300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
    might be a bit faster this time , test is taken on screen , no paper booklets to process
    I'm honestly really nervous about it being on the computer. I feel like it would be harder. At least you could physically cross out the wrong answers when the tests were on paper. For me it's just easier being able to physically cross them out. I know everyone is different. So, I'm a little worried about that. Especially since the memory and chart portions get me worked up the most.

The last test I took, for a different position, was done on computer as well. I don't know how I did on it yet. But it was a little nerve wracking.

I got the test booklets to practice so I can get a good score. But now I'm worried that it's not gonna help much.

Comment

• Mm2005
      Mm2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does anybody have any pointers on how to do well on the memory portion? I'm really worried about that part. Or is there anything I can do to improve my memory, like doing practice exams or apps that help to stimulate my brain? I know, it seems silly. But i really want to do well on this test.

• Brute34690
      Brute34690 commented
      Editing a comment
      Look into practice police exams, simple google search... things like Barons test prep.

• Hey.
    For those of us currently going through investigation, is it possible for us to be in January Academy?
    If not, is there typically 2 Academy sessions per year? Basically if not in January, will we be expired. Thanks

Comment

• Holcroft
      Holcroft commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible. And can only guess at this point on how many classes will go from this list, I would say at least 2 and as many as 4.

• BigSpritz
      BigSpritz commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I heard recently there is going to be a large class scheduled for Brooklyn academy in January, the first class was 240 in Brooklyn. They are trying to squeeze in more than that, no definite number but I heard in the ball park of 260-280. There’s a chance you could be in it so don’t give up hope, with that being said start or continue to do push-ups/mountain climbers/sit-ups/ and run to stay in shape. Don’t want to be targeted at the beginning of the academy if you can’t hang with the rest of the class during PT. Good luck.

• Hey what’s up everyone .. been following this thread since I got the letter for my physical back in April it’s been really informative to read all the experiences .. my own process is kinda at a standstill if feels like with my background check. It started in August and I’ve checked in periodically with my investigator the last I heard from my investigator he would be finishing my file “in the near future” that was October 1st and that he’d reach out if needed. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or advice on what to do or what i should be thinking besides staying in shape and out of trouble .. thanks guys

Comment

• What’s up everyone ! Does anyone happen to know what rank they are up to regarding NYC and upstate. I see on the website they are up to a score of 70 for upstate but does that mean that people with a high rank score in the 70s are being appointed the job or are they just being able to go through the process?

Comment

• Glock40
        Glock40 commented
        Editing a comment
        It means they are processing up to that score. Not that they are appointing them.

• Nycourt
        Nycourt commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh ok. Would you happen to know what rank they are up to for NYC and upstate ?

• Glock40
        Glock40 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what ranks. I know they are processing some people that have deferred.

• Anyone know of any good sample test or booklets for this exam? I took the test back in 2014 and scored a 82 without studying but I wanted to ensure I scored higher on this go around.
      Exams Taken:
      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
      NYPDPC Exam 2214
      APD5- Complete
      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• If you already have 8 years on in a 25yr NYS retirement, do you still have to do a full 30 years with the courts?

Comment

• Brute34690
        Brute34690 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on Tier status, age and whatever other factors may apply....call NYS retirement for proper answers towards your situation

• What color suit is allowed at the academy? I'm assuming only black/dark blue? Very good deals right now during Black Friday.

Comment

• Jdot2116
        Jdot2116 commented
        Editing a comment
        What would you wear to a job interview?

• L33
        L33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Business attire. Suit, tie, dress shoes. Blue,black,tan. If you plan on a white suit the first day let me know I want to come watch. Keep it simple, it's not a fashion contest.

• About how long did everyone have to wait to hear back that your medical was complete? Took mine about a week ago pending blood/drug test and am just wondering when they notify you that you are considered a candidate for next academy

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm wondering how they're going by rank...I'm in the 10,000's and I got board approval...no medical yet though.

• Nycourt
        Nycourt commented
        Editing a comment
        Virgil_Tibbs what location are you going for ?

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going for either the 9th or 10th district(sorry I forgot lol) for the Brooklyn academy if that's what you're asking.

• Nycourt
        Nycourt commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh so you dojng NYC lol. Goodluck

• Does anyone know how long the oral psych usually last? And what can we expect from this step? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYranger View Post
        Does anyone know how long the oral psych usually last? And what can we expect from this step? Thank you!
        Oral psych is a psychiatrist who sits with you with some of your record In front of her and asks u questions about where youve lived what school youve gone to if uve done drugs ur past financial history, what's your flaw what's ur strength, why u r even here applying, press a few buttons they may see in ur past that may annoy u to see how u answer under pressure and if u would lie. All that takes 20 to 30 minutes depending on how much u have to talk about (expect a few "well why?" Question" and it's over. The psychiatrist compares notes with investigator and u see what happens.

Comment

• NYranger
          NYranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Do they beat you over the head with interrogation style interviews or is this more of a calm sit down with a psychologist? I understand every angecy handles things a bit differently.

• Hey, currently going through the investigative process. Any advice on whether to sign for the next exam just incase the list expires and i don't get called?
        Or if they don't call me it's for a reason like they didn't accept me. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by NYranger View Post
          Thanks! Do they beat you over the head with interrogation style interviews or is this more of a calm sit down with a psychologist? I understand every angecy handles things a bit differently.
          It is not like some police agencies where they try to put you under excessive stress can cause you to get angry. The psychologist is a bit pensive and Stern, to make you feel a bit uncomfortable but it really is as simple as answer the questions straightforward, and honestly and move on. Depending on this psychologist they may not be friendly with you at all but will be on point, to the point. It is calm, and straightforward.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9190 users online. 312 members and 8878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X