Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if the compression shirts/shorts have to be navy also?

Comment

• Any one have an idea when they’re contacting people for the Jan 6th class?

Comment

• Rockaway8678
      Rockaway8678 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm assuming last minute. Have you had your medical yet? I have mine this Saturday so by the time my blood and urine come back I'm assuming I won't be notified until right before January 6th. Makes it very difficult to give notice to current employment.

• ZenR11
      ZenR11 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m assuming they are waiting for all medicals to be completed before contacting people.

• BigSpritz
      BigSpritz commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as the 1/6 date is concrete I’d say it’s safe to assume that they will start making calls appointing candidates to the academy the week of 12/23.

I personally received the call for the academy on 2/5, and the start date was 2/21. But with that being said it is also not unheard of to receive a call for the academy a few days prior to it starting.

• Had my medical in October, was told to come in beginning of this month for another drug screening because I needed one 60 days within the academy date.

Comment

• Rockaway8678
      Rockaway8678 commented
      Editing a comment
      endless process...... what ZenR11 said above makes sense

• OPT3 - They have started calling, - today I am guessing, only because they connected with me earlier. How nice to finally get that long awaited phone call. You will get it too, sounds like. Just be patient. I think they call based on rank numbers that are all cleared. But they call when they call, and we say, "Halleluia!" I was told way back at the pre-appt medical that they were anticipating doing those final medicals possibly right up to Christmas, and that seems to be holding true! And you can bet your sweet bippy that if they are calling you to that medical, it means they want you in this Academy class, and as long as you pass it ok then you are going to get that call. And yes, if you then have to scramble to get all your gear in order prior to the date, then just do it. Pay for Express shipping if needed, no biggie. And you might not be able to give your boss 2 weeks notice...but maybe they kinda know anyway.... Be polite, professional and grateful, and you'll be fine.

By the way - Congratulations everyone in the process, and especially those persevering and progressing this far. I look forward to meeting you all in the Academy. We have a few things to learn and experience together, and i can confidently say ahead of time that it'll be a privilege to learn and serve alongside those who graduate with me. This has been an enormous journey for me and our family, way to much to tell now, but I am already far better for the process, challenges and even some failures I've experienced through it all. And there'll be plenty more in a few weeks!!

Do yourself a favor and if you still have not gotten one of those grip strengthening tools - get it immediately! You'll be very glad you did on day 1, - besides when it comes time to try to handle a very powerful handgun. And another word to the wise, if the OCA says come in business attire, or the Chief says come having shaved, or if the Capt says leave your cellphone in the locker, and secure your locker....then do yourself a huge favor...just do it.... We have a lot to learn, but believe me- and it's not personal - you will prefer not to be "that" particular guy or gal right then. But If you change your mind - we'll get through it together anyway!!

Can't Wait!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy New Year all around!!

Yours truly,

YoungOldGuy

Comment

• AMP519
      AMP519 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!
      Without saying your rank# obviously on here. Can you give a hint to where they were up to while calling you?
      Im in the 8700's

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Hope we all get the same call...what range was your list #?

• Rockaway8678
      Rockaway8678 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! My medical is tomorrow, crossing my fingers everything goes well and I get the same call.

• ZenR11
      ZenR11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Hoping after the medical, I receive the same call! Good luck to everyone!

• Congrats to all whom were lucky enough to get the call!
    This is a great opportunity; in my opinion best in NYS law enforcement! Keep exercising and listen to what is being asked of you! Academy goes by quick and by the end you will be like ; DAMN!

enjoy the ride ! Looking forward to working w y’all!

BIRDMAN43

Comment

• For those that took medical yesterday, Any word mentioned about additional classes? Or did they say this is it for list?

Comment

• ZenR11
        ZenR11 commented
        Editing a comment
        They didn't mention additional classes to me, maybe they mentioned it to others who were there. But they did say they needed people for NYC. So from that, I would think there's a possibility they may want to hold another NYC class before they close the list.

• AMP519
        AMP519 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Thanks. Im in NYC so that's a glimmer of hope.

• I emailed and called and left a voicemail to my investigator and he does not reply does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• Rockaway8678
        Rockaway8678 commented
        Editing a comment
        During my investigation I did run into this problem. I would call again.

• Lerg13
        Lerg13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would try to email, most likely busy trying to get the nyc people processed. They also told us not to try to contact them on mondays. Idk if it’s the same for you.

• Random question, is there a tattoo policy for becoming a NYS Court Officer? I’m considering in getting a sleeve. Thank you.

Comment

• SP121
        SP121 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope! I had to submit photos and descriptions of all of my tattoos (two sleeves, chest, both legs filled), but they’re just looking for any offensive/gang related stuff. This is done during the background investigation process.

• Any word if they're still going to be processing from the 2014 exam untill the new list is established?

Comment

• Just got the call for January 6th...anyone else get the call?

Comment

• Amc2191
          Amc2191 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks congrats to you also. My rank is 19XX. Hope you get that call too man.

• AMP519
          AMP519 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you guys in nyc district?

• Virgil_Tibbs
          Virgil_Tibbs commented
          Editing a comment
          Me and others switched to NYC from the 9/10th district. Had to request a change. Not sure how that fully works

• Rockaway8678
          Rockaway8678 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the call yesterday, congrats to all, see you all January 6th

• What’s up guys, congratulations for those who make it into the academy. I have a question, what study guide did you guys used to help get better score in the written exam?, i will appreciate some recommendations to start studying now for the upcoming test

Comment

• Congratulations to all who made the cut! Remember DO NOT GIVE UP! Some of us that need to take the next test would give nearly anything to be in your shoes. Good luck!

Comment

• Anyone from the Suffolk Nassau area looking to set up a carpool?

Comment

• nick927
              nick927 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in Suffolk. I'm going to pay for a garage monthly that's nearby.

• What are the chances they are still calling people/have room for the Jan 6th class? I took/passed my medical two saturdays ago. Anyone from dec 14 medical get a call?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting for a call. Mine was the 14th as well

• Rockaway8678
              Rockaway8678 commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps they’re calling those who passed medicals in Rank order? Not sure why you guys haven’t been called, however there is still more than a week left before January 6th so you could still get a phone call

• ima assume that all the people getting calls are for the NYC classes( congrats btw to you guys). has anyone heard back anything from the upstate academy? i took my oral psych eval on the 23rd of November and heard nothing yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10804 users online. 402 members and 10402 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X