Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - can anyone provide insight as to when the 2020 exam will be given?

Comment

• Originally posted by joeya7 View Post
      Does anyone know the pay scale from entry level to final step top salary?
      as of 4-1-20 start @ 51113+ 4200 (location pay for downstate) + 750 SLED PAY +1440 Uniform = $57503

*You might not get a full uniform allowance or SLED pay your first year depending on when you actually start.

After completion of two year traineeship

60339+4200+750+1440 = $66729

Every April 1 you will get an increase until max.

Im not sure if it makes sense to post the max salary with longevity. It takes 9 years to max then an additional 4 for first longevity and then 4 more years for second longevity. Plus there is a 20 year bonus etc. Also by the time you hit max the top salary should be higher. Right now figure about 88K

all number DO NOT include OT
      Last edited by unblindeacon; 10-10-2019, 09:27 AM.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        So at the end we can make a pretty decent salary! That’s good to know thanks for the info really helpful

• Hey
      I spoke to someone this morning at administration on the 212 # and they are still projecting for early January and thats all that was said.
      However like all agencies start of next academy would be contingent on needs of the state, funding, how long processing all applicants takes, if they have enough applicants etc.

The best way to find out information about when a possible next academy would be ALWAYS to just call the 212 number that is at the end of all letters from administration. Most of us in this chat have little to no intel; lol so BEST to just go directly to the source and ask them. They have no issue providing what info they have.

Some applicants have received their clearance & have been approved by The Board (as we have seen by comments in here) and some haven't (which DOESN'T mean you are out the running) however those who have been cleared may not have received the date of the PRE-medical which has been noted to happen about a month before an academy class.

BEST THING is to be patient, keep working out, stay out of trouble, call/email your investigator to find out where they are with your case and FOCUS ON YOU & OTHER GOALS in case this doesn't pan out.

****Either way best of luck to everyone****
      Last edited by FG1991; 10-10-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Lerg13
        Lerg13 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I went to do my packet and get my disposition. One of the court officer there told me there will be a December class(this is word of mouth and I didn’t even ask her when the class would be) for downstate, nyc

• Whats the likelyhood of those in the 11,000 range(NYC) to be called for an academy? I am scehduled for the PAT exam on October 31st and was wondering if there is an actual solid chance here to make an academy class.

Comment

• Any rumors on upstate academy?
        for background interview should i wear a suit and tie or just a dress shirt and slacks?

Comment

• Glock40
          Glock40 commented
          Editing a comment
          Always wear business attire.

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          If you want the job wear a suit. Not sure why you'd even have a doubt about that.

• L33
          L33 commented
          Editing a comment
          A suit is required for every step (except initial Pat) until the day you graduate. You'll arrive at the academy in a suit, and leave in a suit, usually drenched in sweat.

• Would anyone be able to tell me how is the parking situation on a weekday by the Brooklyn academy?

Comment

• Jdot2116
          Jdot2116 commented
          Editing a comment
          Parking is very limited by the academy. You would have to arrive by 6a in order to find decent parking. However, there are 2 parking garages within walking distance.

• Took the written exam in October 2009. Just got called for the fitness test on October 16, 2019. Does anyone know how long you are there for and do they take your money order even if you fail the fitness test?

Comment

• FG1991
          FG1991 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey,
          The earlier you get there the "earlier" you will take the physical exam and leave.
          So if the test starts at 8 get there by 6:30-7 ( wait on line) and you will be a part the first groups possibly to go.
          But when they say be prepared to be there all day they mean you can be there up to like 5-6hrs or so; it truly is a long process especially if you get there closer to exam time.

So eat prior bring light snacks/food and water to sustain you in case you are there for awhile. Once you are in the door you cannot leave for food or phone call or to make copies of anything.

The earlier you wait on line the "earlier" you get out. But remember it's a matter of how many people are coming for that PAT exam also.
          They only take the money if you pass.

*** Best of Luck ***

• Johnfox
          Johnfox commented
          Editing a comment
          is it zero tolerance with a cell phone in between breaks?

• FG1991
          FG1991 commented
          Editing a comment
          They stress no cell phone usage. You are sitting in a classroom waiting to be called there are no "breaks per-say". When you go for the actual exam you definitely won't be focusing on phone use during the 1min breaks you have.

They make it as if they will kick you out if they do catch you. (WHO KNOWS maybe they do, maybe its just a focus tactic).

Either way just don't get caught. Bring a book, crossword, use your phone minimally and just be aware of when admin is walking in and out or just sleep and wait your turn.

*** Best of luck today ***

• Originally posted by Johnfox View Post
        Took the written exam in October 2009. Just got called for the fitness test on October 16, 2019. Does anyone know how long you are there for and do they take your money order even if you fail the fitness test?
        You sure you didn’t take the test in 2014?what did u score?
        and they only take it after you pass everything

Comment

• Johnfox
          Johnfox commented
          Editing a comment
          79-80 rank 7335

• If you need to use the phone they usually will let you but they ask that you go outside of the room into the hallway. They are reasonable and know that most of the candidates are currently employed and may need to call their current employer to inform them that they may be late for work. Best advice I can give is to arrive very early just in case a lot of people show up. First time I took it less than 20 people showed up and we were done in about 2 hours. Second time was almost 100 people and we were there ALL DAY! So you might need to call out from work depending on your group placement. Just let them know you need to call work or babysitter etc. and DO NOT get caught on the phone in the room while waiting to be called for the PAT. You might ruin your chances at getting hired!

Comment

• I recently passed the PAT on Tuesday (wooohooo). After I did the vision and fingerprints, they gave me a date for the written psychological (Monday Oct 21) and background (Nov 7th) . Is this what usually happens or is this moving a little fast? Im just curious because I know there are rumors of a January class and im wondering if they are trying to fill the class.

Thank you

Comment

• FG1991
            FG1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that pretty much sounds about right. Congratulations!

I passed my PAT end of June had my written psych in early July & met with investigator/start of background a week later.
            Following up will be the oral psych with a psychologist maybe a little bit after.

The appointments made is the quick part. It's the actual investigation that can take a bit longer. The paperwork/investigation part is the longest drawn out part of the whole process. So whatever paperwork they ask you to get that takes a long time get those in order early (driver abstract, birth certificate, anything from courts) etc.

The rumor with the January class is based on administration line but we won't know for awhile so don't stress that part. If the timeline works out thats awesome. Just get the paperwork together.

*** Best of Luck ***

• They seem to be moving faster than usual possibly to get the class ready for the next class.

Comment

• About how long does the background interview take?
            should i come a hour early like i did for the physical or do they take them in alphabetical order?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you mean the oral psychological? If so, yes come early. Mine was scheduled for 11, I got there at 10:15, and was taken in at 10:37

• Crash test.......Hopefully OCA is looking to fill all the holes in the ranks.

Comment

• The back ground interview itself depends on the info on your forms that the investigator may want more detailed information about like past arrests, court appearances for ANY reason ( witness, lawsuit etc.). They may have you fill out the form explaining in further detail right there at the interview or they will ask you to e-mail them explaining the situation in further detail. That only covers the time you are sitting in front of your investigator not the amount of time you are waiting to be called in to the back. It all depends on how many people show up. Always try to get there early for everything especially work if you do get the job. Better to be early and relaxed than just on time and stressed out because you are almost late.

Comment

• I called today the day before my background interview to confirm i am coming tomorrow.He told me he does not need my name is this normal?

Comment

• Nycourt
                  Nycourt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What’s up! New to the forum. Wanted to ask what academy are you aiming for, update or nyc ?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8914 users online. 299 members and 8615 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X