300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning,

Does anyone who has been through this process and through the academy already know how long between receiving the PHASE III email that states "...administration determined that you may move forward with the screening process for passing psychological evaluation" before they receive an email or contacted by investigator for getting chosen/passing the next step of *Evaluation Board*?

Thank you

Comment

• USMCmech6216
      USMCmech6216 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took about 2 months to get the email saying I pass phase III. And 9 months after that to say I passed the Evaluation broad, if that helps any.
      Last edited by USMCmech6216; 09-16-2019, 10:37 AM.

• FG1991
      FG1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for this I appreciate your feedback. 9 months is a long time for a background to check. We were informed that that could take up to a year or so.

My thing is they stress a late Fall/ November academy wouldn't we have access to that academy?
      If so how can a Background take that long if we are to stay out of trouble & keep working out for an academy coming up.

• BigSpritz
      BigSpritz commented
      Editing a comment
      FG1991 getting into the next academy is solely based on the needs of the court, as well as how far down the list they are. Only time will tell, they normally issue a premedical date a month away from the start of the academy. So if you don’t hear anything and it’s mid November, chances are you won’t be in that next class. Just have to wait and see what happens, continue to train and don’t give up hope. Good luck.

• I also received a letter that stated my Phase III Psych Eval was complete. Does this mean the background investigation is complete or do we receive a separate confirmation of that?

Comment

• BigSpritz
      BigSpritz commented
      Editing a comment
      You will receive a separate email for the background investigation completion, it took exactly one month between the passing of my psych eval email and the background investigation email.

• Thank you and does anybody know if u get time in between test to recuperate or atleast catch your breathe . I get out of breathe easily and if affects my performance on the next test . If i atleast have 10 mins in between I’ll be good . Also does anybody know the order of the test . So that way i can practice that way .

Comment

• BigSpritz
      BigSpritz commented
      Editing a comment
      Some time is given in between each section of the test, not much but some. When I went for my PAT it was in groups of 6, the order was: pushups, agility run, sit-ups, and beep test.

• FG1991
      FG1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is groups of 6. Each applicant receives a #. And from there you rest in between other applicants being tested. You get maybe max 3-4minutes between test; and I am high balling, because the physical goes pretty quick once you begin. Just try and breathe and calm yourself between test. But you definitely don't get 10minutes.

Pushups (being tested 2 at a time)
      Agility (tested 1 by 1 & you go 2 rounds, they take the fastest of both recordings)
      Sit-ups (tested 2 at a time)
      Beep Test (All 6 are tested in their own lane; All Together)

• There is no specific timeframe on passing phases since everyone's situación is different. All depends on amount of time it takes to do your background. The phase 3 letter is only stating that you have passed the psych part of the process. Once your investigator is done gathering all your background info they will submit your file to the board and they have the final decision. You can give your investigator a call to see if they need anything other info , but besides that you just have to wait. I passed the board, but just had to retake my psych and physical ability test due to them expiring. Stay in shape and out of trouble which are the only things in our control. Good luck to all!.

Comment

• Dont forget the baby shampoo for OC day!

Comment

• This might be a dumb question, but:

Are non testers allowed to be on site while you take the test(The PAT to be specific)?

Comment

• L33
          L33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing anyone who does not have an appointment will have to wait outside. There are a few places around the academy to eat, Starbucks, bagel pub, but they could be waiting all day depending on what number you are in line. Get there early. 7,7:30

• USMCmech6216
          USMCmech6216 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with L33, but I’d say earlier then 7:30. Lean more towards 6:30-7. I showed up at 7:06 and was there until 3:45-4:00

• I found out I passed the psych two weeks ago and now I am just waiting for my background to clear. I hope it goes quickly because I keep hearing an academy is coming in November or even late October.

Comment

• kcole26
          kcole26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat. I want to follow up with my investigator on the status of the BI however if calling = having my file go to the bottom of the list (some threads on this forum have indicated that) then I'll just sit tight. Have you reached out for a follow up to your investigator?

