300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
    Are we getting reimbursed for all the money we gonna put out? Are we getting a pay check during the academy?
    From what I understand its no and yes. No direct reimbursement, but your 2 years of trainee pay start in the academy.

I may be wrong
    NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
    Rank# Under 2000
    Canvassed: NYC
    Pre-Medical: Passed
    Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
    Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by ba9428
      I passed the height/weight and blood pressure today but failed failed with my uncorrected vision. I passed with my corrected vision. I saw my eye doc today and I need Lasik. Are there any jobs out there that don't allow you to have Lasik?
      If you don't mind me asking, how bad is your vision?

Comment

I got a call today and will start the academy on Jan 6. It was a long wait but it's all worth it.
        Good Luck to everyone! My investigator and I did not expect that I will make it as my list no. is up in the low 4000 but here I am starting the academy on Jan.
        Hey congrats! Good to see an acadamy going thru...hope they continue on to one with the new test! Good luck and keep us posted on how the acadamy is.

Comment

Last edited by Seino331; 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seino331 View Post
            Had the second medical today , redid premedical stuff plus urine and blood. Everything went well and I have to go for the physical on January 13. Not too worried about that, looking forward to going through all the steps but its moving faster than I thought it would. Good luck to all trying to get on.
            Thats awsome...they gave you the date for the agility already? What was your score / rank on exam? when was your first med? I went up to albany last Tuesday and they had me do both meds in one shot and said that I would get a date for some time in Jan to go to the city for the agility...you just made my day, good to see its moving quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by LampshadeNYC View Post
              From what I understand its no and yes. No direct reimbursement, but your 2 years of trainee pay start in the academy.

I may be wrong
              Thanks, I decided to call OCA and asked them directly. Yes you are right we are getting paid during the academy, health benifits will take effect after 45 days. We will NOT get reimburst for the money we will put out for the Equiptment and Uniforms but will get uniform allowance at the end of the year.
              Exam 2005/ 45-722
              Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
              Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

Oh man! The first week of the academy we have to pay $1000 upfront for the equiptments and books needed for the academy. And another $1000 for the uniforms before the end of the academy. Are we getting reimburst for all the money we gonna put out? Are we getting a pay check during the academy?
                What district are you going to the academy for?

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                  Hey congrats! Good to see an acadamy going thru...hope they continue on to one with the new test! Good luck and keep us posted on how the acadamy is.
                  Thanks, I will keep you guys/gals posted. I heard that this is the last class for the 2005 exam.

Although my first choice was district 9, I was only offered for NYC. I'm hoping I could transfer to district 9 in the future when I get some seniority. Good Luck again to everyone.
                  Last edited by jontot; 12-20-2010, 05:42 PM.
                  Exam 2005/ 45-722
                  Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                  Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• uniform deductible

Check with your accountant or tax preparer. I'm pretty sure you can deduct uniform and equipment so long as your job does not reimburse.

Comment

• P.S. I had Lasik done 3 1/2 weeks ago and passed the eye test last week. The healing period after Lasik is at least 2 weeks to 1 month. But I was seeing 20/15 within ten minutes of the procedure. My vision was blurry for about a day or so. I see halos at night, but they are going away.

Comment

Oh man! The first week of the academy we have to pay $1000 upfront for the equiptments and books needed for the academy. And another $1000 for the uniforms before the end of the academy. Are we getting reimburst for all the money we gonna put out? Are we getting a pay check during the academy?
                        I guess it's something we all need to be prepared for and save. I can't believe it costs that much.
                        Then there's room and board if you're in the Cohoes academy.
                        Last edited by CivilServant14; 12-20-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I got a call today and will start the academy on Jan 6. It was a long wait but it's all worth it.
                          Good Luck to everyone! My investigator and I did not expect that I will make it as my list no. is up in the low 4000 but here I am starting the academy on Jan.
                          Hey man,

Congrats on getting the call. My rank was also in the low 4000's. I can't wait to start the academy. Good luck man!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                            Hey man,

Congrats on getting the call. My rank was also in the low 4000's. I can't wait to start the academy. Good luck man!!!!
                            Congrats to both of you! Good luck in your new career!

Looking at both of your ranks and the rankings reached from the last exam, it looks like the numbers reached were only those canvassed. I think NYC reached 6,072 and both of you are around 4,000. Looks like my chances are slimmer in NYC since I'm in the mid 5,000 range, even with the increase in hiring. I may have to choose upstate NY.

Comment

• You do get a uniform allowance, I just forget exactly how much. I think it's about a grand a year, split into 2 checks-1 in June and 1 in December.
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by ba9428
                                I failed the uncorrected vision, one eye at a time. I passed the uncorrected, binocular.

I scored 20/70 on each eye by itself.

When I saw my eye doc today she told me that my eyes are in good shape and actually not bad at all.
                                Hey,

What did OCA tell you after you failed the vision? Did they tell you to contact them if you got lasik? Did they offer you any options? Would like some input for those of us that don't think we'll pass the vision. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9788 users online. 498 members and 9290 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X