Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the email. Guess we'll have to redo the PAT

Comment

• for people that received email what was your rank?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        109xx ...I just missed the January 2020 class.

• nycfed101
        nycfed101 commented
        Editing a comment
        im also in the 10xxx and didnt get anything? for the ones that did, were you completed with BG too?

• Got mine... i guess we have to so physical and psychological again... hopefully everything goes smoothly

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope not...so far definitely the PAT. Which I understand since it has been over a year I guess.
        Last edited by Virgil_Tibbs; 06-25-2021, 07:44 PM.

• Reigns167
        Reigns167 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s just the pat and medical unless they changed something

• If given the option would you chose to become a NYS Court Officer or NYS Trooper? Taking into account pay and quality of life?

Comment

• Reigns167
        Reigns167 commented
        Editing a comment
        State Trooper

• Dukefan23
        Dukefan23 commented
        Editing a comment
        State Police

• Court Officers generally work 9-5 M-F. The big difference is retirement. Unless you’re in tier 4 already, you’ll be in Tier 6 and have to work to age 63 as a Court Officer, which is ludicrous (thank Cuomigula for that). As a State Trooper, you can retire after 20 years
      Originally posted by 321cba View Post
      If given the option would you chose to become a NYS Court Officer or NYS Trooper? Taking into account pay and quality of life?
      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
        Court Officers generally work 9-5 M-F. The big difference is retirement. Unless you’re in tier 4 already, you’ll be in Tier 6 and have to work to age 63 as a Court Officer, which is ludicrous (thank Cuomigula for that). As a State Trooper, you can retire after 20 years

I hope we get a new governor and court officers get a 20 year retirement, is stupid that new Officers need to work till 63 that’s just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

I hope we get a new governor and court officers get a 20 year retirement, is stupid that new Officers need to work till 63 that’s just ridiculous.
          I believe they are the only officer title on a state level to not have a special retirement plan. It's silly really.

Comment

• Getting Cuomigula out is key. I don’t think they’ll get a 20 year retirement. When I was working, we had 30/55, which was fine with me
            Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Heck even 25 and out is a better deal than the current plan.

• Rh992
              Rh992 commented
              Editing a comment
              30/55 was tier 4 in general though. They would need a special plan at this point.

• Currently working for federal I was gunna come back to work for nys to be a court officer but no 25 and out? That’s horrible lol what do you guys think between this and mta pd and or even ICE as a DO ?

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              I take either job MTA or ICE DO, both are good jobs so I’ll take the first one who call to be honest.

• Are they still calling people from the 2014 list until the new list is established? if so what list # they reached for the tristate area?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, read the last two pages brother lol. A new exam will start being offered in September as well.

• Originally posted by Virgil_Tibbs View Post
            Yes, read the last two pages brother lol. A new exam will start being offered in September as well.
            I got called back as well. Virgil I believe we were sitting next to each other in the final stages a year and a half ago. Do you think all parts of the process will have to be repeated i.e PAT, Vision, Psych Test, Psych Interview and Medical?

Comment

• Reigns167
              Reigns167 commented
              Editing a comment
              I went through a similar situation about 10 years ago. Unless they changed the policy all you will have to repeat is a PAT and then a mini medical .

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha we probably were...and I believe it will be only be the PAT and medical because we were asked to update our investigators if anything changed regarding work, arrests, summons, etc.

• Originally posted by Virgil_Tibbs View Post
            Haha we probably were...and I believe it will be only be the PAT and medical because we were asked to update our investigators if anything changed regarding work, arrests, summons, etc.
            The person i spoke to yesterday made it sound like it would be the entire process over again including psych written/interview

Comment

• CoffeeCups
              CoffeeCups commented
              Editing a comment
              If the person you spoke to is Brian Olgee he’s a good guy. You can ask him anything. So don’t be afraid to ask.

• so heres what you need to know about the re doing of the process. you will need to redo the psychological evaluation and your physical. ans medical. just retook my physical and did my psychological back in may. my medical is in a week.. Goodluck

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn o well...hate to have to answer all those questions again ughh

• Loneturtle
              Loneturtle commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh boy. I never thought of killing myself, but answering all those questions again might change that. Lolz

• Just received PAT confirmation for 9/27, we’re still alive downstate , good luck to all!

Comment

• Elovey9
              Elovey9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea same here, hope we can fly through this

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting mine is in October...but it says vision, fingerprint, and everything so I assume its EVERYTHING all over again. Ughhhhhh lol but have to be glad for an opportunity.

• Rodney Jones
              Rodney Jones commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Virgil I also got an early October date for my retest. Good luck to everyone. I hope it works out for all of us!

• What is the required run time and distance while in the academy?

Comment

• Rockaway8678
              Rockaway8678 commented
              Editing a comment
              The distance for running in the academy is 1 1/2 miles and the run time for this goes by the Cooper Standard (age and gender). This Cooper standard also sets the requirements for push ups and sit ups as well. You can google it, the chart will show you where you need to be

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3695 users online. 196 members and 3499 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X