• USMCmech6216
          USMCmech6216 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not trying to shoot your hopes down, but I don’t think you’re going to get into this upcoming academy class. You have to wait for your BI to be fully complete before it goes to the board and then they do there thing and give the OK before you’re even considered for a provisional appointment. Just sit back and relax and keep doing those Sit ups, Mountain Climbers, push ups and run. RUN, RUN, RUN! You may want to work on “stacking some chairs too”. My follow brothers and sister will know what I mean.
          Last edited by USMCmech6216; 09-16-2019, 10:50 AM.

• Hey all, I received a conditional letter for the agility test Sept 19th. Unfortunately I hurt my knee over the summer I’m not 100% better and haven’t practiced as much as I would have like to. Passing the agility test definitely doesn’t look promising for me. My question should I at least go and attempt the test?

Comment

• You could risk injuring it further if you attempt the test, however if you defer for an injury you will need a doctor's note saying your healed and able to participate if they even schedule you for another one. If you can go out right now and run a mile without stopping, you can probably attempt the test. If you can't, then call and ask for a deferment.

Comment

• Hello Everyone, Do they allow water or snacks inside the building during ur PAT?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
            Virgil_Tibbs commented
            Editing a comment
            They did at the PAT in Brooklyn

• Determine28
            Determine28 commented
            Editing a comment
            On the website it says to bring snacks and water due to being there for extended time

• Okay, Thanks!

Comment

• For the non certified items statement from socail security it saying $91.but the LT during the physical told me it was $125 .am i getting the right one?
            and do they actually get in contact with every employer from the last 20 years?

Comment

• FG1991
              FG1991 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it is $91.
              And they will have you fill out paperwork to be mailed out to all employers that you can remember on the Social paperwork.
              They contact what you provide essentially.

• Virgil_Tibbs
              Virgil_Tibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep $91(it was cheaper when I did it back in 2015!)...it should have the employers and the amount you earned year by year. And the address of such or maybe the address to who does there payroll, etc. I know some people got the wrong printout.

• Hi everyone, just wondering what I should do? Called my background investigator about a month ago and told me my background is complete. Last week got an email stating my oral psych was complete and passed. What is the next step? Does anybody recommend that I should call either background investigator or e mail co_processing? Or just wait for the email for final medical

Comment

• L33
              L33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations on getting this far. You will receive and email about 30 days from the start of the next academy scheduling your medical. Make sure you call to confirm as per the directions in the email. You should be doing push ups, situps mountain climbers. A run at least a couple times a week wouldnt be a bad idea. This will only make your academy experience better.

• FG1991
              FG1991 commented
              Editing a comment
              You background investigation is complete ( meaning they got back all the information from your schools/past employers etc).
              Congrats also on passing the PSYCH EVAL.

The next step based on the NYS Courts website would be; passing the evaluation board (meaning all documents that have been submitted::: background investigation papers, SSI, Drivers Abstract, Transcripts etc etc) WILL NOW BE EVALUATED by the board. They are the final step before you receive the email about the medical that is provided by the agency.

Now if you have received the email or your investigator informed you that you passed the evaluation board THEN all thats left is the medical email.

Just depends on what exactly you were told.

All the best!!!!

• Thank you..

Comment

• I went to the physical on the sep 18th and was told to call this number 2124282777 The 21st I wrote down.I am guessing this to call oct 21st the day before my interview?is this to just confirm I am coming?i had to use the bathroom and just walked in the last part of the Lt telling us this.
              Last edited by Travis64; 09-23-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                E.R. HERO commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes if this is your Background Investigation you must call to confirm your attendance. Do not be one of those candidates who forget. Best of luck to you and make sure to have all documents needed that day.

• Let Shawn
                Let Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                What if your not able to get your college transcript because u owe and outstanding balance is there anything u can do to still get it ?

• FG1991
                FG1991 commented
                Editing a comment
                @LetShawn I had an outstanding balance for my schools and they could not release my transcripts without paying them off.

You can go to these schools/ call them try and plead (and of course it all depends on who you get) BUT ultimately these schools want their money and most times they don't care what you got going on. Also understand you are talking to people employed that HAVE TO DO their job at the interest of the school. So if they say there is nothing they can do its cause they can't override the system w/o probably losing their job or something.

The best bet is to try and borrow money from people you trust and will help ESP if you want this or at least want a chance at this opportunity.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8090 users online. 382 members and 7708 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X