Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the academy still moving along? I justwonder with all these bans on large groups of people...

Comment

• Holcroft
      Holcroft commented
      Editing a comment
      Likely not, courts are on minimum staffing

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Smh guess that will delay everything...wonder if that helps or hurts those of us on the 2014 list...well either way be safe everyone

• ownal0t
      ownal0t commented
      Editing a comment
      it probably helps cause, no new test = no new scores, No new scores = more time for the 2014 class to get processed.

this is a situation where you andme and others arent at fault and they will probably see it like that. i cant see people being punished for random acts of god/ pandemics

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you're right!

• Originally posted by ownal0t View Post
    it probably helps cause, no new test = no new scores, No new scores = more time for the 2014 class to get processed.

this is a situation where you andme and others arent at fault and they will probably see it like that. i cant see people being punished for random acts of god/ pandemics
    I'm definitely gonna go with this ideal so I will not go nuts

Comment

• Originally posted by MOS.BachoDilil View Post

I'm definitely gonna go with this ideal so I will not go nuts
      plus they would need to continue the downstate class would they not? unless they can remotely learn

Comment

• how is everyone doing?

Comment

• I'm assuming with the NYS budget disaster there won't be any hiring for some time. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Has anyone heard from their investigator at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by joeya7 View Post
              Has anyone heard from their investigator at all?
              nope and i don't plan on it if there are no gatherings and classes unless theyre planning an online course

Comment

• Originally posted by joeya7 View Post
                Has anyone heard from their investigator at all?
                Not at all. The phone message for the aysinvestigations unit says all processes is suspended until further notice

Comment

• hey guys what is the top pay for downstate, is there overtime aswell and what is the retirement age

Comment

• courts in long island are opening up in the next week or so per a lawyer friend of mine. Hopefully we'll be seeing some updates from the academy/processing

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
                      Virgil_Tibbs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I assume they have to finish the January class first...can't see how they could have completed everything since it was stopped in March.

• Holcroft
                      Holcroft commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unless the budget cuts are bad enough for them to let that class go. Got to wait and see what Cuomo comes up with for next fiscal period which starts July 1st I believe.
                      Courts are opening up is more of a symbolic thing ,there is not much of anything actually happening in courthouses for now.

• Anyone hear any news/rumors lately?

Comment

• Rat95
                      Rat95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, i remember what it feels like to be left in the dark twiddling my thumbs, it sucks. I logged on to tell you what i've heard.

I don't know what you've heard already, but rumors lately are lay offs throughout the entire system..many things happen before lay offs, but the goal is to cut back on a certain budget, and if it isn't met, lay offs. Nothing is set in stone as of yet. I'm hearing from some people the class that was set to graduate in April will be fine, i'm hearing from others that they are not safe, if you ask me, judging by how things are going i unfortunately can't see them lasting long before being furloughed, i hope i'm wrong.

Rumors are the upcoming test that was scheduled for this year will be cancelled, and there will be a hiring freeze. Again, nothing is factual yet, and for everyone's sake including my own and the officers i work with, i hope that isn't true. Considering the staffing deficiencies already, after a possible buyout we just cant afford to lose anymore manpower or go too long without a new academy class.

• Virgil_Tibbs
                      Virgil_Tibbs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow can't say I'm too surprised. Hope no one loses there jobs...thanks for the reply!

• Holcroft
                      Holcroft commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Next 2 academy classes were canceled , so wouldn't expect to hear anything till winter or so. New test is cancelled for now and hiring freeze is on

• First time applying for court officer. Im aware everything is shut down but wanted to know . I hear there are two academy locations can we choose which location we want to attend.

What are the academy hours ?, im assuming its not live in

whats starting salary?

what a typical day for a court officer like

Comment

• L33
                      L33 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There are two locations, upstate they provide hotel accommodations during the week, and you go home on the weekends. Downstate is the new academy in Brooklyn. It's accessable with public transportation. The academy runs 9-5, but if your on time your late. Pay is approximately 50k-80k, plus location, uniform allowance, and sled (supplementary law enforcement differential). Your day to day duties vary greatly by the command you are placed in. You could be assigned to magnetometers, assigned to a security post, working a trial, running inmates. It truly is a great career with great hours, however it is on the lower end of the law enforcement pay salary for new york. The trade off is the Monday -friday workweek with holidays off. Your best bet is to study as much as you can for the exam, they have prep courses and books on amazon. It's not really knowledge based, just how you read a situation and choose the best answer. Good luck for whenever they get the new test out and start processing again. My guess is around 5 years, but that just a guess.

• Virgil_Tibbs
                      Virgil_Tibbs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you think those of us from the last list are out of luck? In your opinion...I had just missed the January class

• L33
                      L33 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Virgil tibbs, nobody can say for certain, but from what I've read there is a freeze on all hiring, promotions, future classes, and the test is on hold/canceled.

• current bill in NYS Assembly committee: would prohibit all peace officers from carrying guns on or off duty. That’s correction officers , park rangers , peace officers of any kind. Make sure to voice some opposition spread the word to vote nay on this thing. Next thing you know they’ll be trying to take guns from police officers too. We all need to stick together

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation...?intent=oppose

Comment

• OK lets be real, is there any hope for this test or should I just
                      forget about it ? If they are not giving the test, can we get our money back?

Comment

• Bwahahahaha. Money back...are you kidding?
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4666 users online. 276 members and 4390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X