300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Virgil_Tibbs View Post
    There was a mixup in regards to my canvass location that I selected...good thing I reached out! I'm taking the medical this week. Crossing my fingers there's enough time/spots open in this January class...hope you guys receive good news as well
    If you got your medical call this week I'm pretty sure you got it for January

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a brand of soft knee/elbow pads that are required for the academy that they have used?

Comment

• Did my oral psych a few days ago, any chance of potentially finishing the background, board evaluation and medical all before January?

Comment

• ZenR11
        ZenR11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would say anything is possible at this point. I was told today that I will be notified of my board decision next Tuesday. They scheduled me for my medical next Saturday, pending the decision lol.

• NYranger
        NYranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent news for you bud! Best of luck!!

When did you take your oral psych ?

• ZenR11
        ZenR11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!

I took my oral psych back in September and was cleared 2 weeks after. But length of time between each phase differs for everyone.

• Has anyone heard anything about an upstate class?

I passed my psych on 11/29, still waiting for background to close.

Comment

• AMP519
        AMP519 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you say you passed psych, they notified you? I took mine early November and haven't heard anything. Guess i didn't pass? Or would they even tell.you that you didnt

• Jchristo
        Jchristo commented
        Editing a comment
        They sent me an email stating that I can continue to move forward with the process

• AMP519
        AMP519 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, thanks. If you passed on 11/29, what day did you take the oral?

• I also was told my pre appointment medical is scheduled for Dec 21 pending the decision of the evaluation board. Also was told the academy is to commence on Jan 6.

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonder if those of us close to the finish line stand a legit shot at making the class...I would assume less than a month away they would have the majority of candidates already selected, especially since Court Officer classes usually aren't that big...hope I'm wrong on that assumption!

• ZenR11
        ZenR11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we do have a shot. Considering the list numbers they were processing up to for NYC.

• Rockaway8678
        Rockaway8678 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, if board approval goes thru on Tuesday I take my medical on the 21st, good luck to all

• They sent me an email stating that I can continue to move forward with the process

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP519 View Post
        Ok, thanks. If you passed on 11/29, what day did you take the oral?
        I took the oral on 11/8

Comment

• Lerg13
          Lerg13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you downstate or upstate ?

• How many classes does OCA typically have every year? Just incase we do not make this class, is it reasonable to assume OCA will have 1 or 2 more classes before the list expires ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerg13 View Post
          Are you downstate or upstate ?
          Upstate

Comment

• Medical went well on Saturday...I got there very early, didn't really help still was one of the last few to leave lol..Was about 8 of us...was told this will likely be the last class for this list. Once they are done pulling people who applied to work in NYC they will look in the 9th/10th districts and any remaining spots they will call people by rank...so guess all can do is to keep my fingers crossed. Could be as little as a weeks notice for the academy.

Comment

• NYranger
              NYranger commented
              Editing a comment
              At the earliest it wont be until 2021 when they start calling from the new exam. There wont be another academy class for a whole year? I feel like there is a good chance for atleast one more academy after Jan 6 class.

• Rockaway8678
              Rockaway8678 commented
              Editing a comment
              Virgil_Tibbs at your medical did anyone mention when you would know for sure you made the academy? I know it’s conditional on blood and urine. Just wondering in regards to current employment and giving notice.

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Could be around Christmas or you could receive as little as a week's notice we were told(four of us were in the room at the time).Basically recommended we started getting stuff for the academy as well as trying to get our immunization records as well

• Rockaway8678
              Rockaway8678 commented
              Editing a comment
              Virgil_Tibbs Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

• Has anyone purchased the PT apparel from Amazon? Or did you just order directly from the site they provided?

Comment

• Rockaway8678
              Rockaway8678 commented
              Editing a comment
              I ordered straight from Russel Athletic, it was reasonably priced and I got 15% off by signing up with them on the site. However the knee and elbow pads I did order from Amazon as well as the sneakers.

• ZenR11
              ZenR11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh ok cool! Thanks

• Make sure everyone brings ALL of the equipment that they tell you to bring. Read everything carefully and dont try to get away with something slightly different.

Comment

• Can anyone recommend or post a link for mid calf crew socks that are all white (everything seems to have a brand name under the toes, or a stitching of a non white color.

Comment

• Was just told I have to attend the medical on the 21st. Hopefully we can get into the January academy. My whole process has been done in two months so it seems like they’re trying to get us ready for January.

Comment

• AMP519
                AMP519 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats. When did you get confirmation you passed psych?

• Virgil_Tibbs
                Virgil_Tibbs commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope you guys are right. Me and a few of us were told if we didn't make January 6 that's probably gonna be it. Well he certainly made it seem that way.....although maybe he's referring to those of us who are in the 9th/10th judicial district...maybe some of you chose NYC and scored higher(I'm in the 10,000s).

I'm just skeptical that only weeks away they're still looking for a good amount of people. Hope I'm badly wrong though and get a phone call...lol
                Last edited by Virgil_Tibbs; 12-18-2019, 06:03 PM.

• I hope they have additional classes after January.
              Last edited by AMP519; 12-18-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Amc2191
                Amc2191 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. They notified me about the psych on December 5th.

• NYranger
                NYranger commented
                Editing a comment
                What day was your psych?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5924 users online. 381 members and 5543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X