Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an email saying I was cleared on the psych test evaluation. Hopefully I can finally get in touch with my investigator lol. Sent emails and left a few messages with no reply

Comment

• Expos48
      Expos48 commented
      Editing a comment
      did you have to retake the written psych?

• Elovey9
      Elovey9 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I didn’t have to retake anything.

• AMP519
      AMP519 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. NYC?

• Elovey9
      Elovey9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea NYC.......

• just got my email saying i passed the psych eval as well. now i wait for more information. how soon before the next step happens

Comment

• AMP519
      AMP519 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey. Are you in nyc or upstate?

• My rank was 109xx..i believe Virgils was in the same range/we were at the same pre-medical

Comment

• AMP im upstate my psych eval was on the 23rd of November for what its worth

Comment

• Let Shawn
      Let Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a email saying i passed my phyc evaluation. I recently got married after my phyc and background interview i tried emailing my investigator to inform her but no response . Does anybody know if it’s a big deal if i don’t inform them of my marriage or what advice and steps should i take to let them know

• Let Shawn
      Let Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Also did anybody hear about a upstate academy in the making ?

• USMCmech6216
      USMCmech6216 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let Shawn, I would just email your investigator so that ways there a paper trail showing you advised them. I don’t see you getting in trouble because once your in the academy you’re going to have to fill out paperwork so you’ll be about to let them know at that time too. As far as an upstate academy I heard May/June time frame from the 2014 list. Good luck, hope that helps.

• have you tried calling them shawn. I'll do it just to cover my behind. and they been saying there is an academy upstate this spring for a while. their site updated to say dates for physical testing iirc

Comment

• I guess everyone in the Academy is too tired or focused to post on herelol. Well wishes to all of you

Comment

• soon2retire
        soon2retire commented
        Editing a comment
        They are warned by academy staff not to post anything re: the academy. The whole class would get punished if someone does

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh ok gotcha. My apologies!

• soon2retire
        soon2retire commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries
        Great screen name btw

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thanks my man

• Still can’t get in touch with my investigator lol. Am I calling at the wrong times or something

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk if anything changes while there's a class but I remember there being a line and for each investigator you would press a number. Think one email had said to call before 12 or after 2.

• USMCmech6216
        USMCmech6216 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email. Always email and call. Emails leave a paper trail, sometimes they don’t get a call or a message. Atleast an email shows you attempted to reach out the them.

• Has anyone appealed a failed psych? I have no criminal history or history of drug use etc...very confused on why I didn't pass. Is there still hope?

Comment

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you fail the written or oral Psychological?

• The letter says psych assessment but also states that due to what I signed during the written, it would not be disclosed why. I am allowed to write an appeal letter. I just feel confused to why I wouldn't have passed.

Comment

• LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Sign up to take the next test irregardless if you think you can overturn it

2. E-mail/call Mr. Sheerin or Mr. Kronenberg or any other lawyer who offers a free consultation. They more than often deal with NYPD DQs but they would would definitely guide you in the right direction.

• NYranger
        NYranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Fight it. Chances are your psych doctor just did not like you/did not like how you answered his/her questions. In my opinion, that is not a sufficient reason to deny you a job. If you werent lying, or didnt have anything significant in your background, fight it to the end.
        Last edited by NYranger; 01-20-2020, 04:02 AM.

• I know some jobs look through your Facebook and other social media accounts during background check. Is that the case with court officer hiring process?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd expect them to lol. If they did in my case they didn't tell me...I went through the process for NYC DOC and my investigator asked me to pull up my Facebook and she went through it right in front of me but I'm sure everyone is different...for this title it wasn't mentioned.

• Do I have a chance if I was DQ from NYPD to become a Court Officer?

Comment

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleteeeed,

• Jdot2116
        Jdot2116 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and no, depending on what you was disqualified for.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Just take the chance, every dept is different. I was DQ from NYPD as well but it's not stopping me from applying for agencies.

• CountyCorrectionOfficer
        CountyCorrectionOfficer commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on the circumstances involved. The NYSP, NYS DOCS and OCA Courts are quite stringent in their hiring practices with a great emphasis on previous employment and criminal history. Most of your disqualifiers are character disqualification. Most of the test takers who pass the state and NYC LEO civil service exams are eliminated from employment consideration on that basis. The smaller, lesser paid upstate police agencies might cut you some slack. I have heard of some police agencies that have hired terminated (for cause) officers from other agencies. That would never occur in state and NYC LEO employment.

You could also be disqualified on the basis of being terminated from employment in the private sector.

• NYranger........Psychs know exactly what the job is looking for in a candidate. If you do not exhibit those qualities, you will not be hired. It is sufficient to deny a candidate and is easily justified.

Comment

• I messaged someone representing the NYSCourts on a social media account and asked if there would be any additional classes this year as to which they stated.

"yes, we are looking to tentatively process two more classes off of the 2014 exam; however, we strongly advise all candidates to sign up for the new exam."

If that's true, wishful thinking would be they'll have at least one more class off the old list...keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

• AMP519
          AMP519 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good. I'll keep doing my pushups,situps and mountain climbers

• Gonna be honest no way to read through this thread. Looking to see what numbers they got up to for nyc/Long Island. And about how long it took along your score. Thank you

Comment

• http://ww2.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/canvassing.shtml
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Chriscap345
            Chriscap345 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome appreciate it thank you

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4747 users online. 323 members and 4424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X