Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZenR11
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! Hoping after the medical, I receive the same call! Good luck to everyone!

• THE BIRDMAN
    replied
    Congrats to all whom were lucky enough to get the call!
    This is a great opportunity; in my opinion best in NYS law enforcement! Keep exercising and listen to what is being asked of you! Academy goes by quick and by the end you will be like ; DAMN!

enjoy the ride ! Looking forward to working w y’all!

BIRDMAN43

Leave a comment:

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! My medical is tomorrow, crossing my fingers everything goes well and I get the same call.

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! Hope we all get the same call...what range was your list #?

• AMP519
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats!
    Without saying your rank# obviously on here. Can you give a hint to where they were up to while calling you?
    Im in the 8700's

• YoungOldGuy
    replied
    OPT3 - They have started calling, - today I am guessing, only because they connected with me earlier. How nice to finally get that long awaited phone call. You will get it too, sounds like. Just be patient. I think they call based on rank numbers that are all cleared. But they call when they call, and we say, "Halleluia!" I was told way back at the pre-appt medical that they were anticipating doing those final medicals possibly right up to Christmas, and that seems to be holding true! And you can bet your sweet bippy that if they are calling you to that medical, it means they want you in this Academy class, and as long as you pass it ok then you are going to get that call. And yes, if you then have to scramble to get all your gear in order prior to the date, then just do it. Pay for Express shipping if needed, no biggie. And you might not be able to give your boss 2 weeks notice...but maybe they kinda know anyway.... Be polite, professional and grateful, and you'll be fine.

By the way - Congratulations everyone in the process, and especially those persevering and progressing this far. I look forward to meeting you all in the Academy. We have a few things to learn and experience together, and i can confidently say ahead of time that it'll be a privilege to learn and serve alongside those who graduate with me. This has been an enormous journey for me and our family, way to much to tell now, but I am already far better for the process, challenges and even some failures I've experienced through it all. And there'll be plenty more in a few weeks!!

Do yourself a favor and if you still have not gotten one of those grip strengthening tools - get it immediately! You'll be very glad you did on day 1, - besides when it comes time to try to handle a very powerful handgun. And another word to the wise, if the OCA says come in business attire, or the Chief says come having shaved, or if the Capt says leave your cellphone in the locker, and secure your locker....then do yourself a huge favor...just do it.... We have a lot to learn, but believe me- and it's not personal - you will prefer not to be "that" particular guy or gal right then. But If you change your mind - we'll get through it together anyway!!

Can't Wait!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy New Year all around!!

Yours truly,

YoungOldGuy

Leave a comment:

• BigSpritz
    commented on 's reply
    As long as the 1/6 date is concrete I’d say it’s safe to assume that they will start making calls appointing candidates to the academy the week of 12/23.

I personally received the call for the academy on 2/5, and the start date was 2/21. But with that being said it is also not unheard of to receive a call for the academy a few days prior to it starting.

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    endless process...... what ZenR11 said above makes sense

• OPT3
    replied
    Had my medical in October, was told to come in beginning of this month for another drug screening because I needed one 60 days within the academy date.

Leave a comment:

• ZenR11
    commented on 's reply
    I’m assuming they are waiting for all medicals to be completed before contacting people.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3596 users online. 241 members and 3355 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X