Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstate academy class graduated today. Congrats.

Comment

• Makes sense maximus477. They’re looking at every single thing we do along the way. I took my test In May and got 28/28 but I had to defer my part 2 cause my son was born day before. Haven’t heard anything back but have heard from others possibly August I may hear about psych test.

Comment

• Rank # 100**. What's the likelihood of making it to the academy, supposably in November? Going for my psych interview mid-august.

Comment

• So yesterday was the meeting with investigator. So many people just couldn't follow instructions and call to confirm the day before. They sent all of those who did not call to confirm home. A simple phone call was all it took and they are waiting for another scheduled date and good luck on that. they had us all in a room where we had to fill out paperwork and envelopes to all our previous employers, high school and colleges for responses. Then we had to hand all our paper work to our designated investigator. All I can say is follow every thing they say religiously. If they say call on a certain day call!!! you want the job show them you want the job more then others.

Comment

• Lisa57
            Lisa57 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you have difficulty getting your statement of earnings? I am planning to go the morning of my psychological interview at 8am to Brooklyn to pick up the form. And did they talk next steps re medical dates? I figured it may be around October.

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            make sure the Social security office you go to supplies the earnings report. I went to local one by me in queens and I was told only the offices in manhattan or jamaica queens could serve me. Wasted my time, So make sure.

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            oh and no they did not mention medical or anything. I guess that only happens if you pass background.

• Lisa57
            Lisa57 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know. I assumed they all supplied it. I will call ahead. Thanks again!

• Have any of you fellow recruits gone for your psych interview yet? I felt that the psychologist who interviewed me was very nasty, I left feeling very discouraged....

Comment

• Tedliz
            Tedliz commented
            Editing a comment
            I go in mid August. Who was your psychologist?

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, I saw the psych before I even went to see investigator. Mine was not that harsh I felt.

• My psych was Michael Marshall

Comment

• Lisa57
            Lisa57 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is my guy!! Mine is next week. What did he say or do that made you feel discouraged?

• I passed the PAT last SepT, did my Psych in Oct and passed Nov and then passed the Background Evaluation in late March. i heard the next academy is going to be November? Has anyone else heard that as well? I know i will have to re do the PAT because it will be a year since I last passed my original PAT and when I got letter for the Background Eval they said if more then a year has passed you will have to redo it. All i am waiting on is the call for the medical. if academy is indeed in November should i expect that call early October? if anyone has gone through the process about how long before the academy did you all get called for medical. Thanks

Comment

• EPH
            EPH commented
            Editing a comment
            My medical was about a month before getting the call to the academy. Also, as you stated if it has been more than a year you may have to redo the PAT, but that also goes for the psych as well. I know because it happened to me. I ended up taking the PAT, written, and oral psych twice because of them expiring. It’s a good sign if you’ve gotten through it all already though, it all comes down to when they put another class in the academy. Just stay in shape and be ready!

• How is the eyetest?
          im 20/20 with contacts but kind of blind without.

Comment

• Lisa57
            Lisa57 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I took the vision test during the physical, I was told I would fail the medical and need to get LASIK. My contacts were about -5.00. If you aren't sure, you can go to a optometrist and get your eyes tested to see where you are without contacts. I actually ended up getting PRK surgery last week and right now my eyes are 20/30. They are still healing and I am suppose to be 20/20 within 2 months.

From the website - far vision: Testing each eye separately, candidates must have at least 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in the worse eye with or without corrective lenses; and with uncorrected visual acuity of 20/100 or better testing both eyes together.

• I just hope all of us who have high numbers aren't just being strung along. With typical Court Officer classes at 200-225 people. Just feels highly unlikely any of us above Rank 10000 have a realistic chance to get into the academy. Hope I'm wrong...or hope another academy will be soon after this potential November one.
          Last edited by Virgil_Tibbs; 08-08-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a large class! Upstate classes aren’t that big lol, the last NYC class was 220 recruits and that’s the largest class they have ever had. So idk where your numbers are coming from but they aren’t accurate. My upstate class was 92 and we got down to 79, my buddy’s was 79 and down to 73 and another class was 68. Those are upstate numbers not in the 200. So if you are hoping for a 200+ class it’s prolly not happening, sorry. But don’t give up, keep pushing through, stay focus and keep training!

