Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know the parking situation for the academy? Where’s the best place to park? I was thinking about paying a monthly to a lot.

Comment

• ZenR11
      ZenR11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I live about 15 mins from the academy. I wouldn’t suggest trying to park on the street every morning. Parking is almost nonexistent in that area depending on the times. There is a parking garage near there, not sure how far it is in walking distance though. If you can take the subway, that is your best bet.

• Jdot2116
      Jdot2116 commented
      Editing a comment
      Parking is limited. However, if you arrive by 6a you will definitely find street parking. Most of the residents that live close by the academy usually leave btwn 6:30-7:30. There are also 3 parking lots/garages within walking distance.

• Virgil...if you hear anything (since we are at the same stage and approximate rank let me know)..fingers crossed for both of us

Comment

• Anybody know the hours of the academy? Is it 0700x1500 , 0800x1600 etc? Business attire every day? Thanks

Comment

• Jdot2116
      Jdot2116 commented
      Editing a comment
      9-5. Business attire everyday

• Anyone know if and when the next upstate academy might be?

Comment

• Happy New Years everyone. No word/call from processing yet. Hoping for something last minute. If anyone has any word or info on whether or not there might be another class(NYC) before they stop calling from this list please share! At the medical we were given the impression this is probably the last one.
      Last edited by Virgil_Tibbs; 01-01-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Reigns167
        Reigns167 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think they would do another class . By the time they grade the test and certify list I’d guess it would be January 2021. I’m guessing another class would be put in fall 2020. You could still get called though, people in my class were called up til the day before . And then after people quit the first 2 days they backfilled a few spots. Don’t lose hope. Best of luck

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight. I will stay ready

• Johnfox
        Johnfox commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your rank? It’s a shame that we missed out on the academy.

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        109** was my rank

• Happy New Years! I heard that it is likely they will draw off the 2014 exam but this information is just rumor. As with previous exams it takes time to process post written exam, then the process begins; so if they have candidates who have completed everything they may continue to draw. Don’t give up hope, keep running and exercising! And to those who had already been called ... don’t give up!

Comment

• just called up the processing hotline and the person said they have finished making calls for the Jan 6th academy

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
          Virgil_Tibbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Figured that. Thanks for keeping us informed. Just gotta hope for another class.

• what seems silly to me is that if the class is filled why did they put us through the pre medical on the 14th and another group on the 21st of December...anyone think it is worth calling up the investigator to ask?
        Last edited by kcole26; 01-02-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
          Virgil_Tibbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Well some people who took the medical on those days were called apparently. I believe they called in order by rank.

• Good luck to everyone starting the academy next week! Don’t let the first couple of weeks have you second guessing your choice! Stay strong and get through it and it will get easier. Remember you’re meant to work together. No matter how well you do, you will still fail, so don’t get all bent out of shape when you’re punished because you were likely going to get punished for something else anyways! It will suck but enjoy the time together because you’ll look back on it fondly once you’re done. Any questions I’d be happy to answer.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone entering the academy on Monday. You are about to start one of the best and most sought after careers in law enforcement. The journey you are starting on Monday is one you will never ever forget. You will build bonds with people and make best friends you will know and love for the rest of your life. I hope you've followed the advice of otj officers on this forum and prepared physically for the next four months of your life. However, no matter how in shape you think you are, your limits will be pushed physically and mentally. The program is designed to weed out people that are not fit for the job. My best advice is follow instructions, don't be late, and don't quit. Arrive early every day in full business attire, no excuses. Best of luck to all of you, do your best, and look forward to meeting you in the future!!

Comment

• X2 to everything L33 said. Congratulations to all. I would also add to not post on here once you are in the academy. And vote Cuomo out in the next Governor’s election. He is no friend of Court Officers, screws them every chance he gets, and you will be stuck in Tier 6 and age 63 retirement until he’s gone
            Last edited by soon2retire; 01-03-2020, 06:09 PM.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by kcole26 View Post
              what seems silly to me is that if the class is filled why did they put us through the pre medical on the 14th and another group on the 21st of December...anyone think it is worth calling up the investigator to ask?
              Not worth asking. It is what it is... We r simply the ones waiting and hoping for the next class. My investigator did say they r possibly putting out one more class from our list for downstate n 2020 so that's that. .... Just wait and continue reading what our comrads who hopped in first r going through

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
                Virgil_Tibbs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup. I believe once the investigator clears you everything else is out of there hands and up to processing...I guess an additional class will of course depend on how many officers are needed(I'm sure this January class is probably fairly large for standards).I would assume a new list wouldn't be officially created until earl;y 2021 or very late 2020...nothing to do but stay ready and keep our fingers crossed.

• AMP519
                AMP519 commented
                Editing a comment
                I heard also there should be another class downstate. But who knows. If you ask 10 people you get 5 saying this and 5 saying opposite. All speculation.
                I'll live like the list is dead but be prepared. I got in great shape training for PAT. Staying in it.

• According to the website they are still canvassing people for Phase 1 stating - “For Candidates with a Location Preference of Judicial Districts 3-8: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 through Thursday, February 6, 2020 in an upstate location.” So I would still think they are trying to get another class together for upstate.

Comment

• I have my NYS Court Officer appeal this week because I failed the written psych. Has anyone had to do this process or know anything about it.

Comment

• AMP519
                  AMP519 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know some officers who just had to redo the psych and then moved on
                  When did they notify you? And how long ago did you take psych?
                  Are you upstate or nyc

• Mbv3
                  Mbv3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  May I ask how long it took for you to receive your results? And how you were informed? It's been a month and no word. Not sure if I should take that as a positive or negative

• Expos48
                  Expos48 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took my psych on July 29th. I found out I failed middle of September and I wrote my appeal. They didn’t get back to me until about 3 weeks ago they called me. I’m in NYC

• To all the recruits who started Monday, how is? Anyone quit yet? Are you enjoying you experience?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12203 users online. 234 members and 11969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X