Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a refund of some sort, ppl anticipated a test and to postpone it and take our money not cool.

Comment

• Rh992
      Rh992 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. I have this and another test with NYS on hold due to COVID.

• Congrats to the new officers who Graduated today! What a crazy time to be starting this job but we look forward to working with you. To the other squads who haven’t graduated yet: Hang in there. You will be with us soon!
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
      Congrats to the new officers who Graduated today! What a crazy time to be starting this job but we look forward to working with you. To the other squads who haven’t graduated yet: Hang in there. You will be with us soon!
      I really hope so I couldn't help but notice those comments stating that everything is canceled including next downstate class for which I was at the end of processing 4 when everything shut down. Any hopeful information? Lol

Comment

• They should just extend the list from 2014.

Comment

• Stack69
          Stack69 commented
          Editing a comment
          No they shouldnt. 6 years for a list is long enough. They want top talent who score higher on exams

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Good scores don't necessarily equate to "top talent".

• Originally posted by OnlyTheStrong1 View Post
        There should be a refund of some sort, ppl anticipated a test and to postpone it and take our money not cool.
        Why refund the money when the exam is still on the table? they probably don't have the timeline at the moment of when the process is going to start again but the exam is still on the table and it will happen. When will it happen? nobody knows but is not off the table is just on hold because of the current situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

Why refund the money when the exam is still on the table? they probably don't have the timeline at the moment of when the process is going to start again but the exam is still on the table and it will happen. When will it happen? nobody knows but is not off the table is just on hold because of the current situation.
          Not entirely sure what they are waiting for. The reported numbers in NY are very low. They aren’t gonna get lower than this until there’s a vaccine. If they want to give this test, now would be the time to do it before there is a potential “second wave.” Unless they’re waiting for a vaccine, in which case we could be waiting years for this test to actually be given.

Comment

• Dukefan23
            Dukefan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you go to the NYS website you’ll see that all departments for NYS government are currently on a hiring freeze. Was put into place at the end of April. I’m in the same boat, I’m awaiting my academy class to start for NYSP. Could be awhile before things get moving again.

• Paying to take a test is just throwing your money away. It’s just like gambling. It’s gone. Forget about it.

What you think should be done isn’t what they will do. This is your first lesson in government.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Paying to take a test is just throwing your money away. It’s just like gambling. It’s gone. Forget about it.

What you think should be done isn’t what they will do. This is your first lesson in government.
            I don’t care about the money I spent on the test, I want the job lol. Better chance winning lotto I guess.

Comment

• City unions saying OCA is being told to institute a 10% budget cut This is not good folks

Comment

• Maybe after Trump wins in November, things will open back up and the economy will skyrocket like it did in 2016.... I just want to take this test and get on the job!

Comment

• OrangeCounty91
                  OrangeCounty91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha I love the positive thinking

• Bidstar
                  Bidstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, can't wait for the economy to bounce back so these tests can get back up and running!

• Any updates on this ?

Comment

• Bidstar
                  Bidstar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you talking about the 2020 test, no there isn’t any updates.

• I know it's easier said then done, but don't give up hope. Keep in mind that this career has no age limit to get on (as of yet). If your 21 this wait might not be the worst thing. The retirement tier 6 is 30/63, so getting on early means alot of years otj. They will eventually give the test, use this time to get in shape, drop weight of you have to. The last thing you want to do is get 100 on the test and fail out at the physical. When the dates are finally announced start doing practice exams, you can find them on amazon. Read newspapers or books, train your mind to read for a few hours straight without getting burnt out. All of this will be worth it if you get through the steps and then academy. It truly is the best law enforcement job out there. Good luck!!

Comment

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good advice. Not the best Leo job out there due to the terrible retirement and pay with the lack of overtime. But it’s still a good job.

• Virgil_Tibbs
                  Virgil_Tibbs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm holding out hope they run another class from the 2014 exam but I doubt it now. I just missed the January cut. I know I can score well but man that's a long wait.

• Rh992
                  Rh992 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tier 6 is not 30/63. To retire on tier 6 with a full pension on a regular ERS plan is the age of 62 while on a payroll, off a payroll it's 63. With the state 10 years on and at least 55 years of age you can retire with health insurance if you don't care for the pension money.

• Unfortunately the governor has Vetoed the our retirement bills for last few years. With the economy the way it is and the political climate right now, I doubt we will ever get 30/55 for new hires. It’s a good job but it’s changing as is law enforcement around the country. I have no idea how different this job will look in a year but it will be different. No info on when the test will be. We have to see how they cut our budget and if there are furloughs, lay-off, etc. Reigns167 You can still make some money on this job. OT does still exist in some commands. They are going to be fixing the Bronx hall of justice for years!
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know i was a CO for years, i worked in 2 counties, there’s not much OT goin around . Unless construction or film shoots , i never really seen anyone get above 250hrs of OT

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                Unfortunately the governor has Vetoed the our retirement bills for last few years. With the economy the way it is and the political climate right now, I doubt we will ever get 30/55 for new hires. It’s a good job but it’s changing as is law enforcement around the country. I have no idea how different this job will look in a year but it will be different. No info on when the test will be. We have to see how they cut our budget and if there are furloughs, lay-off, etc. Reigns167 You can still make some money on this job. OT does still exist in some commands. They are going to be fixing the Bronx hall of justice for years!
                That’s sad, hopefully in the future we can get a good governor that cares about LEOs, the retirement could really use an upgrade. Only time will tell I guess!

Comment

• Any new on a possible Upstate Class/Albany? I'm still waiting for my written Psych results from before COVID. I'm hoping there will still be a chance this year or early next year

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3232 users online. 150 members and 3082 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X