• Received my conditional appointment for upstate. I’ve been waiting for 3 years, finally! Date is set for September 17. I look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all.

Rank # 12xxx

Comment

• anuj1985a
            anuj1985a commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that an academy starting date?

• Iloveviews
            Iloveviews commented
            Editing a comment
            No, it’s basically the beginning of the whole process. We go for physical ability, vision, and fingerprints.

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to burst you bubble. I got that notice too and it took 1.5 years after that to finally get into the academy. So positive though and don’t give up.

• oral psych done, written psych done, met with investigator done.....my old employers already getting the paperwork. I hope that is a good sign. I took the psych before I even saw the investigator so im hoping since investigator is in process of investigating that means i am good on the psych.

Comment

• Rockaway8678
            Rockaway8678 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have my investigation on Thursday night, how early did you arrive for yours? I was thinking an hour earlier.... I already had my psych too, I'm assuming I passed the psych if their keeping my investigation appointment, but not sure.

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rockaway I arrived about 30 min early and the investigators were all downstairs in the lobby waiting for us which caught many by surprise. Do not walk in with headphones on or talking on the phone...etc. I watched many get yelled at for this. Have your ID ready and your confirmation email ready to show it because for some odd reason they did not have me scheduled for that day and I had to prove it by showing the email. Also, I recommend responding and acting with as much respect as possible, many many people were reprimanded for attitudes.

• Have my initial physical appointment October 15th in Brooklyn. Anyone else?

Comment

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            Initial physical? as in the physical test in phase 1? what is your rank?

• To those with experience with this process please provide insight... on the phase two process. When doing the background investigation do they request consent to access your medical records?
          Last edited by Iloveviews; 08-10-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Joey1995
            Joey1995 commented
            Editing a comment
            You sign documents giving them legal authority to request medical records and a bunch of other records about yourself including child support and disability information, etc

• Arriving early for your meeting with your investigator is important, but if you don't call to confirm the day before, you dug yourself an early grave and you can be the first in line and it would mean nothing. So, for my meeting, roughly 40 attendees were present give or take a couple and there were also no shows. At least 10-15 of them didn't call the day before and those were publicly called out on it and had to explain in front of the class why they didn't call. It was terrible to watch grown adults who claim to want the job speak about how they "forgot" or they "lost the phone number". It was a cringe-worthy dozen minutes to say the least. On top of that, another dozen or so didn't present proper paperwork and a handful were late. I can't stress enough to take 20 seconds to call them the day before. Don't be that guy/gal. Takes literally no effort. But on a different topic, it appears that the order of the scheduled steps isn't consistent across the board. I had my psych written early July, my meeting with my investigator last week and my verbal psych in 2 weeks. Employers past and present have already gotten the verification letters. My rank is 10XXX. So...we'll see. Good luck to all!

Comment

• maximus477
            maximus477 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I watched those who did not confirm the day before be shamed and to be honest rightfully so. I have also noticed that the order of the process is not uniform. I had my written psych in early july then very quickly written psych like about two weeks later and met investigator a week after oral psych. though I am very happy my process seems to be going quickly. my rank is in 70xx's. Best of luck to all.

• I got there 45 mins early and I was the 5th one there. The investigators came down around 4:10. Appointment was at 4:30. There were about 25 people tonight in the background investigation. 15 didn't show up or got turned away. 2 people had to explain why they didn't call.

We filled out the forms for our schools and jobs. My investigator said if they don't respond to the first letter, then they send a second. And if they don't respond to the second, then they show up to their door. The background investigator was nice, and it was very painless.
          Last edited by Lisa57; 08-13-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8864 users online. 387 members and 8477 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X