Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really do hope that they extend the list, this isnt any of our faults. some of us were right at the finish line of our process to get in to the academy and now it seems like we may have to start from the beginning starting next year, which honestly for me i would probably start looking for something else. still holding out hope but yea. probably going to have to redo the physical as well since those only last a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ownal0t View Post
      i really do hope that they extend the list, this isnt any of our faults. some of us were right at the finish line of our process to get in to the academy and now it seems like we may have to start from the beginning starting next year, which honestly for me i would probably start looking for something else. still holding out hope but yea. probably going to have to redo the physical as well since those only last a year.
      I'm pretty sure the 2014 list is dead. I haven't heard of any processing or talks of another class, there are rumors going around that the last class won't survive layoffs.

Comment

• 9/11/2019

http://ww2.nycourts.gov/september-11...-affairs-24471
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by L33 View Post

I'm pretty sure the 2014 list is dead. I haven't heard of any processing or talks of another class, there are rumors going around that the last class won't survive layoffs.
          Aren't they already understaffed before the Coronavirus even hit? In addition to already being understaffed, there are those that have retired as of April 2020...and then there will be even more retiring before the courts fully open due to fear of exposure.

Worst case scenario, there would only be temporary layoffs before the courts fully open.
          Last edited by LukeSW; 09-14-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Reigns167
            Reigns167 commented
            Editing a comment
            Courts been understaffed since 2009, Cuomo cut the budget back in 2010 and it’s been a catch up game ever since .

• Originally posted by LukeSW View Post

Aren't they already understaffed before the Coronavirus even hit? In addition to already being understaffed, there are those that have retired as of April 2020...and then there will be even more retiring before the courts fully open due to fear of exposure.

Worst case scenario, there would only be temporary layoffs before the courts fully open.
          Yes the courts are definitely understaffed. There was supposed to be an retirement incentive at the end of the year, but cuomo shot that down. Layoffs would be temporary if they do occur.

Comment

• Has anyone from the 2014 test heard anything yet?

Comment

• Rat95
              Rat95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Freshman, Im on the job. If you haven't heard already, courts need to cut 300 million dollars to meet a deficit. All we have are rumors at this time, but there are rumors of layoffs through-out all of OCA including the class that just graduated at the very least. But layoffs are the very last step in the process.

It was stated however that part of getting out of that 300 million dollar deficit was placing a hiring freeze. Don't know how long, or when it'll take place. I'll try my best to post something when there are more concrete answers.

• Freshman
              Freshman commented
              Editing a comment
              @Rat95
              Congrats on making it through man! I havent heard anything in a while so thank for the update, much appreciated. All of us 2014s are rooting for you, we are living vicariously through you! lol

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the update

• Rat95
              Rat95 commented
              Editing a comment
              @freshman
              @Virgil_Tibbs

Of course, i am from the 2014 test as well. 2 years on... i know the feeling of radio silence when it comes to this process, I was so anxious. so I hop on to drop some updates when I get them.

I appreciate that Freshman, We are all in this together! Again, ill keep you guys informed as I hear more.

• Thank you rat95 for the info. I'm also from the 2014 list that just missed the last downstate class. I'll be following this thread for any information. Thank you again

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6285 users online. 352 members and 5933 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X