Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jontot
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2010

I know most of the post recently here are pre- screening medical for the people who took the exam on 2009. Anyone lurking here from exam 45-722 and had a Pre-Appointment Medical in the last couple weeks for the Jan. 3, 2011 Academy? I did my pre-appointment on Nov. 29 and passed but hasn't heard anything from OCA. I'm wondering if OCA will let us know if we did NOT make the cut to the academy for whatever reason.
    This waiting thing is killing me.
    Last edited by jontot; 12-16-2010, 08:02 AM.
    Exam 2005/ 45-722
    Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
    Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• mfriguy
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2010

Has anybody else gone to albanny for the premed?

Comment

• path5
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2010

Few questions. I got an 85 on the test, so Im not way up on the list. Anyone know what the highest list number they have screened so far is?

And with the pre-med, how do they test your vision? Is it a standard test? Im wondering if its even possible that Ill be able to squint my way through.

Comment

• Cravan
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jontot
          I know most of the post recently here are pre- screening medical for the people who took the exam on 2009. Anyone lurking here from exam 45-722 and had a Pre-Appointment Medical in the last couple weeks for the Jan. 3, 2011 Academy? I did my pre-appointment on Nov. 29 and passed but hasn't heard anything from OCA. I'm wondering if OCA will let us know if we did NOT make the cut to the academy for whatever reason.
          This waiting thing is killing me.
          Hey,

I also took the pre-hire medical on 11/29/10 and I got the call on 12/17/10 to report to 123 William street on 1/6/11 to start the academy. Good luck.

Comment

• Cravan
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2008

Hey Dinosaur,

Do you know what is the current top salary for NYS Court Officers? Also, how long does it take for a court officer to reach top pay?

Thanks

Comment

• jontot
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Cravan
              Hey,

I also took the pre-hire medical on 11/29/10 and I got the call on 12/17/10 to report to 123 William street on 1/6/11 to start the academy. Good luck.
              Hey Cravan congrats! As for me no call yet. I hope I get a call tomorrow. What's your rank no. I'm in the low 4000 and they said they'll call according to their rank. I'm hoping I'll make the cut. Congrats again!
              Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• TP3
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Cravan
                Hey Dinosaur,

Do you know what is the current top salary for NYS Court Officers? Also, how long does it take for a court officer to reach top pay?

Thanks
                heres the pay scale, a court officer is JG-18

Comment

• Kannons610
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2007

TP3,

You hit JG-18 after two years on the job. Does that mean that seven years after that (9 OTJ) you would be making $67,473.00?

Is there info anywhere as to what pay grade Sergeants and Lieutenants are at?

Comment

• britta
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by path5
                    Few questions. I got an 85 on the test, so Im not way up on the list. Anyone know what the highest list number they have screened so far is?

And with the pre-med, how do they test your vision? Is it a standard test? Im wondering if its even possible that Ill be able to squint my way through.
                    You have to look into this box thing that projects the image of the eye chart. It's the kind where you can only see two columns if you close either eye, but with both eyes open there are three. As you would expect, the letters get smaller as you go down. I have really bad vision and I was able to squint my way through so good luck to you for the same. (I think I'm still going to look into lasik anyway though) They also check your peripheral vision by having you stare at a picture while they make lights flash on the sides and you just tell them which side you see the light - super easy.

Comment

• Dinosaur32
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2005

Seargeants = 19, Lieutenants = 22.

Comment

• Mtn29
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2010

Thanks Civil...good to know.

Comment

• Mtn29
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2010

i hear ya...all along ive had my parents (both civil service. one, a court officer, the other a court reporter) tell me one wrong answer and I could put 1000+ people ahead of me. will let you know how it goes for sure...your time will come.

Originally posted by Monkeyboy49
                          Hey Mtn29, see if you can tell the people from Suffolk if they can send me a canvass letter too ... I'm a little upset , if I would have gotten 1 or 2 less wrong I would be getting canvassed right now ... anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes with Suffolk ... I live in the Babylon area ...

score : 88.3

Comment

• jontot
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jontot
                            Hey Cravan congrats! As for me no call yet. I hope I get a call tomorrow. What's your rank no. I'm in the low 4000 and they said they'll call according to their rank. I'm hoping I'll make the cut. Congrats again!
                            I got a call today and will start the academy on Jan 6. It was a long wait but it's all worth it.
                            Good Luck to everyone! My investigator and I did not expect that I will make it as my list no. is up in the low 4000 but here I am starting the academy on Jan.
                            Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• path5
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by britta
                              You have to look into this box thing that projects the image of the eye chart. It's the kind where you can only see two columns if you close either eye, but with both eyes open there are three. As you would expect, the letters get smaller as you go down. I have really bad vision and I was able to squint my way through so good luck to you for the same. (I think I'm still going to look into lasik anyway though) They also check your peripheral vision by having you stare at a picture while they make lights flash on the sides and you just tell them which side you see the light - super easy.
                              Thanks for your reply. My vision is pretty bad. Hopefully Ill be able to pass. I have to get LASIK, but my vision has to stabilize first.

Comment

• jontot
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2010

Oh man! The first week of the academy we have to pay $1000 upfront for the equiptments and books needed for the academy. And another $1000 for the uniforms before the end of the academy. Are we getting reimburst for all the money we gonna put out? Are we getting a pay check during the academy?
                                Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12326 users online. 75 members and 12251 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...