Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got a letter back in September saying I Passed the psych. Then I get a letter saying I failed the psych a few weeks later. To say the least, I was distraught. All a sudden I get called in by my investigator for a re-interview. I came in suited up and hoping for the best. Turns out I failed to hand in just one Summons that I completely forgot about that was dismissed years ago and when I had asked for copies on the courts for all my summonses no one told me some summonses were held in different offices so I made the huge error of assuming that was all I had. I couldn't believe such a simple mishap could ruin it all for me. Thankfully though after explaining this to my investigator and her hire ups I was told I would have a new Psych interview and to hand in this missing paperwork to my investigator. They gave me another shot, for which I am very grateful. To anyone in here really sit down and try to remember everything in your past that may matter. Do not let a simple mistake ruin things for you. I just hope I get the new psych interview very soon and pass it again so I can make the next academy. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• maximus477
      maximus477 commented
      Editing a comment
      Highwaybob I have to give court records for all summonses I have received. namely being judge decisions. crazy how some stupid summons you get a decade ago when you are just a kid and even got dismissed can cause such a headache down the line. Wish I knew then.

• maximus477
      maximus477 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycourt no it was a criminal court summons. Something very small that got dismissed as well. like a hanging out in the park after 9 summons.

• HighwayBob
      HighwayBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, there you go. Apparently you never applied for any LE job before. You have to account for everything ESPECIALLY if it's criminal.

• maximus477
      maximus477 commented
      Editing a comment
      HighwayBob I did account for everything. the issue was the court itself not giving me everything and not informing me some paperwork would be in a different location. Which seems ridiculous. While I understand not handing in something would cause my investigator to question it I feel it shouldn't have gone straight to psych considering they had already cleared me. While I know I should have made sure this didn't happen, it's crazy how a small error or mistake can jam you up.

• What’s up everybody! New to this forum. I’ve been hearing there’s an academy coming up for NYC in the upcoming months. Does anyone know if there will be another academy after ?

Comment

• FG1991
      FG1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning,

None of us have much of a clue what is going on. We are all on the same boat for the most part trying to attain information. We all try and update each other on what intel we receive from the administrative line; but we have no inside knowledge of what obviously is happening in regards to academies and start dates and etc.

Only info we have is as per admin phone line (NYC) possible January class.
      As per someone going through process (Upstate) supposedly a December class as per a court officer.

I would say like most agencies if another class were to happen it would be up to the needs of the state/city/gov't and funding and processed applicants. But everyone here is obviously hoping to get into whichever class is to start 1st. :-)

***Best of Luck***

• Nycourt
      Nycourt commented
      Editing a comment
      FG1991 thanks for reply/info!l, Much appreciative! I’ll keep checking back for updates. As I am too just starting the process

• FG1991
      FG1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem,

Take note in regards to the academy dates the administrative line is the best number to contact in regards to finding out when they would begin and if they will have more classes after.

But the forum is helpful for other things. Scroll from latest activity and head backwards and you can find some helpful information. Or just pose your question no one has issues restating any answers.

*** Best of Luck on your process ***

• Question guys: There are candidates who recently passed the evaluation board and reported for the final medical. If the next academy is tentatively scheduled to commence sometime in January, why are candidates reporting for the final medical so prematurely if the results of the final medical are only good for a month?

Comment

• maximus477
      maximus477 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is just a working theory but I believe it is because an academy was initially planned for November. So they probably started the medicals in preparation for a November academy only for that to be scrubbed for a later date.

• Yeah. I was just curious. All i can do at this point is remain trouble free and stay in shape.My investigator has proved to be very elusive though.

Comment

• maximus477
      maximus477 commented
      Editing a comment
      every two weeks or so shoot her a call and touch base. That is what I do. Anything else you need? oh ok, nothing ok have a great day!!!!! at the bare minimum, it shows how much you want the job.

• I have not heard of any candidates going for there final medical yet for an upcoming academy. Where did you find out this information?

Comment

• A few candidates i speak with on a daily basis received communication via email earlier this month stating they were cleared by the evaluation board. Subsequently, they were scheduled for their final medical. They all went for the medical on Oct 12.

Comment

• Nycourt
        Nycourt commented
        Editing a comment
        It might be possible an academy maybe next month?

• Hello all
      just thought I’d write a motivational note

I was in the academy upstate 9/2018; currently in LI command
      Just continue w process, speak the truth, write the truth and keep your nose clean

dont stress about things out of your control, all you can do is plug along

by far this is the best career in-law enforcement
      see you on the other side!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CC36 View Post
        A few candidates i speak with on a daily basis received communication via email earlier this month stating they were cleared by the evaluation board. Subsequently, they were scheduled for their final medical. They all went for the medical on Oct 12.
        Upstate or Brooklyn?

Comment

• All for NYC.

Comment

• I heard through the grapevine the next academy class will not being going on until next year. Was supposed to be November but everything won’t be ready and completed in time for a November class. Their looking at January/February class. Keep trucking and stay motivated. Don’t let this deter you, this process will weed out the weak and the folks who want the job will stick it through. PULL UPS, SIT UPS, MOUNTAIN CLIMBS AND RUN!!! You got this guys!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCmech6216 View Post
              I heard through the grapevine the next academy class will not being going on until next year. Was supposed to be November but everything won’t be ready and completed in time for a November class. Their looking at January/February class. Keep trucking and stay motivated. Don’t let this deter you, this process will weed out the weak and the folks who want the job will stick it through. PULL UPS, SIT UPS, MOUNTAIN CLIMBS AND RUN!!! You got this guys!!!!
              Also heard this for the upstate class

Comment

• Pull ups?! OMG! I cant even do one!! Lol....

Comment

• Rockaway8678
                  Rockaway8678 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think he/she meant push ups

• USMCmech6216
                  USMCmech6216 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, push ups. I mean doing pull ups is also good for you. Lol

• Hi all,

I took the last exam and scored 85, requested NYC as my location. It doesn't look like they will get down to my rank so I am trying to score higher for the exam coming this Spring 2020. I already purchased the Court Officer Exam book via Amazon but Does anyone think it is necessary to pay for Prep classes?

Comment

• maximus477
                  maximus477 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope. take the practice exam over and over and over and play brain games like lumosity. I did that and scored high.

• USMCmech6216
                  USMCmech6216 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely not!

• Just did the medical about a week ago. Received a conditional offer slated for January contingent on blood&urine test. Just updating everyone who is in limbo.

Comment

• Tedliz
                  Tedliz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How many candidates were with you during your final medical?

• kcole26
                  kcole26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats on the next step! How long after your board approval did you get the pre-medical notification? My board approval came a few weeks back, I'm hoping I get called for pre-med soon

• maximus477
                  maximus477 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice congrats. I hope I make the january class too.

• Jay9090
                  Jay9090 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  -How long did the physical take?
                  -Do they check multiple people at a time or is it one person at a time?
                  I will be scheduled for it soon and just want to have a better idea on what's going to happen. Thank you.
                  Last edited by Jay9090; 10-25-2019, 10:53 PM.

• Hey everybody,

I took NYPD Exam 8339. My list number is 10XXX. I know it’s a long wait to begin the interview process so I’m not worried about the time that’s passed, I am worried however about my contact information updating since I took the exam. Would anyone here know who I would be able to contact in order to update this info? Reading the past few post on this forum has made me think that I may have missed out on my initial email/call.. any help on this is appreciated so thanks in advance.

Comment

• Jdot2116
                  Jdot2116 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This forum is for NYS Courts

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8184 users online. 223 members and 7961 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X