Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The short answer is most likely yes. Time is Time when it comes to the NYS Pension system and you just don’t loose your time...but if it’s beneficial, or front end time or back end time is another story. Honestly I’d worry more about getting this job rather than getting this job and then getting another one.

The long answer :

Transferred Service

You may be eligible to transfer your membership in another New York State public retirement system to ERS or PFRS. To do so, file a request with the other system while you have an active membership in both systems. Transfers are not done automatically.

This transfer application is irrevocable. Once it is filed and received by the Retirement System, your transfer is effective. Under certain circumstances, it may not be beneficial to transfer your membership. If you have any questions concerning your transfer or if you are covered by a special plan, contact our Call Center at 1-866-805-0990 before completing the Application for Transfer of Membership (RS5534) .

On completion of the transfer, your date of membership will become the transferred date of membership or your current date of membership in this System, whichever is earlier. In most instances, you will be credited with the transferred service. (Some service may not be creditable under special plans or if the transferred service gives you more than one year of service credit during a year.) In some cases, depending on your new date of membership, your tier will also change.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Reigns167
      Reigns167 commented
      Editing a comment
      Already done both and on a new agency . No one could give me a straight answer but thanks for info hopefully you’re right and time counts on back end

• My name is Anthony. I am scheduled to take the fitness test in April. They charge like 100 bucks. I am diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and depression. I take lexapro and Wellbutrin. I have a masters in criminal justice, no hospitalizations, and no arrests. Also, no behaviorism issues in school. What are my chances?

Comment

• L33
      L33 commented
      Editing a comment
      With a master's in cj you could consider other choices in law enforcement. Its completely up to you if you want to see how far you will get through the process. Your diagnosis will come up during the psychological phase of the process. So it's a personal decesion if you want to start the process and see if you will be disqualified. If you try to hide everything, your medications will be discovered during the medical phase, with the blood and urine. Hope it helps, good luck
      Last edited by L33; 03-03-2020, 10:52 AM.

• I just got this email
    “Please be advised, in accordance with the Rules of the Chief Judge [22 NYCRR 25.13 (d)(1)], you are subject to being disqualified and removed from the eligible list for NYS Court Officer-Trainee, based on your failure to cooperate and/or provide requested documents to the Applicant Verification & Compliance Unit.
    Pursuant to 22 NYCRR 25.13(d)(2), you are entitled to make an explanation of the above and submit any facts in opposition to your being disqualified. If you wish to do so, you must respond within thirty (30) days of this notificationu”
    the last thing i did was completed the background interview in November.i emailed and left voicemails with no response.
    i emailed them back saying i still want the job,anything else i can do?
    i feel like they are doing this to just get my name off the list

Comment

• AMP519
      AMP519 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you pass psych?

• Holcroft
      Holcroft commented
      Editing a comment
      That's an auto email they send out sometimes even if you have everything in order.Never had a problem contacting my investigator, I would give it a cpl days for yours to contact you, and if you are not getting anything back contact units supervisor politely.

• All i did was physical and background interview never scheduled for a psychology

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      I would contact my investigator ASAP...you downstate or Upstate?

• USMCmech6216
      USMCmech6216 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was going through the process. I got an appointment to see the psych on the day of my investigation with my investigator. I took the psych evaluation and they gave me an appointment about a month after that. Did you just leave and not get an appointment?

• I tried about 3 emails and 2 voicemails no response ever...upstate

edit..they switched my investigator 2 weeks ago the email must of got deleted by accident.
    Last edited by Travis64; 03-09-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Random question, in the instructions to candidates section, the section where is says “NYS DEPARTMENT OF LABOR FORMS”, where it states notary public, do I take it to a place where they offer notarize public services? I apologize for the stupid and random question. Thank you!

Comment

• If it asks for it to be notarized...yes.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Good afternoon guys i want to.know how long does do you have to wait before you can transfer downstate

Comment

• Jbroome517
            Jbroome517 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very rough answer is 2 years but all depends on how many upstate classes they put through. Totally worth the wait though.

• Hi all! This is my first post. I passed the agility test and psych interview. Now I am waiting on my background to be cleared for Upstate. I currently live in Brooklyn and will be moving upstate once I get the go. But I was wondering, how soon do you find out what location you will be stationed at? Will it be before the academy, during or after you graduate?

Comment

• ScottBad4
            ScottBad4 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will get your official orders with location the day after graduation and the last day of the academy. You will most likely get told the week before graduation what command your assigned to.

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            We got our “unofficial” official orders about 2 weeks prior to graduation. Then a few days later, we meant with our commanding officer/ the Chief of our district and he gave us the same exact orders this time they were “official”. Downstate guy get there the day after graduation.

• My investigator wants a 1099 from 2006 to prove my employer started me with a 1099 then switched to w2

irs only goes back 10 years on the site
          idk i think i am just going to give up

Comment

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talk to you employor ASAP. You want this job? Do whatever you need to do. Go to an IRS location around you. Go to the social security off and ask for a form with all your jobs, it’s not free, and prove whatever you need to prove if you want the job.

• So question . I passed my phyc and phyc always agility i am currently waiting on being cleared for background investigation. I just got a traffic ticket for driving and using my cell phone . I want to plead not guilty and fight the ticket . Or should i just pay the ticket off . I am unsure if i should let my background investigator know . Also i think if i please guilty i would need a new drivers abstract showing new tickets . I am unsure can anybody help me

Comment

• Jdot2116
            Jdot2116 commented
            Editing a comment
            Always inform your investigator on new events that may show up on your background check.

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            Call your investigator, let him know you got the ticket. Then explain that you want to fight it and why. And then ask if he feels you should fight it or pay it . FYI it is a huffy ticket and a decent amount of points in your license. Definitely call someone before you pled. And don’t wait too long, you want to get it done quickly especially if your going to take it to trial.

• I already got the print out from social security and my employer went out of business 6 years ago.no way to get a 1099 from 2006 to prove who I was working for.the print out just says self employed.

Comment

• What are the tours\shifts they have in the academy?

Comment

• L33
              L33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Roll call is 0900, but you get there early to get changed and ready for the day. On time is late.

• has this outbreak effected anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by ownal0t View Post
              has this outbreak effected anything?
              Yes. The examinations are postponed.
              http://ww2.nycourts.gov/careers/COT-2020.shtml

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7367 users online. 391 members and 6976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X