the first time

• gkov yeah from the 2014 list

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3926 users online. 266 members and 3660 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X