Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test
    replied
    You can check online to see which Social security offices are limited service locations. You want to stay away from those and go to a FULL SERVICE one. When you get to the window let them know that you need the printout and if they deny you either let them know it's for a Law Enforcement Position and you need to get it now because the academy is starting before the mail will get to you in 4 to 6 or 8 weeks and you will miss it if you don't get the document immediately or ask for the supervisor and tell him or her why you need it. They are not new to this and know that LE jobs require this from all candidates and they will give it to you right there. If not they will mail it to you and with the holiday season around the corner you might not be so jolly this year as a lot of mail gets lost. I have done this multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    So if you made over 140K for 3 years at transit and then went over to courts is your 60% based on those 3 years or your top 3 years as a court officer?

• Rockaway8678
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely take the day off for the written psych so you can take your time with the test.
    Start getting your background investigation paperwork together too. I started as soon as I passed the PAT. In particular the social security earnings printout, make sure the social security office you go to actually prints it for you (I’d call ahead and check).

• Danster360
    commented on 's reply
    Alright good to know, thank you

• BigSpritz
    commented on 's reply
    I second what Jdot has said, you also do not want to rush through the written psych. Take your time, it’s mentally draining when you are finished with the tests.

• Jdot2116
    commented on 's reply
    I would advise you to take the day off. The exam is about 2000 questions long. You would need the rest of the day to recuperate.

• NYbred
    commented on 's reply
    Trying to understand salary structure. Grade 16 starts at $50,100 is holiday pay, wash up and location pay in addition to that ?

• Danster360
    replied
    Good luck to everybody here, I took the PAT last week and passed and already have my written psych and background investigation so soon after. Question for anybody who has taken the written psych whether for court officer or another PD position in the past,

how long is the written psych exactly? My shift starts at 8am at my current job, and idk whether to take another whole day off or notify them that I can come in for the second half of the day. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    I was cleared by the evaluation board a couple days ago...perhaps I still have time to make whenever the next class is, just have my fingers crossed hoping I get called for a medical

• Lerg13
    commented on 's reply
    Not yet, I have my psych interview Tuesday

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4384 users online. 264 members and 4120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X